Can the new school in Cumberland Co. compete in reg.2 -3a

badblood

With AE, Fulton, and KC in this region, I doubt they will have much impact. Those 3 will finish 1, 2, and 3 most of the time. LA, Scott, Kingston, and AC will have very good teams from time to time also. In 2005, LA lost to the big 3 in the regular season then rolled through the playoffs to the championship. 1 or 2 of these others will be good each year so it will be very hard for Stone to even make the playoffs in the near future--IMO!

Scott's JV played them last season and all but the seniors played. Scott was up 12-0 with less than 2 minutes ran off the clock in the 1st quarter. Then they put in the freshmen and played a good game with them that ended with a 1 yard loss on the goalline that won stone the game like 28-24. The biggest advantage stone will have is that nobody knows about their schemes or anything like that. So only time will tell what happens.

Stone who? There's a new team coming to the region? I honestly did not know that. Will they be in Region 2-3A next season? I've never heard of this school, but if Scott County's JV team played them competitively, then they will NOT compete in this region, considering we had Scott blown out like halfway through the first quarter. The above poster who stated this is the Region of Champions is right and Stone Memorial will face the state's best in Fulton, and two of the best in Austin-East and Catholic. It would probably best suited for them to play in Region 1 with lowly Carter and friends. :lol: