EXPLICIT lyrics played on sound system @ BTW/Hamilton game

TraderB

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's crap. Coaches and school admins need to put their foot down and use some better judgement and a little common sense. Listening to that crap on personal music players is one thing,(bad judgement) but exposing grandparents, aunts/uncles, parents, and children to it is just plain bad judgement....PERIOD!

It's crap. Coaches and school admins need to put their foot down and use some better judgement and a little common sense. Listening to that crap on personal music players is one thing,(bad judgement) but exposing grandparents, aunts/uncles, parents, and children to it is just plain bad judgement....PERIOD!

classless but hey!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

I am white and i listen to everything, mainly rap though. :thumb:

I'm white too, and I listen to rap.....

Playing rap isn't the problem....It's that its unedited...that's what is the problem...I agree with SLEDGEHAMMER somewhat.....BUT they do have the right to play what they want as long as its clean.....Most schools play it, and most play the clean versions of the songs, and that is FINE....If your school plays it unedited...then something needs to be done about....

Well that remark just sounded a little racist. What makes a school a black school and a white school?? The name of the school?? I've been to private schools for some of our games and guess what, they play rap as well. Everybody is referring to memphis as thugs and yes there are some out there but I don't think you can point out memphis as a whole. Like one person said about Thad and Mo with 4.0 and going to G tech. Mitchell also had a kid on their team last year that had over a 4.0 and went to harvard. We played in Centralia Ill. last year and when they played their music it was the same thing, F this, F that, ###### it was terrible. Don't single out all of memphis saying they are thugs and taking a screw up from one school and putting the blame on everybody. I"m just confused on how a school is a white school or black school, please explain.

you want to make me break out in laughter pointless to this topic idiot,b h s coach get a clue.

Edited by sparta boy

Guest dare_2_dream

I'm white too, and I listen to rap.....

Playing rap isn't the problem....It's that its unedited...that's what is the problem...I agree with SLEDGEHAMMER somewhat.....BUT they do have the right to play what they want as long as its clean.....Most schools play it, and most play the clean versions of the songs, and that is FINE....If your school plays it unedited...then something needs to be done about....

Unedited music is nothing more than a few cuss words, words that these kids hear in the halls, at home, in practice, when they hang out with their friends. Whats the difference between them hearing it those places rather than music? I am not saying it is right, just asking.

Unedited music is nothing more than a few cuss words, words that these kids hear in the halls, at home, in practice, when they hang out with their friends. Whats the difference between them hearing it those places rather than music? I am not saying it is right, just asking.

I don't think there is a difference because everybody out in the crowd has heard the words too....Its not right, but there isn't a difference...

Guest dare_2_dream

I don't think there is a difference because everybody out in the crowd has heard the words too....Its not right, but there isn't a difference...

Exactly. Are we going to try to edit the words that people say in the crowd, at home, at work, in the mall, at McDonalds? I agree that its wrong to play this unedited music, but lets face it, this is 2006 and there arent many editted things left. Kids cuss now, young kids at that.

Guest dare_2_dream

The only difference in the music now and in the 70's or whenever u older guys grew up is the fact that now we talk about drugs and sex. In the 70's all they talked about was drugs. so on behalf of the 21st century. SORRY WE ARENT GAY!

they talked about sex too, they just werent so open and vulgar about it

Well that remark just sounded a little racist. What makes a school a black school and a white school?? The name of the school?? I've been to private schools for some of our games and guess what, they play rap as well. Everybody is referring to memphis as thugs and yes there are some out there but I don't think you can point out memphis as a whole. Like one person said about Thad and Mo with 4.0 and going to G tech. Mitchell also had a kid on their team last year that had over a 4.0 and went to harvard. We played in Centralia Ill. last year and when they played their music it was the same thing, F this, F that, ###### it was terrible. Don't single out all of memphis saying they are thugs and taking a screw up from one school and putting the blame on everybody. I"m just confused on how a school is a white school or black school, please explain.

Let me try and explain. When the school is 90% white or more it is a white school....same if the numbers are black. Anything less is a mixed school. Does this help you any? Hope that doesn't sound "racist"....homey.

Let me try and explain. When the school is 90% white or more it is a white school....same if the numbers are black. Anything less is a mixed school. Does this help you any? Hope that doesn't sound "racist"....homey.