Knoxville Webb at Greenville

basketballfan2003

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(basketballfan2003 @ Jan 14 2007 - 12:13 AM) 826331360[/snapback]

Seems some fans earlier said that was just her style of play and were not fouls.

I was at the game, and yes I believe it is Glory's style of play that got her in some foul trouble. Glory Johnson is an extemely aggressive player. More aggressive than 99.999% of girls basketball players at the high school level. She plays such a fast paced style of basketball that she almost doesn't "fit" in a high school basketball environment. Put her on the floor playing for the lady vols or the florida gators and you will see her playing that same style of play in an environment that matches her game. I will give credit where credit is due...Greeneville girls played great defense all night long and did what they had to do to stop Glory and the Dupree girl, but I still think that some of the calls went against her because of the differences in the level of basketball she plays on, and that of the rest of the girls on the floor. congrats to greeneville tho for a job well done...

QUOTE(basketballfan2003 @ Jan 13 2007 - 11:03 PM) 826331263[/snapback]

Greeneville wins 39-34 at home against Knoxville Webb. Anyone see this game or thoughts?

I saw it...I hope the Greeneville coaching staff did and took notes. The Collins kid comes off the bench for Greeneville (scores 14, rebounds, has a couple of clean blocks on Johnson and candidly, was the only one not intimidated at the start of the game) and gets playing time. It's beyond not having a clue that her playing time has been limited so far this season. We will see what the rest of the year holds - I would not hold my breath on the coaching staff being perceptive.

QUOTE(utvols1 @ Jan 14 2007 - 01:41 AM) 826331408[/snapback]

I was at the game, and yes I believe it is Glory's style of play that got her in some foul trouble. Glory Johnson is an extemely aggressive player. More aggressive than 99.999% of girls basketball players at the high school level. She plays such a fast paced style of basketball that she almost doesn't "fit" in a high school basketball environment. Put her on the floor playing for the lady vols or the florida gators and you will see her playing that same style of play in an environment that matches her game. I will give credit where credit is due...Greeneville girls played great defense all night long and did what they had to do to stop Glory and the Dupree girl, but I still think that some of the calls went against her because of the differences in the level of basketball she plays on, and that of the rest of the girls on the floor. congrats to greeneville tho for a job well done...

Can you explain your thoughts on how the calls went against her because of her higher level of basketball skills. I was at the game also, I feel she needs to develope a mid-range jump shot. This way she can pull up off the dribble and drain a shot from 8-15 ft. Instead of running over the defenders. Anyone else have any thoughts?

QUOTE(roundballjunkie @ Jan 15 2007 - 08:53 PM) 826333051[/snapback]

I saw it...I hope the Greeneville coaching staff did and took notes. The Collins kid comes off the bench for Greeneville (scores 14, rebounds, has a couple of clean blocks on Johnson and candidly, was the only one not intimidated at the start of the game) and gets playing time. It's beyond not having a clue that her playing time has been limited so far this season. We will see what the rest of the year holds - I would not hold my breath on the coaching staff being perceptive.

If anyone has followed Greene Devil Basketball, they would know why Collins hasn't gotten as much playing time. She has been given many chances. Most nights she is all thumbs and cannot catch the ball. Unfortunately for her, she is not allowed as many turnovers as some of the other players on the team are allowed to make. I am glad she had a great game and hope to see her continue to improve and get more playing time. Greeneville could really use her to step up to the plate and help on this long streatch home.

QUOTE(chatterbox @ Jan 15 2007 - 11:28 PM) 826333301[/snapback]

If anyone has followed Greene Devil Basketball, they would know why Collins hasn't gotten as much playing time. She has been given many chances. Most nights she is all thumbs and cannot catch the ball. Unfortunately for her, she is not allowed as many turnovers as some of the other players on the team are allowed to make. I am glad she had a great game and hope to see her continue to improve and get more playing time. Greeneville could really use her to step up to the plate and help on this long streatch home.

Ok chatterbox...answer this one. Even if she does turn the ball over some who doesnt for Greeneville? Whitney Carter is probably about -5 on her assist/turnover ratio. And plus HAVE YOU EVER SEEN MORGAN LAMONS PLAY? SHE IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE WORST STARTER OF ANY OUT OF THE TOP TEN TEAMS IN AAA. SO WHO SHOULD PLAY RACHEL COLLINS OR MORGAN LAMONS? NO BRAINER THERE.

QUOTE(orange~is~tradition @ Jan 16 2007 - 11:24 AM) 826333658[/snapback]

Ok chatterbox...answer this one. Even if she does turn the ball over some who doesnt for Greeneville? Whitney Carter is probably about -5 on her assist/turnover ratio. And plus HAVE YOU EVER SEEN MORGAN LAMONS PLAY? SHE IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE WORST STARTER OF ANY OUT OF THE TOP TEN TEAMS IN AAA. SO WHO SHOULD PLAY RACHEL COLLINS OR MORGAN LAMONS? NO BRAINER THERE.

Good question, but not a no brainer....the 5th position is weak at GHS this year. I guess it depends on who is getting the job done on any given night.

Putting that aside, making that STRONG of harsh comments over this network, I think is intended to hurt the kids that read this stuff. Being more suttle can still get the point across without being so demeaning and revengeful.

QUOTE(orange~is~tradition @ Jan 16 2007 - 11:24 AM) 826333658[/snapback]

Ok Orange, I was probably out of line too for the network. I guess the caps locks is what made it sound so harsh.