Science Hill Football Questions?

toppertownfan

Did I read that Coach Smith was not going to be teaching any classes? If correct, how well will the faculty @ SHHS accept Smith? It was my understanding, teaching was a problem @ Independence. I assume if it is correct, Smith had better win BIG & WIN NOW!

Bless his ever loving HEART, good luck Coach Smith.

Is Smith allowed to hire/bring any assistant football coaches with him?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(toppertownfan @ Jan 14 2007 - 01:34 PM) 826331592[/snapback]

Did I read that Coach Smith was not going to be teaching any classes? If correct, how well will the faculty @ SHHS accept Smith? It was my understanding, teaching was a problem @ Independence. I assume if it is correct, Smith had better win BIG & WIN NOW!

Bless his ever loving HEART, good luck Coach Smith.

Is Smith allowed to hire/bring any assistant football coaches with him?

I don't know yet what Smith's situation, concerning teaching classes or not, but I do know Paul Overbay will be retained as the defensive coordinator. Once Smith gets here Feb. 12, I should know more.

Things have been relatively quiet since the hiring of Smith on The Hill.

QUOTE(bigchief @ Jan 16 2007 - 08:23 AM) 826333453[/snapback]

There you go talking in the third person again. Ask Dickey for some English lessons before you leave town, SS.

Could it be that this coach is a little on the Schizophrenic side? Going back and reading some of his post, sometimes he's Scott Smith, and sometimes he's this other person that know's Scott Smith. Really weird.

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Jan 16 2007 - 08:58 AM) 826333474[/snapback]

Could it be that this coach is a little on the Schizophrenic side? Going back and reading some of his post, sometimes he's Scott Smith, and sometimes he's this other person that know's Scott Smith. Really weird.

I can't believe I'm in agreement with Waco here. This guy is a freakin fruit cake. Go look at some of the Indy threads. He's inviting people whom he obviously doesn't care for to "come see him" before he leaves for JC. I'm afraid SH has hired a real jewel here. He may know football, but it doesn't matter if he has no teaching/leadership skills.

Believe Me, I know Scott personally, and no I am not him, he is the best coach you guys could have gotten. He is a proven winner and a guy who will work to be the best. He beleives in himself and wants to win so badly, he rubs some people the wrong way. He is a great man and leader, no matter what the people are saying. The same people that are dogging him now, were hugging him after we upset Franklin last year, when the were ranked in the top five in state. He is not a bad guy, just someone that is looking out for his family and himself. He has an abudance of football knowledge and is a great people person. But, he will ###### some people off because he is honest to a fault. You guys in Johnson City are getting one of the best coache in the state, now sit back and watch him lead you guys to victories.

QUOTE(rememberthetitans @ Jan 16 2007 - 02:26 PM) 826333868[/snapback]

Believe Me, I know Scott personally, and no I am not him, he is the best coach you guys could have gotten. He is a proven winner and a guy who will work to be the best. He beleives in himself and wants to win so badly, he rubs some people the wrong way. He is a great man and leader, no matter what the people are saying. The same people that are dogging him now, were hugging him after we upset Franklin last year, when the were ranked in the top five in state. He is not a bad guy, just someone that is looking out for his family and himself. He has an abudance of football knowledge and is a great people person. But, he will ###### some people off because he is honest to a fault. You guys in Johnson City are getting one of the best coache in the state, now sit back and watch him lead you guys to victories.

Does Smith have kids and if so what are their ages? Is he a man with a clean mouth or does he like to curse every now and again?