Marion sportsmanship

goldmom

As a Grundy parent I would like to commend Marion on their sportsmanship tonight. The community of Marion county has a fine coach and some very fine girls. They did not have to let our very special girl play/shoot but they did and they made her truely feel like a part of the team. She is a total sweetheart and they helped to make her feel special. Be proud of your Marion team.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(goldmom @ Jan 12 2007 - 09:49 PM) 826330130[/snapback]

As a Grundy parent I would like to commend Marion on their sportsmanship tonight. The community of Marion county has a fine coach and some very fine girls. They did not have to let our very special girl play/shoot but they did and they made her truely feel like a part of the team. She is a total sweetheart and they helped to make her feel special. Be proud of your Marion team.

I watched her play in girls jv game back in November or December when Bledsoe was at Grundy and she shot but didn't score.....Did she score tonight?

QUOTE(Bledsoebtheboys @ Jan 12 2007 - 11:36 PM) 826330315[/snapback]

I watched her play in girls jv game back in November or December when Bledsoe was at Grundy and she shot but didn't score.....Did she score tonight?

Marion was very good to her they let her shot. She had 10 points.

Well the coach gave all the praise to the girls. When I talked to him after the game and said thanks he said that it was all the girls. He never said anything to them and they just took it on themselves to do the right thing.

It was one of those moments that causes old men to wipe tears from their eyes.

Hats off to the Lady Warriors. And hats off to the Grundy coaches and team for understanding what it takes to make a difference in a young lady's life.

DL.

Sam is a special needs child who loves basketball. She was the water girl last year. The coaches for Grundy decide to dress her out and allow her to play. Late in the game last night Grundy subs her in every play the girls would throw her the ball hoping she would score. Marion seeing this steps back and lets her shoot. Even after she scores her first time they continue to let her shoot. Those Girls could have stepped up and blocked the shots but they didnt. It seemed to mean as much to the other team for her to score as it did us. My hat is off to these girls they have as much class as anyone i have ever saw in girl bball.

QUOTE(goldmom @ Jan 13 2007 - 05:03 PM) 826330952[/snapback]

Sam is a special needs child who loves basketball. She was the water girl last year. The coaches for Grundy decide to dress her out and allow her to play. Late in the game last night Grundy subs her in every play the girls would throw her the ball hoping she would score. Marion seeing this steps back and lets her shoot. Even after she scores her first time they continue to let her shoot. Those Girls could have stepped up and blocked the shots but they didnt. It seemed to mean as much to the other team for her to score as it did us. My hat is off to these girls they have as much class as anyone i have ever saw in girl bball.

That is a class act by both schools. I have lots of respect for both schools

My daughter plays for Marion and could have blocked the first shot, and to be honest I was a little mixed, but I could not help but feel proud when she let her shoot and that she scored!!

After the game I asked my daughter did the Coach tell you guys to do that? She said;(with a one of those looks on her face) "NO!! I couldn't do that to her. That wouldn't be right." I smiled at her and gave her a hug and told her she had made me the proudest dad!!

QUOTE(KevTN @ Jan 13 2007 - 08:12 PM) 826331133[/snapback]

My daughter plays for Marion and could have blocked the first shot, and to be honest I was a little mixed, but I could not help but feel proud when she let her shoot and that she scored!!

After the game I asked my daughter did the Coach tell you guys to do that? She said;(with a one of those looks on her face) "NO!! I couldn't do that to her. That wouldn't be right." I smiled at her and gave her a hug and told her she had made me the proudest dad!!

I have a very dumb question to ask because I wasn't there. This was obviously a game that was already decided, right? That was a very heart warming thing to do by those girls. Two thumbs up.

Hats off to Marion...one of the classiest things I've heard in some time. You guys can't imagine how much that moment will mean to this young lady...I know her well and can't wait to hear her description of the night's events...

Marion...your school and community should be very proud. Especially given the history and the well known Grundy/Marion rivalry... A real rivalry is all about playing hard...playing fair...and doing what's right...and you did...

Sometimes a small gesture can make a HUGE difference.

Thanks from a Grundy fan.