Will Greeneville Coast to the State?

IMACJack

Dont know about the rest of the state but Wiggins is the best all around player in the East. He is simply too tough for the East and dont know if there is any player that has his all around ability or could match up with him?Oglesby can shoot with the best ,but is one dimensional. I expect Greeneville to dominate not just the regular season as they are 19-1 but also the regionals and sub state. After all who in the East can stop them em?

Edited by IMACJack

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greeneville does have a good team this year. While Wiggins is the key to their success, Gash and Anderson need to play well for them to continue to win. I think that Greeneville easily takes the IMAC this year (although no-one should overlook Cherokee-They can be a lot tougher than most people realize) and then they should win the region, but past that its a toss-up in my opinion. Once they get to sub-state they are all gonna have to step it up if they want to win. A mediocre performance won't cut it at that level. It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds. I am sure Coach Duncan will have them ready for whoever comes there way, and if they do lose, I really don't see it being by more than 6 or 8 points.

Greeneville does have a good team this year. While Wiggins is the key to their success, Gash and Anderson need to play well for them to continue to win. I think that Greeneville easily takes the IMAC this year (although no-one should overlook Cherokee-They can be a lot tougher than most people realize) and then they should win the region, but past that its a toss-up in my opinion. Once they get to sub-state they are all gonna have to step it up if they want to win. A mediocre performance won't cut it at that level. It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds. I am sure Coach Duncan will have them ready for whoever comes there way, and if they do lose, I really don't see it being by more than 6 or 8 points.

Greenville will coast to the Sectionals but that may be it. Also didn't Cherokee get drilled by a very bad South team last night?

While I will agree that young Mr Wiggins may be NE TN best player,l

I am not quite ready to pack my bags for the 'Boro. Regional rival Science Hill with the talented Mr Wattad will definitely want to spoil our trip and Region 2 has a couple of teams that could stand in the way as well. The team is still a bit inconsistant for that kind of prediction, particularly Gash.

Dont know about the rest of the state but Wiggins is the best all around player in the East. He is simply too tough for the East and dont know if there is any player that has his all around ability or could match up with him?Oglesby can shoot with the best ,but is one dimensional. I expect Greeneville to dominate not just the regular season as they are 19-1 but also the regionals and sub state. After all who in the East can stop them em?

Oak Ridge, Maryville, Halls, Farragut and Powell can give Greenville a game. I have not seen them play this winter, but I did see them play in some camps this summer. While they are very good, I don't think they are dominate.

Oak Ridge, Maryville, Halls, Farragut and Powell can give Greenville a game. I have not seen them play this winter, but I did see them play in some camps this summer. While they are very good, I don't think they are dominate.

Greeneville isn't going to "coast" anywhere...Wiggins is special, Gash is a talented at point but the fact is that this is a bunch of scrappy kids who win with effort, especially on the defensive end. Any night they do not shoot well, most teams can play with them - Boone and Cherokee were games they could have lost, M'town West was in the lead at the end of the 3rd quarter. That being said, with their defensive effort, they will be in every game, regardless of who they play...but the word "coast" is not a word that should be used regarding this team.

Edited by roundballjunkie

Wiggins is a very good player, no doubt!

Lets look at Oglesby for a min> He set the BCHS scoring record a few weeks back with 57 points. He only had three 3' in that game. Was 30-33 from the line, several steals and who knows how many assits. People tend to charactrize him as a shooter only which is just not true. I have not seen anyone so far this season that can pass as well as he can, he has incredible court awareness.

Wiggins is a very good player, no doubt!

Lets look at Oglesby for a min> He set the BCHS scoring record a few weeks back with 57 points. He only had three 3' in that game. Was 30-33 from the line, several steals and who knows how many assits. People tend to charactrize him as a shooter only which is just not true. I have not seen anyone so far this season that can pass as well as he can, he has incredible court awareness.

He shot 33 foul shots? Were there any opposing players left in the game at the end or had they all fouled out? He is an amazing talent but seeing him head-to-head with Wiggins,(ok head to chin) Wiggins is the more rounded player.

He shot 33 foul shots? Were there any opposing players left in the game at the end or had they all fouled out? He is an amazing talent but seeing him head-to-head with Wiggins,(ok head to chin) Wiggins is the more rounded player.

I would like to see all three, Wiggins Wattad and Ogelsby be successful in DI basketball. I would also Like to see both Wiggins and Wattad lead Greeneville and SHHS to the State via the substate game. One win at home, one win on the road. Both teams need to play better to close out district, and district tourneys. Then they can head on a colision course to a regional championship matchup. If it all plays out, both teams could be in a substate game, either at home or in region 2, and both teams could win and go to state. Or they could just as well screw up in district tourneys, and matchup a round too soon like they did last year... and sadly one of them would go home without that chance to play in the state tourney. Still alot of basketball but I hope they BOTH make the state this year.. looks good on our region.