Will Sequatchie recover from 0-10 season?

Indians09

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I think the coach is a keeper. Maybe that will always assure us that we have a win.

bchswar, I have been reading your post for 2 months and have come to a conculsion. your a whiner and a blow hard :unsure: . You don't know sequatchie's coach or any of their players. Returning starters is always good. Your just mad because Hubert got the coaching job in Pikeville and not the guy you wanted. I think Sequatchie will be improved. they can't read into any negativity that people say on here or anywhere else. So lets let the kids prove it on the field. work hard guys listen to your coaches.

bratt, don't get your feelings hurt. I'm not mad or sour or upset that Mr Robertson got the job. I am simply upset that Bledsoe keeps expecting greatness but is not willing to sacrifice to achieve it. Don't be mad at your coach next year after another disappointing season where you lose again to us

Yeah I think the coach is a keeper. Maybe that will always assure us that we have a win.

As a moderator on this board I will say you are not supposed to bash coaches and players regardless of the school they are from I personally have never said anything bad or disrespectful about any of the players or coaches at Bledsoe Co. or any other school in my now seven years on this board.

So may I ask just what makes you think that Coach Armstrong at Sequatchie Co. is such a bad coach? I would not let what happend this past season be a reflection on how good of a coach he is or can be after all it was his first season as a head coach anywhere and only his 5th or 6th year in coaching. He and the team had to deal with a lot of things going in and throughout the season.

If you read my previous post on the thread the greatest coach in the world couldn't have won much better with what SCHS went through last season. It was the first time in a very long time that SCHS had a true rebuilding year. When your only returning All-Area player quits school and your HM All-State player has close to back to back 100 yrd receiving games and is then out for the next 7 games your hurting. I think had he not got injured they might haave won two or three games because he was a game changing player.

They had to start the season with a new QB who played wr & fs the previous year and do it learing a new system and only had a total of 13 Juniors & Seniors combined that makes it hard on any team.

Did you know that during most of the Bledsoe game the Indians Offensive line was being made up of 3 So. & 2 Fr.? Sequatchie was able to lay the ground work for the future of the next several years they had 23 Sophmores and 12 Freshmen on the team and msot all of them played a lot. They should also have another good class of freshmen next fall and probably add in a couple more transfers to the area (Dunlap & Sequatchie Co. is one of the quickest growing counties in the state.) Sequatchie had a couple of transfers last season one player was academicaly inegible from where he transfered from and the other a Jr. started at C & DE until he was injured hopefully he will be able to return to the team this fall.

I think they as others have said if everyone comes back and there is no distractions and injuries like this past season. I think a 6-4 record is not out of question maybe a 7-3 with some luck.

Edited by Sequatchie

I'm sorry that I hurt the coaches feelings, but the comment that polecat made about greatness. I expect greatness. Why would you want anything less. Oh, yeah I know since you yourself never achieved then why would you want anyone else to either. That way being mediocre is having status.

I'm sorry that I hurt the coaches feelings, but the comment that polecat made about greatness. I expect greatness. Why would you want anything less. Oh, yeah I know since you yourself never achieved then why would you want anyone else to either. That way being mediocre is having status.

Time to cut bait and go.

Good luck to you dude.

Polecat

I agree with Sequatchie, it has been a long time since I had a chance to even get on coachT but now I remember why I so often didn't like to read. BCHSWAR you drive me crazy. You must have been the person who never got a chance to play or maybe you never even played. Leave the coaches alone or get your dream job and shut up.

As a moderator on this board I will say you are not supposed to bash coaches and players regardless of the school they are from I personally have never said anything bad or disrespectful about any of the players or coaches at Bledsoe Co. or any other school in my now seven years on this board.

So may I ask just what makes you think that Coach Armstrong at Sequatchie Co. is such a bad coach? I would not let what happend this past season be a reflection on how good of a coach he is or can be after all it was his first season as a head coach anywhere and only his 5th or 6th year in coaching. He and the team had to deal with a lot of things going in and throughout the season.

If you read my previous post on the thread the greatest coach in the world couldn't have won much better with what SCHS went through last season. It was the first time in a very long time that SCHS had a true rebuilding year. When your only returning All-Area player quits school and your HM All-State player has close to back to back 100 yrd receiving games and is then out for the next 7 games your hurting. I think had he not got injured they might haave won two or three games because he was a game changing player.

They had to start the season with a new QB who played wr & fs the previous year and do it learing a new system and only had a total of 13 Juniors & Seniors combined that makes it hard on any team.

Did you know that during most of the Bledsoe game the Indians Offensive line was being made up of 3 So. & 2 Fr.? Sequatchie was able to lay the ground work for the future of the next several years they had 23 Sophmores and 12 Freshmen on the team and msot all of them played a lot. They should also have another good class of freshmen next fall and probably add in a couple more transfers to the area (Dunlap & Sequatchie Co. is one of the quickest growing counties in the state.) Sequatchie had a couple of transfers last season one player was academicaly inegible from where he transfered from and the other a Jr. started at C & DE until he was injured hopefully he will be able to return to the team this fall.

I think they as others have said if everyone comes back and there is no distractions and injuries like this past season. I think a 6-4 record is not out of question maybe a 7-3 with some luck.

One of the players changed schools, he didn't quit. He's playing basketball at another area school now the last I saw. The other wasn't just honorable mention, he made All-State. The point is that's four starting positions on a young team gone, five if you count kickoff and punt returner as another. You never know what you will get with new students. One last year was probably 6'3" 190 pounds, just an estimate, and a very good athlete who planned to play football and basketball. Basketball practice was just too much for him, he never played a game in either sport, and I think he already moved away again. The player this year would have helped on the line had his season not been cut short. Another this year had pretty good size, probably 5'11", 220, another estimate, but lasted only a couple of practices. They've also had two linemen move to other cities and I'm guessing both would have started, one of the offensive side and one on defense. The line was really hurt hard with youth, injuries, and players moving, that hurt the running game, then hurt with time of possession and teams getting more chances to score. Even a couple of freshmen that saw major playing time in the line missed playing time, one with illness, one with an injury for a week or two. On top of that, two older players that could have helped quit, one a junior at about 6'3" 230 and one a senior at about 6'2" 210. That's around five or six linemen who may have either started or at least might have supplied some depth, any team would have trouble overcoming that.

Edited by Indian

Sequatchie will be much improved next fall with all the returning starters they have coming back and the playing time other seen. Sequatchie will benifit from the experiance. 0-10 has been on evry players thought since entering the weight room the week after season ended. The palyers strength is improving big and 40 times are way up. I think 0-10 was just the motivation that Sequatchie needed to turn back into a solid program. Everyone saw the improvement through through the year and with the work that they are doing in the weight room this off season expect big things from sequatchie next year. May not win them all but you will be suprised.

I wish them nothing but the best. Good Luck to the Indians. They will be improved but I think this coming year to expect 7 wins is still a little much. They will definately be better though. It has been since Mackersie the last time Sequatchie has won at least 6. Remember small steps equal big gains. It all doesn't happen overnight.