West Greene High School

gonehome

i am telling you that mike pearson is very interested and all he is doing is waiting on a phone call. his wife is from mosheim and they would make a great team. she is an ag. teacher and swaney has got to be retiring soon. she was one of his state officers when she was in highschool and i know that the ellenburg family is highly thought of in the community. so to get them back in the community would be a great benefit for the school. you have never seen what two people can do in building a program. the guy can coach and that is a fact. you may ask why he has never had a head football job before and that is a simpleanswer. he loves a challenge and is not in it for the money. west greene has always been a job that has interested him. get him hired because i know he is looking at a couple of other places and has been offered a head job in the last year bt he wants to do what is best for his family. did i mention get him hired.

Does anybody from the WG comm. know this Pearson guy and what kind of coach he is?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off all the coaches mentioned.

Greenelee

Williams

Helton

Thompson

Early

Who has the most football knowledge and football coaching experience. Williams was coaching football before last season, my vote goes to him. Also no one on this board mentions that J. Early is still on contract and a member of the coaching staff. He hasn't resigned, have you all just written him off!!!!

WG is a really messed up place Bible will wait until the last min to get a coach they need to hurry up and make up ther mind who they want as the coach, I would say hire Greenlee as coach the kids and parents love him there he can turn the team around,

I played with him there he knows what he is doing.

Why do we have to get someone into, west greene, we have plenty coaches there to fill the spot, and I dont think it could get any worst than what it has been.

Yea right! Good coach like getting thrown out of a game they are not even coaching in and one coach running there boys up and down the court during a game. You need to get out of a fantasy world the only good coachs at WG are Coach Bowles and Coach Baughard. They run a top ship, bottom line! And for hiring someone from WG Bowles coachs two sports and Baughard coachs two sports and the basketball coachs wouldn't have the time, so where do propose they are at my friend!

If no openings are there then Carter will be the coach next year.Bible will say we looked but couldn't find anybody to do it so they will get Carter back as coach.

I promise you Carter will not be rehired! As for Greenlee or even Williams to coach football they will have to give up basketball. Greenlee would be willing to do this from talking to him but then you would have to find someone for the basketball. You all don't understand they are going to have to go out and hire a coach one way or the other!

Great point, no one else is raising those points commonsense, so who would you recomend? I do think Early should stay, I don't know too much about Helton. WGHS does need more than just three coaches. The facilities are not that good, but it is better than (Choke a Duck) I mean Chuckey-Doak.

I dont think Early will stay from what I know, I thought he was just helping Carter and getting paid from the booster club. I think but not for sure.

Great point, no one else is raising those points commonsense, so who would you recomend? I do think Early should stay, I don't know too much about Helton. WGHS does need more than just three coaches. The facilities are not that good, but it is better than (Choke a Duck) I mean Chuckey-Doak.

Early will stay more than likely. i know who would have took it if they would have hired him when he contacted them but they told him to wait at least until after christmas.

Does anybody from the WG comm. know this Pearson guy and what kind of coach he is?

billybobbasketball, i am going to answer a couple of questions for you that have been brought up on this sobject. first of all i am not from the wg community but i do know of mike pearson because he was the softball coach at pigeon forge for the past four years. i can tell you he is one "heck" of a coach and from watching him coach softball which he had never done before coming to pigeon forge the guy can build a program. i also can tell you from talking with him over the past four years that he has a very extensive football background. i know that he has coached at william blount, heritage, south greene and pigeon forge. he got out of football at pigeon forge because he was given full reign over the softball program. he has built an unreal field from nothing and he built a 10,000 sq. ft. indoor practice facility. i have seen what he can do and if i was rebuilding a program this is the guy i would hire, especially if he is interested.

Yea right! Good coach like getting thrown out of a game they are not even coaching in and one coach running there boys up and down the court during a game. You need to get out of a fantasy world the only good coachs at WG are Coach Bowles and Coach Baughard. They run a top ship, bottom line! And for hiring someone from WG Bowles coachs two sports and Baughard coachs two sports and the basketball coachs wouldn't have the time, so where do propose they are at my friend!

Williams and Greenlee(they would be great), u know them(people who you go to church with)guys that you are friends with but you stab them in the back on here, no wonder why everyone dislikes you.

billybobbasketball, i am going to answer a couple of questions for you that have been brought up on this sobject. first of all i am not from the wg community but i do know of mike pearson because he was the softball coach at pigeon forge for the past four years. i can tell you he is one "heck" of a coach and from watching him coach softball which he had never done before coming to pigeon forge the guy can build a program. i also can tell you from talking with him over the past four years that he has a very extensive football background. i know that he has coached at william blount, heritage, south greene and pigeon forge. he got out of football at pigeon forge because he was given full reign over the softball program. he has built an unreal field from nothing and he built a 10,000 sq. ft. indoor practice facility. i have seen what he can do and if i was rebuilding a program this is the guy i would hire, especially if he is interested.

Thank you for the info, sounds good to have someone like that interested but 1 question, what does he teach? And there has to be an open position for him to teach there.