Cloudland @ Hampton

foreveranole

This game was another worth paying to see. Every game in this district seems to be worth the price this year. I've been complaining about the refs for quite a while now, and now more seem to be coming to my conclusion: they're idiots. Stuff was missed ALL OVER the place last night, and sometimes it seemed a call was made just to show they could call something. In spite of that, the game was memorable, with lots of emotion, and well-played defense. Cloudland has a lot of desire, and I knew Hampton wouldn't win easily, and I was right. The crowd turn-out was amazing for both sides, and it was great to see that many people in VanHuss-White Gym again, it was like old times in there. I'm very sure both teams will get a few more shots at each other in the tourneys, and I'm astounded at the eveness of this district. On any given night someone can knock ayone off. I know that's an old cliche, but this year it's true.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game was another worth paying to see. Every game in this district seems to be worth the price this year. I've been complaining about the refs for quite a while now, and now more seem to be coming to my conclusion: they're idiots. Stuff was missed ALL OVER the place last night, and sometimes it seemed a call was made just to show they could call something. In spite of that, the game was memorable, with lots of emotion, and well-played defense. Cloudland has a lot of desire, and I knew Hampton wouldn't win easily, and I was right. The crowd turn-out was amazing for both sides, and it was great to see that many people in VanHuss-White Gym again, it was like old times in there. I'm very sure both teams will get a few more shots at each other in the tourneys, and I'm astounded at the eveness of this district. On any given night someone can knock ayone off. I know that's an old cliche, but this year it's true.

good post dawgfan could have not said it any better. although me being a Lander fan I hope for a win we play yall @ our house . Like you said though we will meet more than twice this . And it could go either way . The fans were great help both ways. Games like that is what its all about even though my team didnt win. Now we got to get ready for the Rangers on Tuesday and yall University High. LOL

I can't believe no one is talking about this one. :huh: Where are the Hampton blabber mouths from the football boards? Am I going to have to get mean to get you all on here? :lol:

They are probably like me and could care less about the Boys Basketball Team, everyone seems to be more upbeat about the unbelievable improvement of the girls program. Until the coaching situation clears up the interest will stay the same. i thought the Highlanders would win the game, Hampton tried to give it to them but they blew their chances as well.

They are probably like me and could care less about the Boys Basketball Team, everyone seems to be more upbeat about the unbelievable improvement of the girls program. Until the coaching situation clears up the interest will stay the same. i thought the Highlanders would win the game, Hampton tried to give it to them but they blew their chances as well.

What situation. I thought everyone liked Mclain and Thought he done a good job. Is that the coach your talking about.

Krispy Kreme Karl has to agree with Dog4Life. Down here in Red Boiling Springs, our Bulldogs hear lots about Dog4Life and Slick Pujo's Blue Bulldogs. Krispy Kreme Karl hears that new coach Tolley is doing a great job with a team that lost a ton of its scoring from a year ago. Krispy Kreme Karl has also heard that there has been a lot going on inside Dog4Life's boys program involving mobile phones, but I'm not at liberty to say.

Edited by KrispyKremeKarl

Krispy Kreme Karl has to agree with Dog4Life. Down here in Red Boiling Springs, our Bulldogs hear lots about Dog4Life and Slick Pujo's Blue Bulldogs. Krispy Kreme Karl hears that new coach Tolley is doing a great job with a team that lost a ton of its scoring from a year ago. Krispy Kreme Karl has also heard that there has been a lot going on inside Dog4Life's boys program involving mobile phones, but I'm not at liberty to say.

It could be dirty laundry. My mamma always used to get out those hard to get stains with shout. Maybe someone will shout it out. :rolleyes:

It could be dirty laundry. My mamma always used to get out those hard to get stains with shout. Maybe someone will shout it out. :D

Well let's see - mobile phones can lead to text messaging and that can lead to lots of other things. Funny how things get sweap under the rug when higher ups that are family have power. Don't want to air too much dirty laundry. B)B)

LOL...Fulmer looks happy

I think most sport fans at Hampton have historically been HUGE basketball fans. Basketball is the sport the school made its name in, and most of the longer-term fans still prefer basketball. However, the coaching in the past 10 years or so has been stagnant to say the least. The girls have made huge strides this year, and Leon Tolley is an amazing coach in my opinion, and I would love to see him take hold of the talent on the boys team. Coach McClain has had a difficult run as head coach, picking up the wreckage of the team after Buddy Hazelwood left, and dealing with having all his best players playing on the ultra-successful football team and not playing basketball until 2-3 weeks into the season. As for the game with Cloudland, NOBODY is going to blow ANYBODY out in this district. Cloudland showed a lot of heart to come back like they did, and Hampton showed toughness in not folding up when challenged. Cloudland didn't play well early (thanks go to the Hampton defense), and Hampton didn't play well in the fourth until it realy mattered. As for the coaching rumors, I've heard several disturbing stories, and I'll bide my time to see the truth of them. I hope they're baseless, but if what is being whispered about is true, it wouldn't be the first time it's happened at any school. We'll just wait nad see. In the meantime, we still have this season to finish out, and the conference title could wind up being being a three- or four-way split this year. There is just such parity in this league this year, it's amazing.

Well let's see - mobile phones can lead to text messaging and that can lead to lots of other things. Funny how things get sweap under the rug when higher ups that are family have power. Don't want to air too much dirty laundry. :lol::lol:

Krispy Kreme Karl went to college at Milligan and has friends from Hampton. Krispy Kreme Karl hears the scoop from that neck of the woods. Krispy Kreme Karl heard that a lot of stuff has been swept under the rug and the community is in the know and the wrongdoers know it. Krispy Kreme Karl thinks the person in question should resign for the rest of the season whether its true or not. Krispy Kreme Karl has no say, but wishes the folks of Hampton luck. Krispy Kreme Karl is going to cheer his Red Boiling Springs Lady Bulldogs as they try for a State Title. Krispy Kreme Karl is hungry. Krispy Kreme Karl is going to eat some more donuts.

Edited by KrispyKremeKarl

You are so right Karl. One would think that the same rules apply for all but that is not the case in Hampton. The team and community would be better off without him. There was an Aide in another part of the county who did LESS and was just put on administrative leave. Go figure.

Funny how that happens. Most will probably never know that this was just about to be brought to the public's attention and was then mysteriously silenced. Money Talks!!! :)