CENTENNIAL VS. BRENTWOOD

CHS 2007

I never said it reflected well on Indy's defense. All I did was post statistics. If you're looking for sour grapes, you've got the wrong person. Brentwood outplayed Indy for the first 29 minutes and still did enough to hang on for the win. Good teams find a way to win and Brentwood did that.

Did Independence turn the ball over several times down the stretch and blow their chance at OT? Certainly. But who's to say that once Indy tied it up, Brentwood wouldn't have won...they were playing a stall in the 4th quarter. Had they been forced to revert to the style of basketball that they played in the first three quarters, it's certainly hard to say Indy would have won.

Just some thoughts.

Good post, I agree

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, unfortunately I was able to get the official stats, but Centennial did take last nights game by a score of 63-42. Big game for Drew Kelly, putting up 30+ points for the third time this season. However, the defensive performance was only fair. As always, Bug and Drew came up big inside (Harris had 6 blocks). But again, the man-to-man broke down and Hickman was left wide open on the outside all night. They will need to fix that before this Friday.

i dont think franklin will have much competition for the top spot. i saw hillsboro beat brentwood on channel 9 this morning and they looked very beatable. they were weak inside and do not have good outside shooters. they are a very good team but not on franklins level. and as for the 3 spot why is independence not in there. i think they are the only team with a chance to knock off franklin. but that being said centennial and brentwood are the darkhorses with their inside play and good shooting

HS, first off. Do you really think Hillsboro can beat Brentwood? They're 4-6 right now, with one quality win over Centennial. Second of all, it really sounds like there is some bias here. Brentwood deserves all the credit in the world for their win against Indy. Yes, Franklin might be the region's best, but that doesn't mean Independence isn't a tough team to beat. They are a serious threat in the region. Plus Brentwood is first place in the region, so they probably would like some credit.

And I wouldn't get too cocky about the Franklin vs. Brentwood game. Two tough teams-it will NOT be a blowout.

I sure wish that you would get it straight between "District" 11AAA teams vs. Region teams. Franklin, Indy, Hillsboro and Brentwood or Centennial will be the top 4 teams out of our "District". I would love to be surprised but I doubt if any of the District 11AAA teams can make it past Whites Creek, Antioch or McGavock in the "Region" tournament. Again, I would LOVE to see a District 11AAA team in the Sub-State or in the Boro but I would be very surprised. But then, who would have ever thought that the # four football team in our district (Ravenwood) would have made it back to the State finals this year!! Sooo, it COULD happen. :lol:

Edited by FranklinHSfan

Brentwood has a very good shooting team they score more outside than in. Harris and Price are both good outside shooters and Teichman can score inside or out. The 6'4" kid that comes off the bench is a very good outside shooter. Brentwood has 7 or 8 kids averaging from 6 to 13 points per game. Very well balanced. Did you watch the game against Indy. They probably hit 10 3 pointers.

Those are the positives for Brentwood saying that they must improve their inside defense before they can be considered a contender for the district. Kelly will be a good test for them.

This district will probably come down to Franklin taking first ,Hillsboro and Indy battling it out for 2nd.

Centennial gets credit for the most active fan base on coacht.

I think the Brentwood - Centennial game will be very close could go either way. I will be surprised if either team loses by more than 6.

i agree with what you said about b'wood's shooting teichmann has that short range shot and he hits it all day. he's not that strong of a post anymore but he pops to about 6-7 feet out on the baseline, b'wood's shooting is the key to this game if they shoot like they did against indy then centennial should be scared but if not then it will be a very good game

centennial has to shut down the threat of the outside threat

maybe if they can find a way to draw the play inside by setting it up to were b-wood thinks they can drive to the lane

if centennial can do that and position harris and kelly to play a bit out but come in once the play goes to the hoop, centennial should find themselves with a block party

however

if brentwood gets hot outside and centennial cant answer, this could be a big game for b-wood

Lots of key match ups in this game. Price has been playing well for Brentwood. Don't think it will just be the match-up between Kelly and Teichman that decides this game. Both teams will need to give their big guys help. Kelly is just too strong to single cover in the low post.

This game will probably come down to turnovers and who is shooting the ball well. Both teams are capable of beating most teams in district with exception of Franklin. Both teams are well coached. This should be a good game. I really don't have a pick in this game would not be surprised by any outcome.

Great article in the Tennessean about coach Kelly and family by the way. Good luck to both teams.

Edited by HSbballfan21

i think the matchup between kelly and teichman will be the key to this game. whichever of the two outplays the other, their team should win

No matter who you are or what team you play for, you just can't shut down Drew Kelly. He has put up at least 18 points in every game this season and is averaging just over 20 a game. Franklin couldn't stop him once he got the ball. He outdueled 6-8 Nick Luttrell in the Indy game, and we all saw what happened against Hillsboro. Teichman will easily lose that matchup. However, Centennial needs the others on the team to step it up if they're going to be effective.

No matter who you are or what team you play for, you just can't shut down Drew Kelly. He has put up at least 18 points in every game this season and is averaging just over 20 a game. Franklin couldn't stop him once he got the ball. He outdueled 6-8 Nick Luttrell in the Indy game, and we all saw what happened against Hillsboro. Teichman will easily lose that matchup. However, Centennial needs the others on the team to step it up if they're going to be effective.

kelly is a very good player and even tougher to stop, but i wouldnt count tiechman out. with that said he will also need some help from guards doubling down and the other big guys coming from the back side. if they can get drew into foul trouble, like they did to luttrell, i think brentwood wins going away

k if they can get drew into foul trouble, like they did to luttrell, i think brentwood wins going away

thats a good point whenever you can get the "big" guys in foul trouble its good, but with Drew thats pretty hard, he is very well disiplend on the court, doesnt have a loud mouth, and can hold his ground down low againt anyone. this will be a close game, but i dont believe this will become a foul filled game, unless the score gets ugly

Edited by wysiwyg