Tri-County Seven - 21 January, 2007

krichunaka

QUOTE(THE KING @ Jan 25 2007 - 11:19 AM) 826345247[/snapback]

Oh, I've gotta good one. Yes, Hampton did beat a depleted Avery squad, but what most morons from this county fail to recognize is the fact that Cloudland vs. Hampton has nothing to do with Avery vs. Hampton. Cloudland has already spanked Hampton on their home floor. I look for a big time woodshed butt-kicking when they come to Sonny Smith. Look for Cloudland's perimeter and post game to be completely dominant!

I don't know what you mean by "depleted". Yes they had one guard out but they still had all of their post players who have already signed and had anywhere from an 8 to 10 inch height advantage, so don't start with the depleting comment. As for the Hampton/Cloudland game played earlier, sure the Lady Landers won, as they should but they played awfully well while the Lady 'Dogs did not shoot well, and Hampton still had a chance to win the game, as a matter of fact if I remember correctly the Lady Landers did not pick up their "First Team Foul" until there was 2 minutes to go in the THIRD quarter. Enjoy that win because it meant nothing as the game at Sonny Smith will also because just like last year no one remembers who did what in the regular season. Ask yourself this question King, Aren't the Lady Bulldogs getting more out of their talent than the Lady Landers are? and the Lady Rangers as well? Hampton was not supposed to win anything this year and now you are making excuses for them winning games. Quite funny actually. I wish HHS had the talent that CHS has, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some good points, dog4life, and I don't totally disagree. Going back to the preseason, we knew only that the Lady Bulldogs had a steady, senior point guard, a gifted sophomore, and that Whitney Andrews could shoot from a mile away. They played well in the Happy Valley Classic against Bristol, before losing by 17, then headed off to watch the footballers in Lebanon.

The win at Unaka was brilliant; Hampton shot the rims off. The win at home against Davy Crockett was very exciting, a tremendous finish.

On the other hand, the overtime win against Happy Valley was a game in which the Lady Warriors didn't have their senior point guard. The consecutive losses at Happy Valley and North Greene last week were very disappointing. They lost to Unicoi by 17, then again by thirty, a game that could've been much worse. They lost to tonight's opponent, Elizabethton, by 25, in another game that could've been worse. Cloudland beat Hampton by 11.

That Hampton is getting more out of their talent than Cloudland or Unaka is certainly not a given. The Lady Highlanders, though disappointing in a few games, have destroyed some very good teams, most specifically, South Greene and Unicoi County; that's impressive.

Unaka has been in an uphill battle since early season when a couple players left the team, and their only senior is still working herself into the player Unaka will need to advance in tournament play. The Lady Rangers start a freshman at the point, a couple sophomores and a junior, along with Sallee Taylor, the senior. They don't have the depth to match any of the other Seven members. In fact, Unaka has only nine players, total, three of them, Freshmen.

So, all considered, no, Hampton isn't getting more from their players. In fact, they actually have several more players than Unaka.

Elizabethton , Hampton and Unaka, I would agree. 3 good teams with very good coaches.Dont know very much about Chambers at Unaka, but he wins!

Weems is a very good Coach and I would bet that Hamptons Coach, Leon Tolley will be courted by several schools to take over the boys program!

Um. lets see, Len Dugger goes back at Betsy, Leon Tolley as JV Coach, sounds very possible to me.

This would require the Eliz folks to quit fighting among themselves and do whats right for the kids!

It would be a huge injustice to bring in someone new,when you have a Len Dugger there wanting to save the program!

AD Gil Payne better move quick or face criticism himself.Everyone knows Payne did a good job with the Betsy baseball team this past year.He instilled discipline.Now he needs to bring that quickly to the boys basketball program!

It will never happen. This I am 99% sure of this.

QUOTE(coachtcyclone @ Jan 25 2007 - 02:39 PM) 826345606[/snapback]

Elizabethton , Hampton and Unaka, I would agree. 3 good teams with very good coaches.Dont know very much about Chambers at Unaka, but he wins!

Weems is a very good Coach and I would bet that Hamptons Coach, Leon Tolley will be courted by several schools to take over the boys program!

Um. lets see, Len Dugger goes back at Betsy, Leon Tolley as JV Coach, sounds very possible to me.

This would require the Eliz folks to quit fighting among themselves and do whats right for the kids!

It would be a huge injustice to bring in someone new,when you have a Len Dugger there wanting to save the program!

AD Gil Payne better move quick or face criticism himself.Everyone knows Payne did a good job with the Betsy baseball team this past year.He instilled discipline.Now he needs to bring that quickly to the boys basketball program!

QUOTE(krichunaka @ Jan 25 2007 - 01:29 PM) 826345486[/snapback]

Some good points, dog4life, and I don't totally disagree. Going back to the preseason, we knew only that the Lady Bulldogs had a steady, senior point guard, a gifted sophomore, and that Whitney Andrews could shoot from a mile away. They played well in the Happy Valley Classic against Bristol, before losing by 17, then headed off to watch the footballers in Lebanon.

The win at Unaka was brilliant; Hampton shot the rims off. The win at home against Davy Crockett was very exciting, a tremendous finish.

On the other hand, the overtime win against Happy Valley was a game in which the Lady Warriors didn't have their senior point guard. The consecutive losses at Happy Valley and North Greene last week were very disappointing. They lost to Unicoi by 17, then again by thirty, a game that could've been much worse. They lost to tonight's opponent, Elizabethton, by 25, in another game that could've been worse. Cloudland beat Hampton by 11.

That Hampton is getting more out of their talent than Cloudland or Unaka is certainly not a given. The Lady Highlanders, though disappointing in a few games, have destroyed some very good teams, most specifically, South Greene and Unicoi County; that's impressive.

Unaka has been in an uphill battle since early season when a couple players left the team, and their only senior is still working herself into the player Unaka will need to advance in tournament play. The Lady Rangers start a freshman at the point, a couple sophomores and a junior, along with Sallee Taylor, the senior. They don't have the depth to match any of the other Seven members. In fact, Unaka has only nine players, total, three of them, Freshmen.

So, all considered, no, Hampton isn't getting more from their players. In fact, they actually have several more players than Unaka.

Their is just no reasoning with you krich.They have more bodies than Unaka but is quantity better than quality. The point I am making is that they (Lady Bulldogs) were supposed to lose every game like they did against UC, where as in fact they have a better than .500 record themselves and they did not even get to start practicing together until everyone started practice Nov. 1. They did not even get to have the summer together so they are just now to where everyone was at the first of the season in all actuality. I just give credit where credit is due.

QUOTE(coachtcyclone @ Jan 25 2007 - 02:39 PM) 826345606[/snapback]

You have to keep in mind who is the head of the 'Blue School' at this time. A micro-manager, so there is only so much any AD can do at this time. Not much will change unless it is by resignation brought on by one's own analysis OR a change in thier job at the school. Just my humble opinion Some changes will come over the next couple of years but it may not be where they are needed. Good luck!

[quote name="iQUOTE(i

KING' date=' I think its quite funny how you make excuses for everything. You can't admit that Hampton beat Avery, a team that would whip Cloudland in a heartbeat, fair and square. I think someone has a little jealousy and is trying to tell himself that it didnt happen. How funny. you need to stink it up and deal with the fact that you have some competition and cloudland is as good as they are getting. Face the facts, get a life.

Yes, Hampton beat Avery, BUT Avery just lost 3 of there point guards, 2 to injury and 1 quit! Hampton didn't beat the great Avery team that they had before Christmas. Hampton beat the J.V point guard!

Lady Cyclones started slow, and trailed by one at the end of the first, 10-11. They started playing with more intensity in the second quarter and led 28-19 at the half. In the third quarter EHS exploded for 27 points to take control of the game. Final was 68-49.

Hampton is much improved since the last meeting seven weeks ago. They shot the ball pretty well, but so did the cyclones. EHS had five different players hit a 3.

Good win Cyclones.