SHHS v DB

BroadwayBaller

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can sugar coat it any way you want. What do you mean by saying "compete on the state level"? You know you mean that teams from here should be able to win a state title on any given year. Pitts did win. But he couldn't win any given year. He had much more talent then than the SH teams have this year. The only sport of the three majors (baseball, boys basketball, and football) that a team from "up here" has a chance to win on any given year is baseball. Football and basketball are very rarely ever going to be won from "up here". I don't care if Phil Jackson and Vince Lombardi are coaching the teams. Still don't care what you say.

I think maybe you should take more time before replying to my post. At least put forth a desent argument instead of this "make believe world" your living in. If you don't care what I say then stop replying to my post. Mo-Ron of the year.

It could be for you also. Especially if Rankin gets it. That means t minus three years and counting. :blink: But, my gut tells me that you feel like Rankin won't get it. You would have never put yourself out on a limb like that. You don't have enough uh, cough cough. ;)

What you feel in your gut is to much proteen intake. That could be the cause of that cough also.

Tomorrow will show if you are a hero or a "Big 0" ;)

Im not the one on the limb here, but given the way you think, I could see how you would think that.

Ever here of a guy named George Pitts? The last good coach this area had. Period!

So ytour telling me that Charlie Morgan is doing a good coaching job this year?

Tony Vaughn? He sure has backed up last years job. Which tells me that maybe last year was a "flash in the pan" I say he'll never have a year as good as last year. Did Central go to state last year? I can't remember.

As far as Central and Tony Vaughn, we were 10-8 through our first 18 games last year. We are 11-7 this year. We have won 5 out our last 6 without our leading scorer, Wes Baker (20 pts). He may be back next week. Pitts no doubt was the best HS coach in this area. I believe with the talent at SH, they could compete in the state this year and the next 2 years, but not with their current coach. Because a school doesn't win a state, it is not all coaching. I don't know how long you have been a DB fan, but the legend and truly a great man (Buck Van Huss) never won a state at DB. I am just glad you weren't around when he was coaching or you would have wanted to get rid of him also.

As far as Central and Tony Vaughn, we were 10-8 through our first 18 games last year. We are 11-7 this year. We have won 5 out our last 6 without our leading scorer, Wes Baker (20 pts). He may be back next week. Pitts no doubt was the best HS coach in this area. I believe with the talent at SH, they could compete in the state this year and the next 2 years, but not with their current coach. Because a school doesn't win a state, it is not all coaching. I don't know how long you have been a DB fan, but the legend and truly a great man (Buck Van Huss) never won a state at DB. I am just glad you weren't around when he was coaching or you would have wanted to get rid of him also.

Surrounded by Idiots.

Can you show me where I said you had to win a state championship to be a good coach? Im talking about being compedtive with the rest of the state. Going to the state tournment and actually winning a game or two, instead of getting blown out every year. Has Central beat any good teams outside of Northeast Tn.? Van Huss made more trips to the State Tournment when he was at DB than any other coach in the state. And his teams always made a good showing when they were there. He never won the state but he had everyones respect. In those days the benchmark was to play in the state tournment. Now the benchmark is to win the big 9 or beat Science Hill. George Pitts was the last good coach this area had. There are no good coaches in this area now.The jury is still out on the Greenville coach. If he does well in the tourney (or even makes it) I would probably say he's a pretty good coach.

You actually made my point for me with your comments about Pitts and the current SH coach. So your not a complete Idiot. (just kidding)

Looks like Waco is not the only one that disagrees with that 90% of the states talent is in the Memphis area. But hey...it just a poll huh? :(

1. GREENVILLE 106

2.WHITES CREEK 96

3.RALEIGH-EGYPT 93

4.OAKLAND 92

5.ANTIOCH 73

6.RIVERDALE 51

7.BRADLEY CENTRAL 44

8.MEMPHIS CENTRAL 39

9.LAVERGNE 32

10.CLARKSVILLE 31

Who was ranked #1 in football most of this year? :(

Who was ranked #1 in football most of this year? :(

It wasn't Smyrna....I think they won it all didn't they?

That why I put in there it was just a poll....obviously they didn't check with you Vowlman prior to releasing this poll...you could have told them it was wrong since you are in the "know" and could have told them there are no D-1A prospects "up here"...Oh the Wiggins kid plays for Greeneville....and the Wattad kid plays for Science Hill...see you could have told em :(

Surrounded by Idiots.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You don't have a clue about sports and in particular coaching. D-B has 3 of the best coaches in the state in Ritz, Clark and Morgan. Ritz won the state at North, Clark would have won a state if he had taken the job that was offered to him a few years ago, and didn't Morgan win a state in Salem? Not positive about that. Just because you don't win a state at D-B doesn't mean you can't coach. Did you ever even play any high school ball? I'm betting the farthest you ever got in sports was playing at the Boys Club in Kingsport when you were about 10 years old. Be honest. I'm right aren't I?

Surrounded by Idiots.

Maybe people would take your posts more serious if you didn't call everybody who disagrees with you idiots or morons.

I could also see your point about the high school coaches if the AAU teams in this area competed better in the states. But they don't, they usually get beat by the Memphis teams as well.

I think you said in an earlier post that NE TN doesn't compete well with teams from Knoxville, Chatt, or Nashville. The teams in this area seem to play well against those teams. I know when Central went to UTC this summer they hardly lost a game. It is the Memphis teams that blow NE TN (and usually the other areas of the state) out, and unfortunately if a NE TN team makes it to the state they will always have to play a Memphis team first round because that is how they draw the brackets out.

It wasn't Smyrna....I think they won it all didn't they?

That why I put in there it was just a poll....obviously they didn't check with you Vowlman prior to releasing this poll...you could have told them it was wrong since you are in the "know" and could have told them there are no D-1A prospects "up here"...Oh the Wiggins kid plays for Greeneville....and the Wattad kid plays for Science Hill...see you could have told em :(

Polls mean nothing. When the end of the year rolls around and the scholarships are handed out, you'll see where all this state's basketball talent is. I believe moronandgrey and wacko are the same person. :(

Yea i heard they were changing their names, The Greeneville Transfer Devils. What color would their mascot be?

Over Duncan's tenure (now in his 7th season at Greeneville) these are the transfers - Wiggins - contrary to popular belief, this kid fell into Greeneville's lap as his folks wanted to get out of the area they were living. Murner, who was here all of one year before his dad got a better job back in FL where they were originally from (you would think that if a coach recruited a kid from FL, he could keep him for more than his sophmore year). Boone, whose dad took the job as Tusculum's head coach (now there is recruting job - get the kid's dad a job as the head basketball coach at the local college - for those of your geographically challenged, most of those who work at Tusculum College live in Greeneville) and Woods, a 5' 8" guard who doesn't shoot well from Newport who sat out last year and is now playing his senior year. You are right, they are the transfer Devils - kind of makes you wonder how they are not on probation with all the illegal activity.

Polls mean nothing. When the end of the year rolls around and the scholarships are handed out, you'll see where all this state's basketball talent is. I believe moronandgrey and wacko are the same person. :(

Let me see now, are you saying there is no talent in Northeast Tn.?

I believe......No wait, I know Mo-RonScott and Monica Lewenski are the same person.