TO ALL RAVENWOOD AND SMYRNA FANS

CHS 2007

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been a lot said from both sides regarding the State Championship Game and the regular season game. Both Smyrna & Ravenwood. . . Yes, they can be obnoxious, particularly if you are sitting on the opposing side of the stadium. But they are loyal . . .

There is no justification for being obnoxious. That's the bottom line.

There is also no justification for Smyrna's players doing what they did.

Please give it a rest and move on.

There is also no justification for Smyrna's players doing what they did.

Neither team should have done what they did. But hey, this is what makes high school football so much better than college or pro. Just imagine how intense the rivalry will be in the coming years. And this will spill over to basketball and soccer and every other sport between the two schools. This is good stuff.

Neither team should have done what they did. But hey, this is what makes high school football so much better than college or pro. Just imagine how intense the rivalry will be in the coming years. And this will spill over to basketball and soccer and every other sport between the two schools. This is good stuff.

NO, IT IS NOT GOOD STUFF!

Stuff likes this continues because some student or fan wants his 15 minutes of fame and does something else stupid. None of this behavior has any place in high school sports.

The rivalry between Maryville and Alcoa is good stuff. The competition between Milan and Huntingdon is good stuff. The football games between Lipscomb and Goodpasture is good stuff. These three rivalries are what high school football is all about.

This Smyrna-Ravenwood debacle is a black eye for TN high school football. You have one coach defended his player's actions on the field. He has a philosophy of if they did it to us, we can do it to them. This type of attitude should not be taught to anyone of any age. Then you have a school whose parents and students misrepresent everything the football coach has built at the school. It is a sad situation for both sides and neither side will come forward and apologize for their actions. I hope these two do not meet for sometime on the football field. They need to walk away from this and try to learn from it.

The rivalry between Maryville and Alcoa is good stuff. The competition between Milan and Huntingdon is good stuff. The football games between Lipscomb and Goodpasture is good stuff. These three rivalries are what high school football is all about.

This Smyrna-Ravenwood debacle is a black eye for TN high school football. You have one coach defended his player's actions on the field. He has a philosophy of if they did it to us, we can do it to them. This type of attitude should not be taught to anyone of any age. Then you have a school whose parents and students misrepresent everything the football coach has built at the school. It is a sad situation for both sides and neither side will come forward and apologize for their actions. I hope these two do not meet for sometime on the football field. They need to walk away from this and try to learn from it.

It shouldn't have happened either time. Both teams, both coaches, both sets of parents of responsible. Your child acts like an A $ $ on the field, then take them out of football program for a season, or a game or two. Too harsh - not at all.

But we won't do it. We all tend to compromise on our child's and team's behavior because after all its our team. We want to win. Its too easy to say one coach defended his players. Its too easy to say the other side's parents misrepresent.

So either the administrator should step in and not the two schools play each other for a year, or two, or three, in any sport Or we should all move on. Nobody's right. Everybody's wrong, but you can't change what happened that night.

But when they do play, its going to be electric, no matter what field or court its on.

I'd say the mother calling the paper to complain is pretty classless. I bet Coach Rector is pretty embarrassed about that one. He didn't sound like (in the paper) that he wanted anything to do with any of this. Good post CHS.

Just a note the mother didn't call the paper the paper called her. That is a fact. Last time I checked this is America where a mother or whomever can say what they want within reason in print. Quit dogging on her for telling the truth. I am just as sick of this whole thing as CHS. Alot of people who post need to grow up and figure out what is really important in life. Half of the people on here will never play football after high school. So why don't you just enjoy the luxury of having an open forum and discuss things that really matter. as my grandmother used to say: If you don't have anything nice to say keep your mouth shut.

Just a note the mother didn't call the paper the paper called her. That is a fact. Last time I checked this is America where a mother or whomever can say what they want within reason in print. Quit dogging on her for telling the truth. I am just as sick of this whole thing as CHS. Alot of people who post need to grow up and figure out what is really important in life. Half of the people on here will never play football after high school. So why don't you just enjoy the luxury of having an open forum and discuss things that really matter. as my grandmother used to say: If you don't have anything nice to say keep your mouth shut.

I called Jeff Lockridge the morning the article came out, his number was at the bottom of the article. Apparently I was not the only one that called. YES she did CALL, FAX and EMAIL HIM. He returned her call and that is where he got the story. Apparently she is a frequent informant to the Tennessean.

VERY PROUD BULLDOG FAN!!

I bet she (suzanne baird) cannot beleive they used her name. If I had done something like that my sons would be so mad at me for stirring up a hornets nest like she did. I bet the other parents are not too happy about it either. I get the idea they are just laying low waiting for it to blow over they are not on here much anymore and I cant blame them there is nothing they can say to make it right. Mrs. Baird and other parents were too quick to call out the kids when they should have been calling out their own bunch of little thugs. And just wait until next season its going to get all started again and the Raptors are probably going to get a heavy dose of medicine this will put a huge target on their backs and they better grow some very thick skin between now and August because I am thinking they will need it.

Its people like you who give sports a bad name. Last I checked adults should act like adults. As far as Suzzanne Baird is concerned I have known her for years she is a smart, highly educated woman. She and the rest of us saw behavior unbefitting State Champions. She had the balls to speak her mind after the paper contacted her. Seems like you don't quite have all the facts in which case you shouldn't be so quick to mouth off.