Who will be the team to beat in 5a

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am happy for you guys winning it this year, but to be honest with you just because they won it this year doesnt mean they will be the team to beat next year!

But In this case though they should be the team to beat next year. They have a lot of seniors leaving but they also have a lot of talented juniors returning. I think they have to be the favorite for next season. Im not saying they will repeat but until they get beat my money is on them.

Ooltewah has 15 returning starters for next year and freshman class went 11-0 this past season with winning the championship game 52-12.

Will that make them a very good JV team or the more talent ones move on up into the varsity level? I didn't know freshman championship game existed. Ravenwood doesn't have a freshman team since year before last.

Will that make them a very good JV team or the more talent ones move on up into the varsity level? I didn't know freshman championship game existed. Ravenwood doesn't have a freshman team since year before last.

The freshman championship was region 2 5A. I would say most of the freshmen will play JV unless they are varsity starters or see significant varsity playing time. Ooltewah still has a few key spots to fill for next year, the biggest qustion will be the QB.

These shoud be good

Lincoln County

Riverdale

Ooltewah

Smyrna

That leaves out a lot of the usual suspects that will probably be in the hunt that I just don't know much about such as

Franklin

Brentwood

Oak Ridge

D-B

Germantown

Ravenwood

I would consider 2006 to ve a down year in 5A with 2007 probably being a very strong year. There were a lot of young teams this year.

These shoud be good

Lincoln County

Riverdale

Ooltewah

Smyrna

That leaves out a lot of the usual suspects that will probably be in the hunt that I just don't know much about such as

Franklin

Brentwood

Oak Ridge

D-B

Germantown

Ravenwood

I would consider 2006 to ve a down year in 5A with 2007 probably being a very strong year. There were a lot of young teams this year.

I agree...it will also be interesting to see how Independence rebounds from the falloff at the end of their season.