Ooltewah vs McCallie

tk20football

Is the only sport that Ooltewah principal will not schedule privates in football? Or is it all sports? Just curious.

actucally ooltewah does infact play mccallie in baseball! If they can play baseball against each other why not strap it up on the football field! Basically I think Ooltewah knows that they can beat mccallie in baseball( wich they have done) so they play them! Therefore leaving me under the impression that they DONT think they can beat McCallie in football, which explains why they DONT play McCallie in football!!!! :D:lol:

MAKES ALOT OF SENSE TO ME!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actucally ooltewah does infact play mccallie in baseball! If they can play baseball against each other why not strap it up on the football field! Basically I think Ooltewah knows that they can beat mccallie in baseball( wich they have done) so they play them! Therefore leaving me under the impression that they DONT think they can beat McCallie in football, which explains why they DONT play McCallie in football!!!! :thumb::rolleyes:

MAKES ALOT OF SENSE TO ME!!

Why don't you get yourself a new football coach and then ask him if he will play

Ooltewah the next few years. I am SURE that you do not speak for anyone at

the McCallie athletic dept.

As for Ed Foster. He was on the board that made the decision to split public and

private. I am sure that if he makes a decision to play or not play a

private school he has alot of history to back up this decision.

As for Ooltewah not playing someone because they might get beat!!!

I have had several kids that played in the OHS program and I know they would

have loved to be able to play McCallie in every sport (Like they did in baseball)

They grew up playing with alot of the Mccallie players in football and baseball

and would have loved shutting people like you up by settling this on the field.

I am SURE you played alot of downs on the field at McCallie and are an

expert on the game of football or you might just be one of the frat boys that

sit in the stands in their kacky pants and tie and say they can beat everybody.

Makes alot of sense to me too!!!

I heard today that Ooltewah had McCallie planned to be put on the schedule for the next 2 years. Coaches went to Ed Foster and the idea was shut down. He is the reason Ooltewah won't play McCallie, so don't sit there and say Ooltewah is scared because they can't beat McCallie. Ooltewah beat McCallie in baseball last year. Not beat but slaughter.... They beat McCallie this year in wrestling. I'm sure being scared is not the reason for the 2 not to play. I wish the game would take place but it won't happen.... At least not while Foster is there.

I heard today that Ooltewah had McCallie planned to be put on the schedule for the next 2 years. Coaches went to Ed Foster and the idea was shut down. He is the reason Ooltewah won't play McCallie, so don't sit there and say Ooltewah is scared because they can't beat McCallie. Ooltewah beat McCallie in baseball last year. Not beat but slaughter.... They beat McCallie this year in wrestling. I'm sure being scared is not the reason for the 2 not to play. I wish the game would take place but it won't happen.... At least not while Foster is there.

Comparing apples to oranges when it comes to football and baseball.

If I had a big stick in my hands I could beat alot of folks. :D

Ooltewah vs. McCallie in Football Pro's & Con's

Pro’s:

1) Nice gate receipts and concessions

2) Some friends and families on both sides

3) Excellent competition (To be the best, play the best)

4) Out of Region, a loss won’t keep Ooltewah out of playoff’s

5) Sell newspaper and help promote HS football

6) Local travel

Con’s

1) Worried about loosing student or players to McCallie?

2) Worried about unbeaten streak?

It looks to me the Pro's outweigh the Con's!

If the School Athletic Club wanted it bad enough, they could voice their displeasure and make it happen.

Comparing apples to oranges when it comes to football and baseball.

If I had a big stick in my hands I could beat alot of folks. :D

I'm trying to prove a point that Ooltewah is not scared of McCallie. There is only one reason why Ooltewah won't play McCallie and his name is Ed Foster.

Private Schools:

- anybody can go to the school. ( no school zone ) ( recruiting goes on and if you think not you are crazy. Private schools have to recruit to bring kids to their schools)

- facilities are much much better

- able to hire better coaches. (public head coaches in Hamiliton County make and extra 20% percent of their teaching salary while your head made $90,000+ per year)(also Ooltewah can only have 2 paid assistant coaches)

- better weight programs with private schools (McCallie's weight coach is the University of Tennessee's ex weight coach.)

- more funding for private schools (do me a favor and go to Ooltewah and look at their coaching "office", weight room and locker room. Its probably one of the worst around the area.

These are the reasons why McCallie is in a different division than Ooltewah. This is why Ooltewah's principle doesn't play McCallie. Ooltewah coaches had everything set up but had to get the "OK" from the big man and obviously that didn't happen. Ooltewah still has only 9 games on their schedule and needs to find a 10th ASAP.

I'm just baffled that you guys actually think Ooltewah is scared of McCallie.

No one with common sense and maturity truly believes Ooltewah is afraid to play McCallie. In fact I'm certain they wouldn't hesitate one second stepping on the field with them and fans on both sides would enjoy seeing it happen. However some of your points are common misconceptions.

-anyone can go (you must meet entrance requirements and pay tuition somehow)

-I've always wondered what is recruiting (telling someone the reasons why you love your school in an effort to get them to attend) that happens at every school in every community

-facilities probably are better (does that make better teams)

-better coaches? (Ooltewah has one of the best ever in Tenn.)

-better weight programs? (nothing you cant get off the internet)

-weight rooms (McCallies 300 lb. bench doesnt make them any stronger than Ooltewahs 300 lb. bench)

Are there advantages to going to a McCallie? absolutely

Are they as drastic as some would have you beleive? absolutely not

Who would win this game? I'd love to find out, wouldn't you?

I'm trying to prove a point that Ooltewah is not scared of McCallie. There is only one reason why Ooltewah won't play McCallie and his name is Ed Foster.

Private Schools:

- anybody can go to the school. ( no school zone ) ( recruiting goes on and if you think not you are crazy. Private schools have to recruit to bring kids to their schools)

- facilities are much much better

- able to hire better coaches. (public head coaches in Hamiliton County make and extra 20% percent of their teaching salary while your head made $90,000+ per year)(also Ooltewah can only have 2 paid assistant coaches)

- better weight programs with private schools (McCallie's weight coach is the University of Tennessee's ex weight coach.)

- more funding for private schools (do me a favor and go to Ooltewah and look at their coaching "office", weight room and locker room. Its probably one of the worst around the area.

These are the reasons why McCallie is in a different division than Ooltewah. This is why Ooltewah's principle doesn't play McCallie. Ooltewah coaches had everything set up but had to get the "OK" from the big man and obviously that didn't happen. Ooltewah still has only 9 games on their schedule and needs to find a 10th ASAP.

I'm just baffled that you guys actually think Ooltewah is scared of McCallie.

I do not follow your argument. As I read your post, you are making a list of reasons why publics can not compete with McCallie and then say that you do not see why people say Ooltewah is scared to play them.

Edited by mtnrasslin

Why don't you get yourself a new football coach and then ask him if he will play

Ooltewah the next few years. I am SURE that you do not speak for anyone at

the McCallie athletic dept.

As for Ed Foster. He was on the board that made the decision to split public and

private. I am sure that if he makes a decision to play or not play a

private school he has alot of history to back up this decision.

As for Ooltewah not playing someone because they might get beat!!!

I have had several kids that played in the OHS program and I know they would

have loved to be able to play McCallie in every sport (Like they did in baseball)

They grew up playing with alot of the Mccallie players in football and baseball

and would have loved shutting people like you up by settling this on the field.

I am SURE you played alot of downs on the field at McCallie and are an

expert on the game of football or you might just be one of the frat boys that

sit in the stands in their kacky pants and tie and say they can beat everybody.

Makes alot of sense to me too!!!

It really makes me laugh at the fact that you think you know so much about a person! Now let me give you some info!I have talked to some OHS players such as Brain Marshall and Kwan Buccan, and also some of mccallie's players Reggie Poindexter and Walter Doizer! Your right both teams would love the chance to play each other! Because for as long as I can remeber people have been comparing these two teams as the best and personally i think its time we see who the BEST really is! ;)

But since McCallie is loosing a very talented group of seniors, i wouldnt be surprise if Ooltewah tried to play McCallie this year, only becuase they knew that next years team wouldnt be the usual McCallie Powerhouse! Thats just the kind of sportsmenship i would expect from Ooltewah, and since you know so much tell me if im wrong!Because McCallie already knows their good and they dont have anything to loose or prove, i think its Ooltewah that has something to prove, that they can infact play against private school teams and beat them! Personally i dont see why Ooltewah isnt blowing up McCallie's phone demanding that they play! :lol::lol: