EXPLICIT lyrics played on sound system @ BTW/Hamilton game

TraderB

Hamilton's School Monitor was the DJ/Game Announcer of the BTW vs Hamilton basketball game, Tuesday night 12.19.06. He played UNCUT rap music at EVERY break, in the boys game (I didn't attend the girls game...)!

If someone gave me a dime for every EXPLICIT lyric played, I'd be very wealthy. If someone game me a nickel for every time the word NIGG__R was played, I'd be a millionaire! If someone game me a penny for all the PROFANE lyrics played, I'd be a multi-millionaire!

It's absolutely DISGRACEFUL, DISGUSTING and downright DEPLORABLE that any school official would even dare think about playing that type of derrogatory music at a school/public function, let alone have the AUDACITY to actually impose those sort of OFFENSIVE and DEGRADING lyrics upon unsuspecting families and paying fans!

I expressed my concerns to the School Monitor and the Assistant Principal, after the game. I will be forwarding those concerns to the Principal, School Board and the Superintendent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm interested to know your thoughts on this issue.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hamilton's School Monitor was the DJ/Game Announcer of the BTW vs Hamilton basketball game, Tuesday night 12.19.06. He played UNCUT rap music at EVERY break, in the boys game (I didn't attend the girls game...)!

If someone gave me a dime for every EXPLICIT lyric played, I'd be very wealthy. If someone game me a nickel for every time the word NIGG__R was played, I'd be a millionaire! If someone game me a penny for all the PROFANE lyrics played, I'd be a multi-millionaire!

It's absolutely DISGRACEFUL, DISGUSTING and downright DEPLORABLE that any school official would even dare think about playing that type of derrogatory music at a school/public function, let alone have the AUDACITY to actually impose those sort of OFFENSIVE and DEGRADING lyrics upon unsuspecting families and paying fans!

I expressed my concerns to the School Monitor and the Assistant Principal, after the game. I will be forwarding those concerns to the Principal, School Board and the Superintendent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well in most cases, the Bball team handles its own warmup music and the administration just trusts them to choose appropriately. In this case, the team obviously disregarded this trust. A lot of times a school administrator isn't present so that could explain why the music wasn't stopped.

On a side note, welcome to 2006.

Well in most cases, the Bball team handles its own warmup music and the administration just trusts them to choose appropriately. In this case, the team obviously disregarded this trust. A lot of times a school administrator isn't present so that could explain why the music wasn't stopped.

On a side note, welcome to 2006.

The Assistant Principal was present the ENTIRE game. He stood against the wall, underneath the near basket, next to a Police Officer.

Sadly, the A.P. did or said absolutely nothing to the School Monitor/DJ about his Explicit music choices.

I would follow the chain of command. I don't think any music of that kind needs to played on school grounds.

Edited by bellgo

Welcome to 2006 and Memphis.

Yes sir, welcome to modern day turmoil where we are overseas fighting for peace, yet we promote violence and profanity to our youth who are going to grow up knowing how to do nothing but listen to rap and play X-box. I believe I'd trade modern day America (that God does not smile upon <_< ) for the days of peace where families got together and didn't need a TV or stereo with loud music to make them happy.