Is Bradley scared of Baylor?

johnnybravo12

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ddb

I respectfully disagree with you and here it why. Winning the Dual tournament and the Tradtional tournament takes a whole different strategy. Now I admit the majority of the years the same team wins both but for the past 2 years that hasn't been true. ('05 Franklin/Brad, '06 Brad/Soddy). Winning the state duals takes a much deeper team, a lot of times a back up is asked to wrestle and perform a job so that the starter can be matched up against another weight in an effort to get a point swing. The traditional tournament you have to qualify and certify for. You can't move people around and the tournament is won a lot of times in the consolation rounds. My point, I'm not sure I'm backing it up well, it takes a different strategy and different team to win the duals than it does to win the traditoinal. If your team is able to do both in the same year than by all means claim both titles.

QUOTE(mhhjnh @ Jan 26 2007 - 07:29 AM) 826346558[/snapback]

ddb

I respectfully disagree with you and here it why. Winning the Dual tournament and the Tradtional tournament takes a whole different strategy. Now I admit the majority of the years the same team wins both but for the past 2 years that hasn't been true. ('05 Franklin/Brad, '06 Brad/Soddy). Winning the state duals takes a much deeper team, a lot of times a back up is asked to wrestle and perform a job so that the starter can be matched up against another weight in an effort to get a point swing. The traditional tournament you have to qualify and certify for. You can't move people around and the tournament is won a lot of times in the consolation rounds. My point, I'm not sure I'm backing it up well, it takes a different strategy and different team to win the duals than it does to win the traditoinal. If your team is able to do both in the same year than by all means claim both titles.

Winning both proves you have a deep and highly talent team. No one stronger.

Bradley's main goal every year is to win the State Duals. The Traditional Tournament is different. It's an individual tournament. Each wrestler must rise to his own challenge and achieve the best result possible for him and feel satisfied with his effort. When all is said and done, we hope the collective effort and results were enough to end up in 1st place. If we fall short, we are disappointed but I don't think anyone has ever lost any sleep over it. However, disappointment at the State Duals has caused many a Bear to lay in bed awake.

QUOTE(BayouBear @ Jan 26 2007 - 02:35 PM) 826347097[/snapback]

Bradley's main goal every year is to win the State Duals. The Traditional Tournament is different. It's an individual tournament. Each wrestler must rise to his own challenge and achieve the best result possible for him and feel satisfied with his effort. When all is said and done, we hope the collective effort and results were enough to end up in 1st place. If we fall short, we are disappointed but I don't think anyone has ever lost any sleep over it. However, disappointment at the State Duals has caused many a Bear to lay in bed awake.

What would be great is keeping the same dual format and turning the traditional state into strictly an individual tournament with no team scores kept with no division 1 and 2. Make the traditional state the way it use to be except no team scores.

Some teams are better dual teams and some are better individual teams . Usualy if the team is small and no back ups they will be a better idividual team . The great thing about winning both is the strength in your starters and the depth of your backups. I've seen teams not do well at all in a dual tournament and finish in the top teams at individual tournaments.

Bradley is not scared of Baylor or McCallie.

They wrestle just about everyone they do, but the point is why should they have to wrestle them to prove a point.

The State of TN separated them and therefore there is no reason to have them wrestle against each other.

I agree that it would be great match ups but that is why Legman is the coach and his team backs him 100%.

BC travels to some wonderful tournaments outside of the state to get some wonderful competition. It is great to get some competition that you normally don't face. It is a great challenge!

I am sure if the divisions were ever segragated back together that they would be glad to wrestle them until then DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH!!!

QUOTE(johnnybravo12 @ Jan 24 2007 - 10:55 AM) 826343949[/snapback]

i have never heard of a dual between baylor and bradley in my 13 years of following this wonderful sport. I see where baylor wrestles teams like parkview, collins hill, soddy daisy, and whoever else they can get a hold of so i know they arent scared to get a loss. what is up with bradley, imho they must be scared of the big red machine.

i've missed this story that leads to this speculation, anyone out there willing to enlighten me?

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(johnnybravo12 @ Jan 24 2007 - 11:55 AM) 826343949[/snapback]

i have never heard of a dual between baylor and bradley in my 13 years of following this wonderful sport. I see where baylor wrestles teams like parkview, collins hill, soddy daisy, and whoever else they can get a hold of so i know they arent scared to get a loss. what is up with bradley, imho they must be scared of the big red machine.

if im not mistaken, bradley wrestles teams such as, Collins Hill, Soddy Daisy, Parkview, and countless other teams from different states.... so i guess im asking for your point please???