IMAC Strong?

hessforprez

Caps you are correct about last night, the team really did not show up. Wiggins had to carry them which he did. There have been games this year where Wiggins was off and the rest of the team had to carry them. No one shot well last night (except Wiggins), Lance Bailey came off the bench and hustled and made some nice plays. Gash had a very bad night (considering the way he usually plays). Wiggins dunk was pretty awesome. If Greeneville wins tonight I personally dont think they have enough guns to beat Liberty Tech, they were pretty impressive. But as you know that is why they play the game, never know what might happen. As for the Hill, Wattad has improved his game since I last saw him. He is very solid, but I have a question. Why except for an occasional break is he ever out of the game??? Sure after the game was out of question last night I can see that but otherwise I dont really understand, is he hurting or coming off an injury or something of that nature? As it has been stated on Coach T somewhere about Greeneville this season, if they are shooting well as a team they will be hard to beat but if they are struggling with their shooting they will be hard pressed to beat a lot of teams they play.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing Greenville for the first time this year I was not surprised or impressed with any thing about that team but Wiggins. ONE MAN SHOW without question! Keep the ball out of his hands and that ship will sink FAST! Wiggins IS GOOD!! Great stroke, handles better than most guards, good hustle the whole game, and a defensive presence…but what position does he really play?? Almost 80% of his shots were from around the ark. NEVER saw him once catch the ball in the paint and score. But the dunk tonight was poster material :lol: !!! Best dunk so far. If Greenville can win a couple more games Wiggins may be your Tournament MVP. :lol:

Wiggins is a guard. and if you look at his stats, he only played 3/4 of the game. Subs played a full 8 minutes of this game...I listened to part of this one...did not make it out. Heard Enum had a pretty good run against Greeneville in the 4th to make it as close as it was...

I am surprised cap, that you don't have anything good to say about Greeneville's defense, they usually force a lot of turn-overs. I don't think they were hitting the boards well, though.

Free-throw percentage was a pretty decent 78%.

Talking about Science Hill, it doesn't appear that anyone on that team can score (aside from Wattad of course). Did everyone else have an off game or is it always the Omar Watttad show?

Omar shot the ball nearly 3 times more than anyone else on the court. His shooting percentage wasn't particularly better than anyone else's...he just took more shots.

You can say the same for Wiggins...if you shut down the inside, you gotta go to your outside man.

Edited by barb

Wiggins is a guard. and if you look at his stats, he only played 3/4 of the game. Subs played a full 8 minutes of this game...I listened to part of this one...did not make it out. Heard Enum had a pretty good run against Greeneville in the 4th to make it as close as it was...

I am surprised cap, that you don't have anything good to say about Greeneville's defense, they usually force a lot of turn-overs. I don't think they were hitting the boards well, though.

Free-throw percentage was a pretty decent 78%.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! Wiggins NEVER came out of the game! Not even when the team was up by more than 20 points in the second half. Greenville has NO right to talk about Science Hill and Omar after “the Wiggins show” last night. He scored OVER half of the entire teams points. I’m sorry to say but your coach knows better than to take Wiggins out of the game. Science Hill has players that can come in and give Omar a rest but obviously Greenville can’t say the same. And I think I need to remind everyone that Science hill starts THREE sophomores and THREE of the first four players off the bench are sophomores. So talk your trash now…without Wattad the Hilltoppers will still be at the top next year and the year after that…but guesses what’s the future looks like for Greenville without Wiggins. :lol: Everybody that watched the game last night knows what would have happened…even with a VERY POOR shooting team like Enumclaw if Wiggins came out of the game. You can argue all day long barb but from the outside looking in…Greenville is a one man show on both sides of the ball. Sure the others contribute but Wiggins is the only one making plays! Any scoring opportunity that Greenville had last night was created by Mr. Wiggins.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! Wiggins NEVER came out of the game! Not even when the team was up by more than 20 points in the second half. Greenville has NO right to talk about Science Hill and Omar after “the Wiggins show” last night. He scored OVER half of the entire teams points. I’m sorry to say but your coach knows better than to take Wiggins out of the game. Science Hill has players that can come in and give Omar a rest but obviously Greenville can’t say the same. And I think I need to remind everyone that Science hill starts THREE sophomores and THREE of the first four players off the bench are sophomores. So talk your trash now…without Wattad the Hilltoppers will still be at the top next year and the year after that…but guesses what’s the future looks like for Greenville without Wiggins. :D Everybody that watched the game last night knows what would have happened…even with a VERY POOR shooting team like Enumclaw if Wiggins came out of the game. You can argue all day long barb but from the outside looking in…Greenville is a one man show on both sides of the ball. Sure the others contribute but Wiggins is the only one making plays! Any scoring opportunity that Greenville had last night was created by Mr. Wiggins.

I'm not the one talking trash Cap...please point to something I said that was trash...I am offended that you would throw that accusation at me cap. I was listening to the broadcast with several minutes left in the 4th when Duncan subbed . Even the Arby's stat page only shows Wiggins with 24 minutes of playing time. Besides, if you knew a player was saving your team's hide you would want to keep him in as long as you could now wouldn't you.It would be pretty stupid coaching to take him out now wouldn't it...and Bill Duncan is a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. Wiggins and Wattad both saved their teams from embarrassment last night. Neither had any support. You have seen SH play more than you have seen Greeneville and vice-versa, but I haven't said 1 negative comment about the Toppers and you are the one trashing Greeneville.

Now then, lets get through this season before we start talking about next why don't we. I can understand why you ,being a Tennessee High fan, might be ready to concede the rest of this season, but the rest of the region still has a couple more games to play before we crown a champion. Greeneville will be returning Bailey and Gash next year and are getting good production off the bench from Pendleton and Epley. Throw the Quarles kid in and a couple of kids off the freshman squad and Greeneville looks to be OK next year. But I will be sure to save this post so we can compare notes this time next year :lol:

Wow Cap, why the bad attitude towards Greeneville? You have seen them play what one game this season and I agreed with you that Wiggins carried them last night. Yeah your go to player is supposed to carry a team. I even was bragging on Wattad. Yeah I know that most of the players for Science Hill are sophomores, I was there last year when the freshman team had a 30 point lead and still full court pressing like it was a 3 point game. That is their style of play and they are good at it. Wattad 8-16 from the floor - 2-2 from the line - 2-4 from the 3 point line total of 20 points. Wiggins 8-14 from the floor 9-14 from the line & 3-7 from the 3 point line total of 28 points. Why not give both of them their props and and say they are pretty good, their respective teams are better with them than without them. As for next year, well heck the 1972 Dolphins are still the only undefeated pro football team and I think they still will be after next season.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! Wiggins NEVER came out of the game! Not even when the team was up by more than 20 points in the second half. Greenville has NO right to talk about Science Hill and Omar after “the Wiggins show” last night. He scored OVER half of the entire teams points. I’m sorry to say but your coach knows better than to take Wiggins out of the game. Science Hill has players that can come in and give Omar a rest but obviously Greenville can’t say the same. And I think I need to remind everyone that Science hill starts THREE sophomores and THREE of the first four players off the bench are sophomores. So talk your trash now…without Wattad the Hilltoppers will still be at the top next year and the year after that…but guesses what’s the future looks like for Greenville without Wiggins. :lol: Everybody that watched the game last night knows what would have happened…even with a VERY POOR shooting team like Enumclaw if Wiggins came out of the game. You can argue all day long barb but from the outside looking in…Greenville is a one man show on both sides of the ball. Sure the others contribute but Wiggins is the only one making plays! Any scoring opportunity that Greenville had last night was created by Mr. Wiggins.

Oh yeah one more thing cap, Enumclaw actually had a higher shooting percentage from the field than Greeneville did...they also had more rebounds and assists. It was freethrows that sunk the young men from Washington. Bailey, Woods, and Ottinger were perfect from the line. Wiggins was 9-14.

Is it some kind of messed up Bristol math that makes 28 "OVER" half of 58. I mean down here in Greene County, half of 58 is 29. I might be on the outside looking in Cappy but I check the stats and do the math.