Top candidates for BA job

FBFan2001

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody in Maryville is surprised BA would go after Quarels. Forget his coaching succcess........ just spend a few hours with this man and you will realize how special he and his wife are.

It will not be easy to lure him away from Maryville. If GQ were unhappy at Maryville then I could see him leaving but I doubt money will take him to BA. Maryville is not a poor community and there are some heavy hitter grads from MHS that will be contributing to the success of GQ and family if he remains the coach. Just a few Maryville grads are Thunder Thorton....Lamar Alexander......and me. Actually I am a nickle and dimer but you get the idea...... ;):lol:

Nobody in Maryville is surprised BA would go after Quarels. Forget his coaching succcess........ just spend a few hours with this man and you will realize how special he and his wife are.

It will not be easy to lure him away from Maryville. If GQ were unhappy at Maryville then I could see him leaving but I doubt money will take him to BA. Maryville is not a poor community and there are some heavy hitter grads from MHS that will be contributing to the success of GQ and family if he remains the coach. Just a few Maryville grads are Thunder Thorton....Lamar Alexander......and me. Actually I am a nickle and dimer but you get the idea...... ;):lol:

I would think BA has quite a few more of the heavy hitters with bigger pocketbooks. If asked, they will no doubt dole out the dollars to keep the program on top.

I could see how Maryville Alum could give to the atheletic program to help with the facilities, as I know that John Thorton did, but to give to help finance a coaches salary? I don't know about that one. They are a public school, you know. What I see as the real determing factor, would be that BA is a Christian School, where prayer, bible study are part of the daily routine, and Christian classes are taught. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Just so everyone on here knows Rector never was considered for the BA job. He never interviewed nor was he ever contacted to be interviewed for the job. I am 100% certain of this.

I think he is a good coach, but BA had no interest in him.

The top 4 choices at BA now (and have been the same except for the coach from Texas that they offered a few weeks ago) are.....in no particular order

George Quarles

Ralph Potter

Jeff Rutledge

Brad Perry (current OC, alum of BA)

All 4 great Christian men and great football coaches. All the talk about Rector is untrue though. Should be interesting to see what happens.

Just so everyone on here knows Rector never was considered for the BA job. He never interviewed nor was he ever contacted to be interviewed for the job. I am 100% certain of this.

I think he is a good coach, but BA had no interest in him.

The top 4 choices at BA now (and have been the same except for the coach from Texas that they offered a few weeks ago) are.....in no particular order

George Quarles

Ralph Potter

Jeff Rutledge

Brad Perry (current OC, alum of BA)

All 4 great Christian men and great football coaches. All the talk about Rector is untrue though. Should be interesting to see what happens.

I respectfully disagree. I have heard from reliable sources that he was contacted and considered. Also, please refer to this interview. He "did not deny" that he had been contacted by BA. This isn't overwhelming evidence, but I am pretty certain that he was contacted and considered.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...p;news_id=53665

Your sources are not correct. I am going to tell you again I am 100% certain. I don't know how to tell you any better. I am not saying he shouldn't have been considered. But I know for a fact he never was called or considered. Ask Rector or Masters if they have ever talked about the BA job. The answer is no.

Your sources are not correct. I am going to tell you again I am 100% certain. I don't know how to tell you any better. I am not saying he shouldn't have been considered. But I know for a fact he never was called or considered. Ask Rector or Masters if they have ever talked about the BA job. The answer is no.

Excerpt from today's paper:

Nashville City Paper, December 18, 2006

"...Ravenwood Coach Brian Rector is also said to be high on the list."

Edited by Batts

Could it be that Jeff along with most people with 1/2 a brain hates working for the "G-MAN"

Who wants to put up with the "G-Mans" BS

The "G-Man" would have trouble finding a coachs if he didn't have the ability to pay his coaching staff more than other schools.

Who is the G - Man? I am trying to keep up with the BA happenings, I know every coach mentioned but not the G - Man.