ANTIOCH 91 stratford 8

Dr. Justice

Wow, that is impressive! NOT!

What kind of coach would do this? Yeah I know that goal is to win but this is ridickulous. Is is any wonder Stratford can't get players.

I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYBODY SAYS, it is a show of disrespect to the Stratford girls.

I bet they called the press off with about 5 minutes left when it was 76-5.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dr. Justice @ Jan 19 2007 - 10:14 PM) 826338428[/snapback]

What kind of coach would do this? Yeah I know that goal is to win but this is ridickulous. Is is any wonder Stratford can't get players.

I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYBODY SAYS, it is a show of disrespect to the Stratford girls.

Look at the box score and see how many players scored for Antioch. looks like one of the cheerleaders had 7 points. It is not fair to the girls on the bench for a coach to tell them not to score

I just looked at the box score, and two things are clear from it: Antioch didn't knock down a whole lot of 3's, and the point totals dropped dramatically in the second half. That means they "pulled off the dogs."

In a lot of games, a struggling team (and I've seen plenty) can't help but turn the ball over, and you can't stop your players from catching an errant pass, etc., and driving in for uncontested shots. Didn't see the game in question, of course, but I'll bet that's where much of Antioch's huge total came from.

QUOTE(Dr. Justice @ Jan 19 2007 - 10:14 PM) 826338428[/snapback]

It's not an impressive win but I wouldn't blame the coach. At least not Antioch's coach. You can't tell your kids to stop playing.

I did not see the game. I do not believe in running up the score. I also believe it would be unfair for the players on the end of the Antioch bench to practice every day and then hold the ball when they do get in the game. Those kids have earned the right to go out and play hard and show what they can do.

QUOTE(CoachF @ Jan 21 2007 - 11:30 AM) 826339820[/snapback]

I did not see the game. I do not believe in running up the score. I also believe it would be unfair for the players on the end of the Antioch bench to practice every day and then hold the ball when they do get in the game. Those kids have earned the right to go out and play hard and show what they can do.

I agree. It's not running up the score if the 3rd team is in there playing as hard as they can. What do you want to do, put in the cheerleaders? I think they could have scored more than 2 points. Don't blame Antioch.

QUOTE(Bates Water Gardens @ Jan 21 2007 - 12:14 PM) 826339855[/snapback]

I agree. It's not running up the score if the 3rd team is in there playing as hard as they can. What do you want to do, put in the cheerleaders? I think they could have scored more than 2 points. Don't blame Antioch.

Obviously Mt. Juliet has lots of firepower so its easy to say "blame Stratford, because they're weak". How would you like it if you had a daughter on that team and got beat by 80 points. Bet you wouldn't like it one bit.

Not a classy move by Antioch at all.