Big 9 Confrence

32-34combo

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both times DB went to state they had great players to bail Morgan out with his "my way or the highway" coaching style. The first time the team was loaded with college talent all over the floor. 4 starters and 1 off the bench all went on to sign and play in college. The 2nd time DB had Thomas Harrison who single handedly won about 10 games for the Indians that year.

I think what may turn out to be Morgan's downfall is his inability to change his system to fit his players. He is so set on his ways and doing things exactly as he wants them done that he doesn't take the time to change his defensive philosophy or put in new plays to isolate certain players (Justin Sylvester, cough cough) or anything that will give attention to any 1 person other than himself. That is the main difference with DB and Science Hill at this point. Science Hill is not an incredibly talented team, however Cutlip gets much more out of his players than Morgan does. He has certain sets for certain players and LOVES to isolate Omar 1 on 1 with a defender. I have NEVER seen Morgan do anything like that with any of his players. I think this might turn out to be a long and embarrasing year for the Tribe, however I have not quite given up yet. Just would like to see something change; either some of the philosophies and styles, or if need be, the coach.

Both times DB went to state they had great players to bail Morgan out with his "my way or the highway" coaching style. The first time the team was loaded with college talent all over the floor. 4 starters and 1 off the bench all went on to sign and play in college. The 2nd time DB had Thomas Harrison who single handedly won about 10 games for the Indians that year.

I think what may turn out to be Morgan's downfall is his inability to change his system to fit his players. He is so set on his ways and doing things exactly as he wants them done that he doesn't take the time to change his defensive philosophy or put in new plays to isolate certain players (Justin Sylvester, cough cough) or anything that will give attention to any 1 person other than himself. That is the main difference with DB and Science Hill at this point. Science Hill is not an incredibly talented team, however Cutlip gets much more out of his players than Morgan does. He has certain sets for certain players and LOVES to isolate Omar 1 on 1 with a defender. I have NEVER seen Morgan do anything like that with any of his players. I think this might turn out to be a long and embarrasing year for the Tribe, however I have not quite given up yet. Just would like to see something change; either some of the philosophies and styles, or if need be, the coach.

They should be embarassed to charge entry to that stuff. Say what you will about Coach M but he didn't miss the front end of a 1-and1 at the end...and he didn't turn the ball over coming out of the timeout. Who are you going to isolate 1 on 1 from this team? They can't shoot and it is hard to imagine with the size they have they are not getting to the free throw line...come on they had 1 FT in the second half and only 5 for th game. They are just playing uninspired.

CHARLIE MORGAN...THE BEST COACH IN THE BIG 9 CONFERENCE! HANDS DOWN! Whoever says he needs to be fired is crazy!

Everybody thinks your Omar, I think you must be Charlie Morgan. Whoever you are you just earned the Mo-Ron of the day award. Morgan has proved without a dought that he is by far the WORST coach in the Big 9.

Throp is doing his thing…

Is his "thing" turning the ball over missing outside shots and missing free throws in crunch time?

And to those that think that Cody’s reappearance on the court will completely change the face of this team…I will remind you that the S in his last name stands for Sensabaugh not Superman, and its unfair to put that kind of pressure on him!

With all due respect Cap...they shouldn't have needed Sensabaugh to win that game last night. But the Vikes just out hustled them and they earned and deserved to win.

They should be embarassed to charge entry to that stuff. Say what you will about Coach M but he didn't miss the front end of a 1-and1 at the end...and he didn't turn the ball over coming out of the timeout. Who are you going to isolate 1 on 1 from this team? They can't shoot and it is hard to imagine with the size they have they are not getting to the free throw line...come on they had 1 FT in the second half and only 5 for th game. They are just playing uninspired.

You can only prop up Morgan for so long. If you have seen this team play this year then you know he is doing a very, very, poor job of coaching. The team started out bad and have gotten worse with every game. I tired of hearing all of Morgan's excuses to the media. He needs to look in the mirror. He has taken a very good basketball team and made them terrible. Thats the bottom line.

You can only prop up Morgan for so long. If you have seen this team play this year then you know he is doing a very, very, poor job of coaching. The team started out bad and have gotten worse with every game. I tired of hearing all of Morgan's excuses to the media. He needs to look in the mirror. He has taken a very good basketball team and made them terrible. Thats the bottom line.

WaCoJaCo do you coach? If not then you need to stay off of his back. We all know how hard it is at DB and Science Hill to get kids to buy into your system. A lot of kids want to do their own thing and not listen to the coach. Coaches don't make plays. They dont shoot free throws. They don't turn the ball over. A coach can only do some much. His players need to step up and fill the shoes of Sensabuagh. I don't care what anyone says, they misssss him. When he gets back he will help this team be better. You know why? Because he is a player that can make plays. That is the bottom line. If you think he is doing such a bad job then put your resume in for the job and see how well you do.

They got drilled both times they went to state. Morgan has ruined this team. Maybe he and Daniels have become big golf buddies.

When does baseball season start?

Yeah, and White Station drilled everybody else for 3 straight years! Wake up K-town, you are not that talented in any sport. First it was fire the football coach, now basketball, cant wait until spring. Afterall, isnt baseball supposed to win the state? These coaches now have the same pressure to win as college for a LOT less money. DB's glory days are just that, glory days. The competition is eqully spread across the state with more large HS being built. Morgan will find the right composition by the end of the season.

I think that everyone needs to just stay off of the coach. He definately is not the one that gets out there on the court and makes the plays. The players make the plays. Most of you don't even know what kind of pressure comes from being a head coach. I think people not being pleased and wanting to fire someone comes with ignorance. People are saying the same thing about Graham. I guess some people have forgot that you are not in high school to win a state championship. You are in high school to get a high school diploma. Last time I checked you don't get grades for participating in sports. Sports are an extracurricular activity. Lets look beyond the wins and losses and look at what these people do in the classroom. That is what matters to most people. I do believe that DB is first class when it comes to academics, so if this coach is doing his job there then get off of his back. Until you get in his shoes then don't say a word. If you think he is not the man for the job then put your resume in.

You my friend are the only ignorant one here.... this is just the kind of thing I would expect someone from Greeneville to say!

And to those that think that Cody’s reappearance on the court will completely change the face of this team…I will remind you that the S in his last name stands for Sensabaugh not Superman, and its unfair to put that kind of pressure on him!

Superman is just short for Sensabaugh! B) .... and you are right, these players do not want to play for c mo.... any time you are able to hold a team to 36 points you should be able to win every time.... in my opinion this was not the players faults, I think you know who I will blame for this loss.

My point about Morgan getting the most out of his players is simply this. If Justin Sylvester played at Science Hill right now he would be the leading scorer on the team (Seeing as how Omar isn't scoring too much, either because of double-teams, poor shooting, I haven't seen them play so I don't know). Justin is an ATHLETE and a playmaker. When he catches the ball on the wing and is told to look to throw it in the post every time or get the ball back out front and reverse it, that takes away from his playmaking chances. Morgan is simply a coach that will win if he has a team full of talent, otherwise he has no idea how to get more out of less. This team is a good team if you just let them play together. However, he wants to control every aspect of the game, who takes the shots, when to shoot them, etc. instead of letting these guys play. It is obvious to me that he has them out there too scared to mess up instead of fired up and looking to make a play. There is NO WAY a team of this calibar should have lost to that TN High team last night. The Central game, I could possibly understand them losing, but not by 20. They were on fire that night, hitting everything, however to lose by 20 at home is ridiculous. But, last night, was flat-out EMBARASSING!