Greeneville vs. Science Hill

orange_nation

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Jan 24 2007 - 02:35 PM) 826344194[/snapback]

Did anyone read the post on the “Greeneville vs. Science Hill” thread? Barb was quoted as follows:

“Oh yeah,Cap...that's what I'm all about...Barb, the great Omar destroyer!!! I don't think I will get a moments rest until his pristine reputation is in the crapper.” said Barb.

I would like to think this was taken out of context. Does she really want Greeneville to win so bad that she would trash a young man's reputation?

Trash a young man's reputation? Come on cap go and re-read her statement. It was merely a question. I don't believe that Omar needs anyone to trash his reputation. Just look at the game with Central. He does that himself. If you need help to remind you of this go to the link and watch it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greenevillefan @ Jan 24 2007 - 02:47 PM) 826344214[/snapback]

Trash a young man's reputation? Come on cap go and re-read her statement. It was merely a question. I don't believe that Omar needs anyone to trash his reputation. Just look at the game with Central. He does that himself. If you need help to remind you of this go to the link and watch it.

I'd bet any one of you if you asked coach Duncan about Omar as a person he would have nothing but praise for him. I spoke extensively with Coach Duncan at a Travelers AAU practice this summer, where (by the way he was showing support to his star Antwaine), he said "I love Omar. He is a smart kid, and a smart player. " He further said "As good as he is, he keeps a good head on his shoulders..." He want on to praise Omar as a player and a person, and also said he was glad Antwaine befriended such a good guy. He stated definitively that he loved Omar, he loved to watch him play, but he HATES to coach against him.

Barb I usually agree with you, but your "question" was a slight cheap shot.

Anyone who knows Omar, knows the Central game was an abhoration. Ask Antwaine, ask Coach D

The only people that should hold a grudge against Omar is the Central Basketball team. Use it as fuel to try to beat SHHS again in the tournament, don't just trash this kid. IF you want him to be classless you must show class yourselves. BESIDES its not like he came into the student section and called anyone a [iNSERT EXPLETIVE.]

QUOTE(BroadwayBaller @ Jan 24 2007 - 03:37 PM) 826344275[/snapback]

I'd bet any one of you if you asked coach Duncan about Omar as a person he would have nothing but praise for him. I spoke extensively with Coach Duncan at a Travelers AAU practice this summer, where (by the way he was showing support to his star Antwaine), he said "I love Omar. He is a smart kid, and a smart player. " He further said "As good as he is, he keeps a good head on his shoulders..." He want on to praise Omar as a player and a person, and also said he was glad Antwaine befriended such a good guy. He stated definitively that he loved Omar, he loved to watch him play, but he HATES to coach against him.

Barb I usually agree with you, but your "question" was a slight cheap shot.

Anyone who knows Omar, knows the Central game was an abhoration. Ask Antwaine, ask Coach D

The only people that should hold a grudge against Omar is the Central Basketball team. Use it as fuel to try to beat SHHS again in the tournament, don't just trash this kid. IF you want him to be classless you must show class yourselves. BESIDES its not like he came into the student section and called anyone a [iNSERT EXPLETIVE.]

I am sorry you all misunderstood my intentions, no cheap shot was intended. I merely wanted someone who actually knew the kid to tell me this was a poor portrayal of who he really was. I have defended him repeatedly in other posts and I am the last person who would intentionally try to damage this boy's reputation.

I am offended that Cap would insinuate otherwise...but since I'm not the first he has offended on this board and not likely to be the last, I will try not to lose any sleep over it.

QUOTE(barb @ Jan 24 2007 - 03:50 PM) 826344294[/snapback]

I am sorry you all misunderstood my intentions, no cheap shot was intended. I merely wanted someone who actually knew the kid to tell me this was a poor portrayal of who he really was. I have defended him repeatedly in other posts and I am the last person who would intentionally try to damage this boy's reputation.

I am offended that Cap would insinuate otherwise...but since I'm not the first he has offended on this board and not likely to be the last, I will try not to lose any sleep over it.

I know barb. It just a lot of people comment without really knowing him. I hate to see that about anyone. If it were happening to Antwaine I would be the first to stick out my neck for him. I just hope that the game on Saturday is going to be a good one, and I hope that TRUE b-ball fans will appreciate good basketball when they see it.

QUOTE(BroadwayBaller @ Jan 24 2007 - 03:53 PM) 826344300[/snapback]

I know barb. It just a lot of people comment without really knowing him. I hate to see that about anyone. If it were happening to Antwaine I would be the first to stick out my neck for him. I just hope that the game on Saturday is going to be a good one, and I hope that TRUE b-ball fans will appreciate good basketball when they see it.

I wish I was able to go on Saturday. I recall they usually keep the gym rather warm and my health has been rather fragile of late. I can't really stand being overheated. I will be sure to listen to it and look forward to some insightful commentary on Sunday

QUOTE(barb @ Jan 24 2007 - 08:48 AM) 826343604[/snapback]

Did anyone read the tricitiesports.com piece on the SH/South game? Omar was quoted as follows:

“When I start hitting, I don’t feel there’s anyone that can stop me. When I start hitting that’s just how it is,” said Wattad.

I would like to think this was taken out of context. Is he really that full of himself?

I've seen the kid play a few times over his career and his statement is not a brag but a fact...when he is on he is pretty much automatic. He has taken a lot of shots lately and I'm not going to defend or attack because I was not at the games in question. All I know is he has proven to be a really great player. And for all the talk of arrogance and being full of himself....he has also made statements reflecting a lot of respect to the local teams and players. Is he perfect? No...but who of us is?

I've never seen him be anything like he is accused of when he plays at the Dome. He has played very hard and tough. After the last game at the Dome he was asked about never winning at DB and an self consumed kid could have took a jab or made excuses...but simply said "Dobyns-Bennett outplays us". Boy that really sounds like he's full of himself!

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Jan 22 2007 - 01:46 PM) 826341132[/snapback]

Try this...only 15 seconds at the end of the game

Is this the behavior that everyone has been whining about? Ideally, I guess, he should shake the other teams hand, but common.....

This doesn't make him a bad person, he was probably po'd and hated to loose. I'm sure mama Wattad took care of that when he got home. Mostly a good kid, with a great family. Look at some of these other kids around, and you guys wouldn't characterize him as a good kid? You have got to be kidding!

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Jan 22 2007 - 10:43 AM) 826340900[/snapback]

I will stand with my boys from the Big 9 and go with Science Hill in a convincing 10+ point upset. Those of you that say they can’t play defense on the Hill will be proven wrong in this game as they throw defender after defender at Antwaine in an attempt to make Greenville beat them with their other players. Omar has yet to have a true break-out game this season. Well I think the time is now!! And my guess is that he will man up on Wiggins defensively several times during the course of the game. Duncan doesn't have the luxury in allowing Wiggins to man up on Wattad because we all know that Greenville can't afford to sit Wiggins for any reason, whether it be fatigue or foul trouble.

Wow…this crystal ball thing really works!!!

I've seen Omar a few times, and I would have to describe him as very cocky. Some might say confident, but I would probably go as far as to see it as an arrogance. I don't know the young man and I wish him well at Georgetown. I've also been able to see Antwaine Wiggins a few times as well, and his demeanor is the complete opposite of Omar.

However, after tonight's game, Omar has every reason to be confident.

As a side note, what was the deal with the window shaking music before the games at 'Topper Palace? I must be getting old, because my tolerance for this gets lower each year.

QUOTE("shake and bake" @ Jan 24 2007 - 09:36 PM) 826344671[/snapback]

Is this the behavior that everyone has been whining about? Ideally, I guess, he should shake the other teams hand, but common.....

This doesn't make him a bad person, he was probably po'd and hated to loose. I'm sure mama Wattad took care of that when he got home. Mostly a good kid, with a great family. Look at some of these other kids around, and you guys wouldn't characterize him as a good kid? You have got to be kidding!