Who is the best Coach in Tennessee?

Icy

Well Harpeth's coach has them for 1. Winning

2. He gets along with them.

3. He teaches them more than basketball.

As for Stewart County's he has won 3 coach of the years in 5 years. In his first year he took a Stewart Co. team to regionals that wasn't projected in the top 6. He doesn't have great talent compared to who he plays. I would love to see him at Sycamore but Froedden is a good one. :o

Edited by 34SL

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with mr war eagles, coach froedden is a pretty good coach although his over-all record may not back it up. from what i hear he is about more than just basketball, he teaches his players respect and how to be a man. oh and i might add, coach had a pretty impressive high school and college career. anyone who has this kind of a background cant be a bad coach.

May have to disagree with the "anyone who has this kind of background can't be a bad coach" comment. Did you ever see Magic Johnson coach??? :o

"Westtnballer" ---MUS, Treadwell, White Station, Bolivor. Raleigh Egypt..... could you be anymore biased?

Well I am from West Tennessee, so I know a lot more about the coaches in this area. I did work in Middle TN last year, and I did not run across any other coaches that fit the question. Now when the thread gets started about great up and coming coaches there are a few from Middle TN I could suggest. I would have added the former Brentwood Academy coach if he had not gone to the college ranks. I also included Randy King of MURFREESBORO Oakland. So not sure how that is being bias. I just made statements about the records of three great coaches that are still coaching in Memphis. I do not remember too many other posts that actually validated their suggestion for "Best Coach"

Guest Redpridepersonified

Must excel in all areas:

Qualifications: Coaches with 5 or more years of experience

1. Good basketball Team

2. Good student athletes

3. Players are good students on and off the court.

4. Players graduate near the top of their class.

5. Great Sportmanship

6. Excellent role model for their team

I've got to give some love to the new coach at Henry County! He coached 25 years in Mo. and won over 600 games and he's only been in Henry County since June and he has jump started HC to a 7-0 start. His recipe for success is easy; work harder than the other team and the boys at HC have taken to it well! Not sure where we'll end up but it's been a nice start! Coach Wilkins far exceeds any of the qualifications above!

Edited by Redpridepersonified

I don't know that he is the best coach in Tennessee, but Bill Duncan at Greeneville has done a great job with the program. The talent from the players at the school helps of course, but he has handled it all well and promotes hard work. He never leaves good enough alone and winning isn't enough. No matter what the outcome of a game he always has something else to improve on in practice.

I don't know that he is the best coach in Tennessee, but Bill Duncan at Greeneville has done a great job with the program. The talent from the players at the school helps of course, but he has handled it all well and promotes hard work. He never leaves good enough alone and winning isn't enough. No matter what the outcome of a game he always has something else to improve on in practice.

:lol: I SAY THE BEST COACH IN TENNESSEE IS DOC SHELTON M.L. KING IN NASHVILLE, TN :lol:

• 2 weeks later...