Region 4-5A Rumor Mill

jmu031

yeah thats true......but honestly there isnt as much to learn as people make it out to be you just have to know what information to process in and what information to leave out....like getting yelled at.....if you know what you did wrong then you dont need to hear all the rah rah but if you dont then you do need to listen.....a problem witha lot people is that they cant be told "anything" peroid

You are right....we have had a few of those who refuse to listen to constructive criticism.

I still would not like to be a QB. To those who don't understand the game, everything is blamed on the QB in a loss. They don't understand that the O line can make or break the play of a QB, along with a receiver who runs the wrong route, or a back who can't hit a hole to save his life. There is a lot of pressure at that position.

They have the reputation of Peyton and Marvin though. They need a Reggie Wayne for next year.

Did you change your name to Reggie? :angry:

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right....we have had a few of those who refuse to listen to constructive criticism.

I still would not like to be a QB. To those who don't understand the game, everything is blamed on the QB in a loss. They don't understand that the O line can make or break the play of a QB, along with a receiver who runs the wrong route, or a back who can't hit a hole to save his life. There is a lot of pressure at that position.

Did you change your name to Reggie? :angry:

i do think the most important part of an offense is having good o-line.....because if you have a good o line then everyone around them has confidence to do better then the QB plays better usually knowing they have protection but sometimes you have to make some plays without it

Edited by SopH1025

Very true, but we do need some more help at that position. We can't rely on Sanders to carry the load an entire season by himself.

true...5-wide? :thumb:

I'm assuming Jarvis will get some carries. SMS's running back...I believe his name is Jeremiah Bryson? or something like that. I've seen this kid play numerous times and I can almost guarantee that he will be the best RB in the state by his junior year.

Edited by HSsportsfootball

true...5-wide? ;)

I'm assuming Jarvis will get some carries. SMS's running back...I believe his name is Jeremiah Bryson? or something like that. I've seen this kid play numerous times and I can almost guarantee that he will be the best RB in the state by his junior year.

Yes ... Jarvis will get LOTS of carries. Bryson, I think, will get some major varsity playing time his freshman year.

UH,,,,,Vari was forced to leave OHS b/c of his parents getting divorced. He was living in Smyrna when he played for OHS in the first place. So nix to that theory on him. He had absolutely no control of that situation.

Sam was removed from the team for a violation of county policy . He was lucky he wasn't sent to DanielMc Kee. Ferg had the power to have sent him there, and didn't. If you talk to Sam, you will find out a few other things. You don't go from leading the region for 2 yrs in a row and one of the top receivers in the Mid-State to 5th string? Don't forget Sam did all this with TWO different QB's. ( Smith as a Soph, and Burnett as a Jr.) That showcased his ability as a receiver. MOST players could NOT have done that. Rod is lucky that he has had the same QB for the last 3 yrs. That develops quite a chemistry.

Please be careful what you say and who you say it to. Folk like to talk.....

2p your the last pearson to say watch what u say cause there have been a few times this year where u nthought u knew something and popped off at the mouth but didnt really know

I had to take off from here for a while to much ravenwood he said she said stuff plus after a very long season I was tired :blink:

a couple comments

smyrna has been very blessed for quite a few yrs with good qbs and to be honest I think it is easy to take for granted. There have been several times over the yrs i have thought when we were playing teams we beat "if we swapped qbs with that team they would probably beat us' not only because we had an excellent qb but several of these teams had no qb at all. Blackman comes to mind as a team that has not had a true qb since they started football ( stembridge was great at what he did but was not a true qb plus he had a pretty good tb to hand it to)

I know oakland and others have struggled with it also. In hs football a stud qb is unbelievably valuable since few hs dbs can cover man to man.

winning the blue cross bowl made me realize what others have always told me is true, you need great players and also a lot of the ball bouncing your way especially in the playoffs. smyrna had 3 or 4 good bounces against ooltewah and riverdale or they would not have even been there. I bet every team that wins it can look back and say wow a play here or a play there ??

smyrna will be in good shape next yr but needs a tb to step up or if they don;t smyrna may throw it 60 times a game in 07. look for jarvis, david sanders and if he can stay healthy donovan craig who may be the hardest runner of the bunch.

with the freshman teams siegel has had the last few yrs it is time for siegel to put up or shut up. they have to much talent to have their record the last few yrs.

how will blackmans freshman translate into the varsity??

riverdale will have the best o line in the region once again but who will replace all those yards and tds at qb??

smyrna will get a look at qbs in the spring while sonny plays baseball and as of right now it is anybodies guess who will be the next smyrna qb after sonny?

but we have a long time to worry about that I think for now i will enjoy this yr and look forward to next yr

What I was thinking was this:

Jarvis will probably be playing more fullback than anything else with as wide a frame as he has. WOW is he big.

Donovan is a really good special teams and defensive player. I think playing him 3 ways would not work out too well. We need more help on defense and ST coverage than on offense.

Sanders will be a senior next year. He plays straight up TB, nothing else. So he is slated at #1 right now.

I think we would be more successful with Sanders and someone else sharing the load at TB. Jarvis in at fullback. And Donovan playing ST and defense and maybe a few carries in the offense if he's is as tough as Cat said.

I don't here anything about upcoming middle school players so hearing about this Bryson kid makes me excited. I wonder how much he could contribute at varsity level though.

What I was thinking was this:

Jarvis will probably be playing more fullback than anything else with as wide a frame as he has. WOW is he big.

Donovan is a really good special teams and defensive player. I think playing him 3 ways would not work out too well. We need more help on defense and ST coverage than on offense.

Sanders will be a senior next year. He plays straight up TB, nothing else. So he is slated at #1 right now.

I think we would be more successful with Sanders and someone else sharing the load at TB. Jarvis in at fullback. And Donovan playing ST and defense and maybe a few carries in the offense if he's is as tough as Cat said.

I don't here anything about upcoming middle school players so hearing about this Bryson kid makes me excited. I wonder how much he could contribute at varsity level though.

Jmu, Bryson is a baaaaaaaad boy! He is was most exciting middle school football player to watch. At the middle school level, he is basically Reggie Bush. We would watch him after practice when there were middle school games and I would sit up there and call his touchdowns. The way he runs, I compare him to Antoine. Has a lot of moves. Spin move is ridiculous! He is pretty big, too. I believe he has been starting since 6th grade. I don't know how much he would contribute, but I think Smyrna has a nationally ranked player in the next few years. Thats just my opinion, though.

Donovan is ALWAYS hurt. When he is healthy, watch out.

Edited by HSsportsfootball

Jmu, Bryson is a baaaaaaaad boy! He is was most exciting middle school football player to watch. At the middle school level, he is basically Reggie Bush. We would watch him after practice when there were middle school games and I would sit up there and call his touchdowns. The way he runs, I compare him to Antoine. Has a lot of moves. Spin move is ridiculous! He is pretty big, too. I believe he has been starting since 6th grade. I don't know how much he would contribute, but I think Smyrna has a nationally ranked player in the next few years. Thats just my opinion, though.

Donovan is ALWAYS hurt. When he is healthy, watch out.

Well I can't wait to see him in action. Sounds like he could do some things at the varsity level. How big would you say he is?