Science Hill Destroys Greeneville

greenedevilfan91

QUOTE(barb @ Jan 29 2007 - 10:55 AM) 826350156[/snapback]

Wattad is not walking on to Georgetown...2 players transferred freeing up his scholarship.

Yeah this is true. Thorton transferred clearing up a spot for Chris Wright, and Eggerson transferred Clearing up a scholly for Wattad. He was WILLING to walk on IF a scholly wasn't available. I've spoken to the Wattad family, as well as Coach Sydney Johnson at Georgetown and Wattad WILL have a scholarship. Barb is right on this one.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Know Nothing @ Jan 29 2007 - 10:24 AM) 826350104[/snapback]

Oglesby is a Clemson committment. He is obviously very highly ranked. And unlike Wattad, Clemson is not asking Oglesby to walk on. As for Conner, he averages more points than either Wiggins or Wattad in a much stronger district. Conner is being recruited by the same schools that are looking at Wiggins: UTC, Appy State, etc. Rumor is that Conner may end up at Auburn.

The truth is that rankings do not mean much. All these players listed are very good D1-type players. We will find out which Region is better come substate time. I will say that both Regions will probably win their home game.

That would qualify as support of an argument . Clemson is a sweeter deal than even Georgetown right now in my book as far as basketball is concerned. Thanks for the info. The “walk on” thing is old. The bottom line is that he will be going to Georgetown for free, and that not a commitment…that’s a done deal. I must disagree with you on the rankings when it comes to player rankings. D1 college scouts depend on these ranking quite a bit. It’s all about getting your name out there, and the player rankings are a scout’s best tool for sifting through the talent. If you’re not ranked at least in your state, chances are nobody knows about you regardless of how good you are.

Check out this link. Notice who the player of the week is for the EAST.

unapproved website. You have to add the .com. For some reason it won't let me post the link.

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Jan 29 2007 - 11:06 AM) 826350173[/snapback]

That would qualify as support of an argument . Clemson is a sweeter deal than even Georgetown right now in my book as far as basketball is concerned. Thanks for the info. The “walk on” thing is old. The bottom line is that he will be going to Georgetown for free, and that not a commitment…that’s a done deal. I must disagree with you on the rankings when it comes to player rankings. D1 college scouts depend on these ranking quite a bit. It’s all about getting your name out there, and the player rankings are a scout’s best tool for sifting through the talent. If you’re not ranked at least in your state, chances are nobody knows about you regardless of how good you are.

Check out this link. Notice who the player of the week is for the EAST.

unapproved website. You have to add the .com. For some reason it won't let me post the link.

Saturday was complete domination by Science Hill. This game was over when Science Hill scored the first five points of the game. I have talked to many of the Greeneville players this morning and the same comment keeps coming up "Wiggins and Woods had no clue what kind of environment they were getting ready to play in" this is completely true. Wiggins played scared and Woods was rushing his jumper everytime. By far the best game Science Hill has played this season. Greeneville was much more highly regarded around the state going into Saturday, this just proves that when you have a target on you going into a VERY TOUGH place to play against a very good team you must expect the atmosphere. This game makes me think about Roy Williams taking a bunch of freshman and sophomores into Cameron Indoor Feb 7 ranked in the top five. One thing different though Roy Williams is not too stubborn to play a zone, Coach Duncan has never played a zone and probably never will. He should have made some changes early the other night that were never made. But if i were Daniel Boone I would not look forward to a ticked off Greeneville team coming into my gym tomorrow night! Great game by Omar and Science Hill, the Worst game played by Wiggins and Greeneville. There will be a rematch in the region finals but who can really look forward to that from Greeneville right now? P.S Miami and Michigan have offered Wiggins a full ride and immediate playing time even though he didnt show that the other night.

QUOTE(BroadwayBaller @ Jan 29 2007 - 11:43 AM) 826350212[/snapback]

Wattad had faith that he would have a scholarship before the spring, and what do you know? He now has a full athletic scholarship to Georgetown. Also he chose the Hoyas over some big Universities. It was not some charity case. He is and was WANTED by TONS of D1 institutions. Not just mid-majors. Schools such as Vanderbilt and Arizona State offered as well. Along with good mid major schools like Southern Illinois (top 25), George Washington, and Umass. Do not knock Wattad.

Calm down Balller…we don’t have to argue Omar’s point; his game is speaking for itself right now. You will never convince some of the non believers/haters. They will probably continue to be non believers/haters regardless of what you or I say until the first time they see Omar on primetime TV puttin the jumper in someone’s mouth. Then they’ll be trying to find out where they can buy his jersey.

QUOTE(BroadwayBaller @ Jan 29 2007 - 10:59 AM) 826350162[/snapback]

Yeah this is true. Thorton transferred clearing up a spot for Chris Wright, and Eggerson transferred Clearing up a scholly for Wattad. He was WILLING to walk on IF a scholly wasn't available. I've spoken to the Wattad family, as well as Coach Sydney Johnson at Georgetown and Wattad WILL have a scholarship. Barb is right on this one.

I had not heard that and I think that it is excellent news. Wattad is a very nice player and I did not mean to imply that he did not deserve a scholarship to Georgetown. I'm glad it has worked out for him.

I lot of talk in Knoxville has centered around Oak Ridge and Maryville this year, but don't be surprised if Powell, Halls or Farragut end up in Sectionals. It is very competitive in Knoxville this year. You have to like Powell's chances because they have the best player in the area (Conner). Halls has five senior starters and the best pg in East Tennessee. Farragut is senior-laden as well with good size and shooting ability. I think that Oak Ridge is not very deep and not good form the perimeter, but very athletic. Maryville I will see for the first time tonight.

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Jan 29 2007 - 01:16 PM) 826350332[/snapback]

Calm down Balller…we don’t have to argue Omar’s point; his game is speaking for itself right now. You will never convince some of the non believers/heaters. They will probably continue to be non believers/heaters regardless of what you or I say until the first time they see Omar on primetime TV puttin the jumper in someone’s mouth. Then they’ll be trying to find out where they can buy his jersey.

thats true, Everyone is just hating on the kid because he is better than anyone on their teams. Maybe those that are jealous should get out and work harder. It might not be their fault they arent as tall but hey Earl boynkins can do it so maybe they just need to work harder if they wanna play basketball. Omar is a very good player, he could use some tweaks, but hey who cant. Cant wait to see someone from the Big 9 playin on ESPN.

QUOTE(volunteerfan23 @ Jan 29 2007 - 08:23 AM) 826349984[/snapback]

Complete Domination by Science Hill! Omar shut down Wiggins and made him really look bad. The Devils were outhustled and outplayed in every phase of the game Saturday night. Congrats to the Toppers for being ready and playing one heck of a game. The Devils looked like a deer in the headlights from start to finish. Wiggins will bounce back he is a really good player, Coach Duncan will not let this get the Devils down and it might have been not a really bad thing for them to lose but it was a horrible loss. Omar hits a three to start the game and looks over at the bench and starts screaming, well I know he has hit a three before so he needs to act like it. Great player no doubt but was that necessary? If he wanted to scream it would have been better for him to start yelling over at his crowd to get them pumped up even more. I can honestly say if Wiggins had hit the first three of the game there is no way he would have ever screamed over at the bench. Sure Omar was fired up and he had them ready to go but I still see no need to act that way. At least he did shake hands after the game.....but they did win. I am not trying to knock Omar I have always thought he was very good but I would hope that if and when he plays at Georgetown he would represent East Tennessee with class.

The three he hit was from NBA range... the kid was pumped for the biggest game of the year... and he was not yelling at the greeneville bench he was yelling at his team... please stop all this class crap.... and TO ALL THE CENTRAL FANS WHO WROTE five pages about how bad of a sport he was and put a video up there.... i was informed today that the first kid called him a sand ni**er... the kid should have been decked... not wattad getting criticized...

QUOTE(heatplaya @ Jan 29 2007 - 06:48 PM) 826350737[/snapback]

The three he hit was from NBA range... the kid was pumped for the biggest game of the year... and he was not yelling at the greeneville bench he was yelling at his team... please stop all this class crap.... and TO ALL THE CENTRAL FANS WHO WROTE five pages about how bad of a sport he was and put a video up there.... i was informed today that the first kid called him a sand ni**er... the kid should have been decked... not wattad getting criticized...

The video doesn't lie, nobody said anything. A bad sport when he gets beat, just ask the Central seniors from last year at the end of the District Championship game.

QUOTE(heatplaya @ Jan 29 2007 - 06:48 PM) 826350737[/snapback]

I don't know how accurate this statement is, but I wouldn't put that past a player from Central... if you recall there was an uproar where a player allegedly called a kid from Red Bank the "N" word during the Double Tree Roundball at the Palace... fyi...just because the tape doesn't show it, doesn't mean it didn't happen prior to the video... IF someone did call Wattad a {EXPLITIVE} he should be glad that Omar chose to walk away instead of confront him. Besides the Central video "CLIP" what evidence do you have of Wattad being "classless?" Him hyping up his own crowd, or him giving credit to his teammates and Coach almost everytime he's quoted in the papers. Or maybe him telling the papers that his opponent (Wiggins) whom he destroyed, was a "high major player and a high major person," Sure sounds like the cocky self-serving guy I see described on a littany of posts on this board... Honestly its high time East TN supports ALL of its successful players.. I mean why does everyone want to tear Omar down? It must be everyone is sick of him being a better player than them.

QUOTE(BroadwayBaller @ Jan 29 2007 - 09:09 PM) 826350886[/snapback]

Him hyping up his own crowd, or him giving credit to his teammates and Coach almost everytime he's quoted in the papers. Or maybe him telling the papers that his opponent (Wiggins) whom he destroyed, was a "high major player and a high major person,"

So by giving credit to the coaches you mean like when he is getting beat by about 15 points to Central he looks at the ETSU players in the stands, shakes his head and says "It's all coaching." Is that the credit you are talking about?

Maybe he just acts like this against Central. We will see when DB plays SH because I don't see SH beating them.

QUOTE(BroadwayBaller @ Jan 29 2007 - 09:09 PM) 826350886[/snapback]

I don't know how accurate this statement is, but I wouldn't put that past a player from Central... if you recall there was an uproar where a player allegedly called a kid from Red Bank the "N" word during the Double Tree Roundball at the Palace... fyi...just because the tape doesn't show it, doesn't mean it didn't happen prior to the video... IF someone did call Wattad a {EXPLITIVE} he should be glad that Omar chose to walk away instead of confront him. Besides the Central video "CLIP" what evidence do you have of Wattad being "classless?"

None of that is true, obviously you were out of town to see the game. You must have missed Omar trying his best not to shake our players hands after we handed it to him at Districts. Or maybe when Omar let Phillip Weatherford have it right at the final seconds? We aren't just throwing these things out of thin air. I really want to root for him because he is around here and going to Georgetown, but we've beaten him the past 2 out of 3 times. And everytime he's been a jerk.

QUOTE(brock20 @ Jan 29 2007 - 07:53 AM) 826349965[/snapback]

This would be a good argument if you actually had some facts to back it up. When was the last time a AAA state winner came from the Knoxville area? I bet it is longer than 95. And your argument that a "Far East" team usually gets beat bad at state may be true, but they at least made it to the state by beating a Knoxville team.

Also, Science Hill did not play Raleigh-Egypt last year in the state because SH did not make it to state. Get your facts straight on here before you make an argument.

Oh - meant to say Beardon not Science Hill - I'm still thinkng about the SH/Greeneville post topic. Lets see - last AAA winner from the east was Cleveland in 97. Then there was runner up Bradley Central in 03. Bradley Central has another shot this year.