Who will be the team to beat in 5a

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, Smyrna was a better team. case closed.

*was a better team on a certain night. your dumb if you think smyrna was the better team in all of 2006, championship or not. trust me, i would love to say we lost to a better team than us because it would make the loss hurt less, but thats simply not the case. dont take my word for it, 49-0. and your counter post will be 9-7. look at those 2 scores for a sec...riverdale is better period but CREDIT to smyrna they did the unlikely. thats why yall where the "underDAWGS" as yall love to use that phrase :lol:

*was a better team on a certain night. your dumb if you think smyrna was the better team in all of 2006, championship or not. trust me, i would love to say we lost to a better team than us because it would make the loss hurt less, but thats simply not the case. dont take my word for it, 49-0. and your counter post will be 9-7. look at those 2 scores for a sec...riverdale is better period but CREDIT to smyrna they did the unlikely. thats why yall where the "underDAWGS" as yall love to use that phrase :thumb:

My point is that i believe both teams gave their all in the 2nd game and Smyrna got the breaks needed. That was not the case game 1. 20 years from now 2006 State Champs is all that will be shown on the books and that goes to Smyrna. Scores do not matter only W's and L's. Smyrna got the W when it mattered most.

WB will be pretty good on the offensive side next year, they have most of their o-line returning and the Tyler will be staying in the QB spot, with Cole Lail, TJ Walker, and Darren Garner at runnning back. But on the defensive side is where we are losing some of our talent , we have to replace an all region defensive lineman and a really good defensive end, we are losing some linebackers but with some promising juniors stepping up to the plate so it will be an interesting thing to see how we play next season.

*was a better team on a certain night. your dumb if you think smyrna was the better team in all of 2006, championship or not. trust me, i would love to say we lost to a better team than us because it would make the loss hurt less, but thats simply not the case. dont take my word for it, 49-0. and your counter post will be 9-7. look at those 2 scores for a sec...riverdale is better period but CREDIT to smyrna they did the unlikely. thats why yall where the "underDAWGS" as yall love to use that phrase :blink:

The Game Was So Lopsided The First Time Around For A Multitude Of Reasons. I'll Name Them Off For You Because You Don't Seem To Know Them....

1. Josh Crouch Didn't Play

2. We Had A Different Defensive Package

3. Reuben Shadrake Was Coming Off Two Weeks With Verry Limited Action Due To Suspension

4. Team Morale Was Down

5. Our Offensive Plays Were More Conservative

However Smyrna Was Still Outplayed And Outcoached I Mean You Don't Score 49 Points On A Team Without Talent And Good Coaching. The Second Time Around Though When Smyrna Had Everything Fixed And Came In Ready To Give It All We All Saw The Outcome. I Hope That These Games Become Closer Now. Then That'll Solidify The Fact That It's A Rivalry Game... :blink:

The Game Was So Lopsided The First Time Around For A Multitude Of Reasons. I'll Name Them Off For You Because You Don't Seem To Know Them....

1. Josh Crouch Didn't Play

2. We Had A Different Defensive Package

3. Reuben Shadrake Was Coming Off Two Weeks With Verry Limited Action Due To Suspension

4. Team Morale Was Down

5. Our Offensive Plays Were More Conservative

However Smyrna Was Still Outplayed And Outcoached I Mean You Don't Score 49 Points On A Team Without Talent And Good Coaching. The Second Time Around Though When Smyrna Had Everything Fixed And Came In Ready To Give It All We All Saw The Outcome. I Hope That These Games Become Closer Now. Then That'll Solidify The Fact That It's A Rivalry Game... :thumb:

#1 is the ONLY excuse that i'll take into consideration, even then, really that doesnt make much of a difference. riverdales lopsided wins over smyrna arent anything new, smyrna actually beating riverdale for once is. im sure with SCN's help i could ponder and think of reasons why we werent at full strength also, not that it matters anymore.

i definately acknowledge the improvements made from week 8 to the quarterfinals out of smyrna. both lines made HUGE improvements, was ultimately the keys to a smyrna victory. im not sure shadowens could have made those adjustments in the past (history backs me on that one), but with the help of the good coaches brought in this year, yall where able to do something never done in smyrna history. a couple things at that. congradulations :thumb:

These shoud be good

Lincoln County

Riverdale

Ooltewah

Smyrna

That leaves out a lot of the usual suspects that will probably be in the hunt that I just don't know much about such as

Franklin

Brentwood

Oak Ridge

D-B

Germantown

Ravenwood

I would consider 2006 to ve a down year in 5A with 2007 probably being a very strong year. There were a lot of young teams this year.

Don't expect Lincoln County to be THAT good. They will probably still win the region, but they lost a lot of their better talent to graduation.

Add to that their best player, Moran (LB/FB) , is rumored to be going to Marshall County to play for Don Thomas.

Don't expect Lincoln County to be THAT good. They will probably still win the region, but they lost a lot of their better talent to graduation.

Add to that their best player, Moran (LB/FB) , is rumored to be going to Marshall County to play for Don Thomas.

Your the type of person who needs to never make a post again LOL TRUST ME MORAN IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE.I KNOW. Lincoln Co. should be pretty good next year they have good players coming back like MORAN! at FB/LB and Shelton at QB and a few others that will step up Lincoln Co. will be better than people think.....

I agree Ooltewah needs to replace QB but other than that are loaded. Riverdale will aways be good. Smyrna now has a taste of the top they will be hard to knock down.