• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1A Top 5 Predictions:

1. Trinity Christian Academy

2. Mount Pleasant

3. Gordonsville

4. Fayette Academy

5. Friendship Christian

:) Im ready to watch and see. How about you folks?

I can't wait for the season either... games every friday and in between those angry and arrogant fans (like myself) arguing that their team and region is the best... fun fun fun

I can't wait for the season either... games every friday and in between those angry and arrogant fans (like myself) arguing that their team and region is the best... fun fun fun

I hear you on that one. I won't get to see that 1A Action this year.... but you can bet I will follow it. I get to spend my time in 2A now. This will be an interesting year.

My 1A top five is as follows:

1. Friendship Christian School-they return many players from thier runner up squad from last season. They are the favorite until proven other wise. Only question mark will be their secondary. All of them were guys that had a lot of experience and will be hard to replace. However, they may have one of the best backfields in the state.

2. Gordonsville- they also return the majority of their players from their team last year. These returning players have alot of talent and experience. If they are going to make a chamiponship run, I believe this will be the team to do it with. They have a stud at qb in Smith and he has weapons. I am starting to question their coaching. I like Dillard and think he is a fine coach, but he has not won a big game since comming to Gordonsville.

3 South Pitt-They also return alot of quality football players with plenty of experience. We scrimmaged them at the end of spring and let me say, they are fast. These guys can run and they will give many quality football teams problems with their speed alone. Only question mark is thier leadership. I don't know this for myself, but many other posters have commented on this.

4. Mt. Plesant- They return the majority of their football team from last year. They have plenty of speed and Marco Daily at qb, need I say more. I do however, question their defense. Offense sell tickets and defense wins championships.

5. Hampton- I have noticed that you can't count out Hampton. They just seem to find a way to win and get into the semifinals. I believe they lack speed, but they make up for it with hard work and fundamentals. I think if they can find a passing attack, they can make a run at the gold. I am starting to question their defense also. I have only seen them play twice, both in the semifinals against TCHS in 05 and FCS last year and on both occasions they gave up alot of points.

Teams on the Bubble:

Coalfield-has to find a way to replace Davis, but they always have quality football teams.

Trousdale Co.- I believe we have to find some hungry playmakers. We are young and green, but will play hard. Had a good summer and spring and we will find a way to win.

Trinity Christian- I admit I don't know much about them, but other posters are believing the hype. It is only hype until proven otherwise.

Jo Byrns-Has a quality football team again this year. Has a good qb. Like other teams, they must find some playmakers on defense.

These are my picks. There are many quality football teams that I left out and I am sorry for that. Good luck to all teams. The season can't get here fast enough for me.

4. Mt. Plesant- They return the majority of their football team from last year. They have plenty of speed and Marco Daily at qb, need I say more. I do however, question their defense. Offense sell tickets and defense wins championships.

That defense had 6-8 sophmores either starting or putting in major playing time. Thats not counting a freshman safety that started. The defense was young and now has expierence, I think us Tiger fans are about to get those shutouts again that we were so use to in 2004. It has already started, they kept Eagleville out of the endzone the entire scrimmage this past spring. Saying that, they do have to prove it first, but I know they will.

Edited by MPHSTIGERS87

4. Mt. Plesant- They return the majority of their football team from last year. They have plenty of speed and Marco Daily at qb, need I say more. I do however, question their defense. Offense sell tickets and defense wins championships

That defense had 6-8 sophmores either starting or putting in major playing time. Thats not counting a freshman safety that started. The defense was young and now has expierence, I think us Tiger fans are about to get those shutouts again that we were so use to in 2004. It has already started, they kept Eagleville out of the endzone the entire scrimmage this past spring. Saying that, they do have to prove it first, but I know they will.

Eagleville isn't exactly a Gordonsvile or a TCA....