Franklins schedule

Red Rebel dude

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because a game between 2 teams are within the same city limits - I don't consider it a rivvalry game until 1 of those 2 teams wins one of the games in the 10 years of the game.

Franklin's rival is Brentwood based on their history. Eventually the FHS v CHS Battle of Franklin will become a rivarly - just not yet. Look at the local press coverage over the years - even they are tired of waiting for one to develop.

Thought Franklin was trying to schedule a Kentucky based team, how did that fall through?

Just because a game between 2 teams are within the same city limits - I don't consider it a rivvalry game until 1 of those 2 teams wins one of the games in the 10 years of the game.

Franklin's rival is Brentwood based on their history. Eventually the FHS v CHS Battle of Franklin will become a rivarly - just not yet. Look at the local press coverage over the years - even they are tired of waiting for one to develop.

Thought Franklin was trying to schedule a Kentucky based team, how did that fall through?

Just ask anyone at these two schools if there is a rivalry. Regardless of what the past scores may say, these two teams still want to demolish each other. That's like saying Oakland/Riverdale isn't a rivalry because Riverdale has dominated the series.

Don't get me wrong CHS2007 - I fully understand the Centennial perspective on this game. It gets bigger and more intense for them every year they loose. I lived the frustration fo the first 6 years as my two older sons played for CHS.

Next 3 years I had the advantage of sitting on the Franklin side with a son playing for FHS.

Last 2 years years while my daughter attended FHS I continued to follow this rivalry closely and can definitely tell you from the FHS side - yea they don't want to be the first team to loose to CHS, but from a Football rivalry standpoint - it would without a doubt be Brentwood due to the 6 2002 through 2004 season clashes of regular season and playoff clashes.

FHS - CHS rivalry in football is still waiting to develop from the FHS side. Win one and it would light a spark.

• 2 months later...