Cascade 2007 vs the rest of region 5, 1a

CASCADEDAD

QUOTE(jogles @ Mar 12 2007 - 09:47 AM) 826408810[/snapback]first off cascade dad, you dont play for coach Parker, so therefore you have no idea what your talking about. Coach Parkers pride will always of us going past the first round of the playoffs and winning big games such as "Jo Byrns". The only players that do like coach Parker are his favorites... and believe me he does have favorites. If Coach Parker is such a good coach, then why doesn't he try to get his senior players in a college football program. If you upcoming seniors want to play college football, you better start doing your recruting right now. anybody who disagrees is an idiot. dont say anything if you dont know what you are talking about.

You might be getting me confused with someone else. I never gave my opinion of Coach Parker. There is alot of good and bad that could be said of anyone, but if your a player and your not happy, let your voice be heard. Stand up and tell the faculty. Maybe talk to the coach as an adult, don't just complain. If you know me, I can give you my opinion on why we didn't get past the 1st round. Would you like to be more specific on why you think we didn't get farther.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CASCADEDAD @ Mar 12 2007 - 02:28 PM) 826409198[/snapback]You might be getting me confused with someone else. I never gave my opinion of Coach Parker. There is alot of good and bad that could be said of anyone, but if your a player and your not happy, let your voice be heard. Stand up and tell the faculty. Maybe talk to the coach as an adult, don't just complain. If you know me, I can give you my opinion on why we didn't get past the 1st round. Would you like to be more specific on why you think we didn't get farther.

our team had their heads stuck up their "you know what". i think the leadership was there... seniors did an incredible job with leadership this year. but we just thought we were to good at the end.

QUOTE(jogles @ Mar 13 2007 - 08:09 AM) 826410016[/snapback]our team had their heads stuck up their "you know what". i think the leadership was there... seniors did an incredible job with leadership this year. but we just thought we were to good at the end.

Learn from this. Take this into your future, but don't be bitter. This was the best season Cascade has ever had and you were in it. I played one year when Cascade had only 12 players at the beginning of the year. We got up to maybe 18 players. We went 0-10. I didn't play my senior year and I regret it. Even though we lost every game that year, it was one of the best times of my life and I have a great life, Ha,Ha! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> If you want to play college ball don't give up. There's other ways in.

Good Luck!

I've been talking to Matt and Cory a lot here lately and they are both very excited about the upcoming season. Tyrell Batt's son will join them in the backfield, and I can assure you this will be one of the best backfields (if not the best) in 1A ball next season. These kids are hyped for the upcoming season and for good reason. We have a butt-load of talent coming back and if the attitude is right and the defense comes to play, I think we will have a big say in the outcome of region 5 and beyond!

Sidenote: To the player complaining about Kenny, it is a feather in his hat each time one of his kids goes on to play at the next level, so the implication that he doesn't want you to succeed in college is crazy. Perhaps if you went and spoke with him about this instead of getting on here and doggin him you'd have more success. That is part of the problem with teenagers these days. You want to blame everyone else because you don't have the motivation to do anything for yourself. Do some research, make tapes of yourself, contact colleges of interest on your own and I'm sure they will contact Kenny if your worth the time. These days, with the internet there is no excuse for you kids not to get more involved in the recruiting process yourself instead of pointing fingers at your Coaches! /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

If you are good enough they will find you, it's that simple. Very seldom does a coach's promotion of an athlete, help anything. Another thing is exposure, in all due respect 1A football doesn't get alot of exposure so that doesn't help the borderline player. College football is a business and these coaches livelihood depends on the players they recruit. Don't think for a minute, they do not know where the players are and are not. Don't blame Coach Parker, there is not a finer person in high school athletics anywhere. If you really wanted more exposure you might have considered a bigger school and maybe even camps. Otherwise the weight is on your shoulders to make it happen. Success breeds jealousy...

QUOTE(CoCoBWare @ Mar 22 2007 - 10:06 AM) 826420213[/snapback]If you are good enough they will find you, it's that simple. Very seldom does a coach's promotion of an athlete, help anything. Another thing is exposure, in all due respect 1A football doesn't get alot of exposure so that doesn't help the borderline player. College football is a business and these coaches livelihood depends on the players they recruit. Don't think for a minute, they do not know where the players are and are not. Don't blame Coach Parker, there is not a finer person in high school athletics anywhere. If you really wanted more exposure you might have considered a bigger school and maybe even camps. Otherwise the weight is on your shoulders to make it happen. Success breeds jealousy...

Ditto

QUOTE(jogles @ Mar 12 2007 - 09:47 AM) 826408810[/snapback]first off cascade dad, you dont play for coach Parker, so therefore you have no idea what your talking about. Coach Parkers pride will always of us going past the first round of the playoffs and winning big games such as "Jo Byrns". The only players that do like coach Parker are his favorites... and believe me he does have favorites. If Coach Parker is such a good coach, then why doesn't he try to get his senior players in a college football program. If you upcoming seniors want to play college football, you better start doing your recruting right now. anybody who disagrees is an idiot. dont say anything if you dont know what you are talking about.

Jogles, sounds like you need to be on the sidelines and not in the locker room if you have such feeling about K. Parker!!! No I do not play, but I attend all the game and most of the practices and I see nothing you have alluded to. So, call me an IDIOT!! As far as recruting, my son has played at Cascade 1 year and has already been contacted by 4 colleges!!! So take your spite and keep it at the house and let those player who have the ability and desire to play PLAY. And as far as your opinion of Coach Kenny, sounds like you assume a lot and you know what that make you.

QUOTE(jogles @ Mar 12 2007 - 08:47 AM) 826408810[/snapback]first off cascade dad, you dont play for coach Parker, so therefore you have no idea what your talking about. Coach Parkers pride will always of us going past the first round of the playoffs and winning big games such as "Jo Byrns". The only players that do like coach Parker are his favorites... and believe me he does have favorites. If Coach Parker is such a good coach, then why doesn't he try to get his senior players in a college football program. If you upcoming seniors want to play college football, you better start doing your recruting right now. anybody who disagrees is an idiot. dont say anything if you dont know what you are talking about.

Just a side note because it appears that the other Cascade fans and even some jo byrns fans are having enough fun arguing with you, but i just wanted you to know that at the high school level, it isn't the coaches job to get a kid into college sports. Most of the time if a high school coaches calls a college coach it annoys the coach. The only thing a high school coach does in recruitng players for colleges is he hands over some game films and says "he works really hard in the weight room and on the field, very gifted athlete who is coachable"...

Until someone knocks JoByrns off, they are the king of the mountain! I expect them to battle Cascade again for 1 and 2, sounds like Cascade only lost a few players, but the ones they lost were pretty key, the ones I can rember are the 'Seth Brothers' (yes I know they are not brothers lol). But it sounds like they have a lot of players from last years good team coming back. The rest of region 5 should be interesting, Forrest, Heritgage, Eagleville, McEwen should battle for playoff spots I think. Who knows about NCS, CA and the two new schools.