REGION 7 AND 8 CLASS A PREDICTIONS

jamieroper

QUOTE(milan57 @ Jan 21 2007 - 08:23 PM) 826340253[/snapback]

If you wouldn't count out West Carroll and Bruceton may be a "sleeper" then why wouldn't you consider Mckenzie? Lady Rebels beat both of those teams. In fact, Mckenzie might surprise some by the time district and region tournaments roll around.

West carroll by 14 tonite over a very good bruceton team,theyve beat clarkburg by 18,and lost to mckenzie in OT on a very controversial call.Also played greenfield to within 8 at their place and carried gleason a long way into the fourth with a 2 pt lead until yes the better team won.Also remember last yr clarksburg girls went a round or two into the region didnt they,Erin Grant is a very good player as is Brooke Cary and Renfroe.All these kids in this district are very young with one senior on W.C. One senior on The burg and Bruceton may not even have a senior that plays much.No disrespect at all to Gleason i have the utmost respect for them kayla and riley and randys daughter are just 3 of a team of good kids a nd good athletes.Just believe there are good things comin. Willie has a good bunch and their jr high program has been awesome lately. ive never posted on here just struck a nerve when a comment like beating the clarksburgs,gleasons,greenfields isnt any big deal,IT IS A BIG DEAL these days.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gleason will win their district and region. They will probably be undefeated until they get to the boro. Kayla will not let her team lose. She is the best basketball player in A. The other team could be a toss up. I believe Greenfield to be the favorite but you can't count out Lake County or Union City. It will be a great district tournament and region. The region will be the district all over again because the Mckenzie and West Carroll district just can not match up. The 5,6,7,8 teams in Gleason's district are better than the top teams in the other. Sorry, not being mean just truthful. If i had to pick the district championship game and Region game (they will be the same) Gleason vs. Greenfield. They both move on to the Boro.

QUOTE(kycatman1 @ Jan 23 2007 - 11:15 PM) 826343394[/snapback]

West carroll by 14 tonite over a very good bruceton team,theyve beat clarkburg by 18,and lost to mckenzie in OT on a very controversial call.Also played greenfield to within 8 at their place and carried gleason a long way into the fourth with a 2 pt lead until yes the better team won.Also remember last yr clarksburg girls went a round or two into the region didnt they,Erin Grant is a very good player as is Brooke Cary and Renfroe.All these kids in this district are very young with one senior on W.C. One senior on The burg and Bruceton may not even have a senior that plays much.No disrespect at all to Gleason i have the utmost respect for them kayla and riley and randys daughter are just 3 of a team of good kids a nd good athletes.Just believe there are good things comin. Willie has a good bunch and their jr high program has been awesome lately. ive never posted on here just struck a nerve when a comment like beating the clarksburgs,gleasons,greenfields isnt any big deal,IT IS A BIG DEAL these days.

West Carroll is the best team in their district. They have improved tremendously since our first game early in the year. The Greer girl gave us, Greenfield a hard time on the inside blocking and altering shots. It looked like a completely different group of girls. I noticed last night she had a triple double with blocks, points and rebounds. Madison Lane is a good passer and is playing well. Keep up the good work and maybe we will see each other down the road.

QUOTE(Shake-n-Bake @ Jan 24 2007 - 10:06 AM) 826343862[/snapback]

Gleason will win their district and region. They will probably be undefeated until they get to the boro. Kayla will not let her team lose. She is the best basketball player in A. The other team could be a toss up. I believe Greenfield to be the favorite but you can't count out Lake County or Union City. It will be a great district tournament and region. The region will be the district all over again because the Mckenzie and West Carroll district just can not match up. The 5,6,7,8 teams in Gleason's district are better than the top teams in the other. Sorry, not being mean just truthful. If i had to pick the district championship game and Region game (they will be the same) Gleason vs. Greenfield. They both move on to the Boro.

Gleason will have their first loss friday nite at Union City.Union City will win by 4pts.

QUOTE(Shake-n-Bake @ Jan 24 2007 - 10:06 AM) 826343862[/snapback]

She is a very good player, but not the best in 1A. She walks alot and doesn't get called for it, until the refs from the other regions come in. She is probably one of the best floor generals in West Tennessee, but not the best in 1A. Gleason will be lucky to get out of the region, because when she gets shut down, they will fall.

QUOTE(chipper_jones_4mvp @ Jan 24 2007 - 05:16 PM) 826344433[/snapback]

Gleason will have their first loss friday nite at Union City.Union City will win by 4pts.

It is possible. Play as a team and you always have a chance. Gleason has been winning by allot of small margins lately.

Good luck to both teams. This could be a preview of the District and possibly region finals. Maybe, Maybe not. Both teams are good.

Good luck to both.

QUOTE(Hater_Nation_Rules @ Jan 24 2007 - 08:17 PM) 826344652[/snapback]

She is a very good player, but not the best in 1A. She walks alot and doesn't get called for it, until the refs from the other regions come in. She is probably one of the best floor generals in West Tennessee, but not the best in 1A. Gleason will be lucky to get out of the region, because when she gets shut down, they will fall.

You are right about one thing, when someone shuts Kayla down Gleason will go down but so far noone has shut her down. Greenfield held Kayla to 16 points in our first game but she still beat us finding the open girl and making 8/8 FT's in the last two minutes.

But I dont know where you are coming from when you say she's not the best in 1A. What she is doing every night she plays and she has led her team to a 20-0 record which is really unbelievable. Gleason lost four key players off last years team and noone expected Gleason to be as good this year.

May I ask who you think is the best floor general in 1A?

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Jan 24 2007 - 09:04 PM) 826344717[/snapback]

You are right about one thing, when someone shuts Kayla down Gleason will go down but so far noone has shut her down. Greenfield held Kayla to 16 points in our first game but she still beat us finding the open girl and making 8/8 FT's in the last two minutes.

But I dont know where you are coming from when you say she's not the best in 1A. What she is doing every night she plays and she has led her team to a 20-0 record which is really unbelievable. Gleason lost four key players off last years team and noone expected Gleason to be as good this year.

May I ask who you think is the best floor general in 1A?

Jodi Loynes, QB, Bradford 90s.....

I have seen both 14A, 15A, and 7A teams play this year. All three districts are awesome examples of good high school basketball, night in and night out. But I would have to give the knod to 7A as being the toughest in the state. Clarkrange, Red Boiling Springs, Jackson County(big win over C'range tuesday night) and Pickett Co, the top 4. Two of these teams will be in the boro, one will win it...

QUOTE(Joe Quincy @ Jan 25 2007 - 08:05 AM) 826345050[/snapback]

I have seen both 14A, 15A, and 7A teams play this year. All three districts are awesome examples of good high school basketball, night in and night out. But I would have to give the knod to 7A as being the toughest in the state. Clarkrange, Red Boiling Springs, Jackson County(big win over C'range tuesday night) and Pickett Co, the top 4. Two of these teams will be in the boro, one will win it...

Surely you're kidding

Or is your name Surely???

QUOTE(chipper_jones_4mvp @ Jan 24 2007 - 05:16 PM) 826344433[/snapback]

Ha HA HA. They have the talent and athleticism, but i am afraid they will come up short. watch the game and you will see fundamental basketball and control of the game. Gleason will get any shot they want. patience is their key to success. Union City has far better athletes but no composure or ability to grind it out with the bulldogs.