Riverdale

uncfan09

How good Riverdale is will depend on how hard they work over the next few months...just like most other schools. Expectations should be high because there is a lot of talent returning. Breaking it down a little:

Positives:

~ Lots of strong, athletic linemen. The potential here is pretty much unlimited so I hope those guys are working especially hard. The goal is to fill all the spots on both sides without any having to start both ways.

~ Proven running backs abound with more help on the way

~ TE should be good

~ WR should be in good shape two-deep

~ CBs both return along with depth

~ Placekicking will be better with both guys being juniors this year instead of just sophs

Questions to answer:

~ QB , that's already been discussed but someone will have to step up

~ Defensive End and LB. Is that combination of muscle and speed available to fill the 3 or 4 openings we need to fill

~ Safety. Probably the most under-appreciated position out there

~ Punter

We really, really need our seniors to step up big this year and take charge of the team. If that happens look for a trip to the BC Bowl for the Warriors this year.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(uncfan09 @ Jan 25 2007 - 08:12 PM) 826346093[/snapback]

How do yall think that Riverdale is going to respond after a close game to Smyrna.

And do yall think that Riverdale is still the powerhouse that i have heard it used to be. and why did this new coach change the offense when the power I seemed to work so well for the previous coach

we will be very good this year state bound

QUOTE(tdntn @ Jan 28 2007 - 02:11 AM) 826348989[/snapback]

well nothings guaranteed, but i like our chances

that team they are going to have out there this season wasnt that much better than oaklands freshmen team a few years ago that went 1-7.............and im pretty sure everyone is working just as hadrd.......even though it seems players dont play as good as they can until they get to varsity for riverdale...........i need to stop talkin crazy riverdale will be good just because they have riverdale on their jerseys

QUOTE(SopH1025 @ Jan 29 2007 - 11:33 PM) 826351260[/snapback]

that team they are going to have out there this season wasnt that much better than oaklands freshmen team a few years ago that went 1-7.............and im pretty sure everyone is working just as hadrd.......even though it seems players dont play as good as they can until they get to varsity for riverdale...........i need to stop talkin crazy riverdale will be good just because they have riverdale on their jerseys

this senior class (2008) of riverdale went 7-1 (imcomplete schedule) and won the lions bowl versus columbia central. i think we beat oakland pretty good by like 3 or 4 touchdowns

Scott Thomas has committed to austin-peay. i have heard there is a strong chance he will be the govs starting QB for 2007. he will join former teammates philip stevenson and kit hartsfield, probably more i forgot and there might be some more c/o 2007 riverdale seniors who sign with them also

http://murfreesboropost.com/news.php?viewStory=2082

QUOTE(tdntn @ Jan 31 2007 - 12:28 AM) 826352697[/snapback]

this senior class (2008) of riverdale went 7-1 (imcomplete schedule) and won the lions bowl versus columbia central. i think we beat oakland pretty good by like 3 or 4 touchdowns

Scott Thomas has committed to austin-peay. i think he had a full ride from UAB on the table and he could have been competing against his brother each year in the same conference (conference USA), but rumor has it is that once the ink touches the paper he will be the govs starting QB for 2007. he will join former teammates philip stevenson and kit hartsfield, probably more i forgot and there might be some more c/o 2007 riverdale seniors who sign with them also

http://murfreesboropost.com/news.php?viewStory=2082

That's great news. Congrats to Scott!!