Science Hill Destroys Greeneville

greenedevilfan91

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Jan 29 2007 - 09:51 AM) 826350069[/snapback]

Just for your information, Powell got BLASTED by Greeneville last year in the Sectional round by 22 points. And it was Bearden that Raleigh Egypt wore out in Murfreesboro last year in the first round. You simple have no argument. I could rattle off the names of some pretty good players...my question was, are any of these players ranked that you mentioned as Wattad and Wiggins are? From the looks of your last reply, you should probably ask for some help with your research.

Powell lucked out last year making it to the playoffs. They are much better this year though with Connor averaging about 26 points per game. I would put him up against Wiggins or Wattad. Besides, its a tem game, we should be focusing on that.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Know Nothing @ Jan 29 2007 - 01:31 PM) 826350352[/snapback]

I had not heard that and I think that it is excellent news. Wattad is a very nice player and I did not mean to imply that he did not deserve a scholarship to Georgetown. I'm glad it has worked out for him.

I lot of talk in Knoxville has centered around Oak Ridge and Maryville this year, but don't be surprised if Powell, Halls or Farragut end up in Sectionals. It is very competitive in Knoxville this year. You have to like Powell's chances because they have the best player in the area (Conner). Halls has five senior starters and the best pg in East Tennessee. Farragut is senior-laden as well with good size and shooting ability. I think that Oak Ridge is not very deep and not good form the perimeter, but very athletic. Maryville I will see for the first time tonight.

Your right there is alot of competition. I like Halls chances but probably Farragut or even Beardon even better. Oak Ridge, who game from 9 points behind to beat Maryville tonite 54-48, also has a shot. In the far east - I'd take D-B I suppose.

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Jan 29 2007 - 09:51 AM) 826350069[/snapback]

Just for your information, Powell got BLASTED by Greeneville last year in the Sectional round by 22 points. And it was Bearden that Raleigh Egypt wore out in Murfreesboro last year in the first round. You simple have no argument. I could rattle off the names of some pretty good players...my question was, are any of these players ranked that you mentioned as Wattad and Wiggins are? From the looks of your last reply, you should probably ask for some help with your research.

One more thing. Since I am making an argument that the central east teams are stronger than the far east teams, why would I make a deliberate error (saying Science Hill made the State last year instead of Beardon).

No offense, but the fact that you would ask me if these folks are rated versus Wiggins/Wattad tells me you are not very knowledgable of High school bb.

QUOTE(heatplaya @ Jan 29 2007 - 06:48 PM) 826350737[/snapback]

The three he hit was from NBA range... the kid was pumped for the biggest game of the year... and he was not yelling at the greeneville bench he was yelling at his team... please stop all this class crap.... and TO ALL THE CENTRAL FANS WHO WROTE five pages about how bad of a sport he was and put a video up there.... i was informed today that the first kid called him a sand ni**er... the kid should have been decked... not wattad getting criticized...

Yep big game, yep it was from NBA range, yep he nailed it and it was a start to an awesome night. BUT yep he was yelling at the Greeneville bench and crowd, directly at them. I have never doubted his game and I don't know about all this class crap as you called it but as I said when he goes to Georgetown I hope he represents East Tennessee with class. I would hate to hear Billy Packer say that "Boy that was uncalled for" or something just after announcing that he is from Johnson City, Tennessee.

QUOTE(BroadwayBaller @ Jan 29 2007 - 09:09 PM) 826350886[/snapback]

I don't know how accurate this statement is, but I wouldn't put that past a player from Central... if you recall there was an uproar where a player allegedly called a kid from Red Bank the "N" word during the Double Tree Roundball at the Palace... fyi...just because the tape doesn't show it, doesn't mean it didn't happen prior to the video... IF someone did call Wattad a {EXPLITIVE} he should be glad that Omar chose to walk away instead of confront him. Besides the Central video "CLIP" what evidence do you have of Wattad being "classless?" Him hyping up his own crowd, or him giving credit to his teammates and Coach almost everytime he's quoted in the papers. Or maybe him telling the papers that his opponent (Wiggins) whom he destroyed, was a "high major player and a high major person," Sure sounds like the cocky self-serving guy I see described on a littany of posts on this board... Honestly its high time East TN supports ALL of its successful players.. I mean why does everyone want to tear Omar down? It must be everyone is sick of him being a better player than them.

And exactly who do you think invented trash talking? Give it a rest. It slices both ways. Ever stand on the side line of a football game? The words fly both directions and ALL colors! These little boys are going to have to get a thicker skin if they think they can play at the next level. What are they going to do when the entire student body of Cameron Crazies are in their face? Remember the Phil Ford incident and "have you driven a Ford lately?" That is just one example. Do you honestly believe words were only exchanged at the end of the SH/CHS game?? Excuses. The coaches and refs are to blame for allowing trash talk. Too much NBA and NFL.

QUOTE(Anthony17 @ Jan 29 2007 - 11:09 PM) 826351107[/snapback]

Oh - meant to say Beardon not Science Hill - I'm still thinkng about the SH/Greeneville post topic. Lets see - last AAA winner from the east was Cleveland in 97. Then there was runner up Bradley Central in 03. Bradley Central has another shot this year.

I’m still trying to figure out what planet you’re on. If I’m not mistaken we were comparing Knoxville’s talent (Region 2) with the “Far East” (Region 1). These are the two regions that compete in the State Sectionals to see who will go to state from this area. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but neither Bradley Central nor Cleveland are in these two regions and they aren’t considered to be “in the Knoxville area”…nice try though.

Maybe this will enlighten you a little because is seems as if you must have forgot. I got this information straight from the TSSAA website. You should visit that site then maybe you will see that your argument about the "far East" doesn't hold water.

These are the names of the schools from these two regions and the number of times that they have played in the state tournament in the last 8 years.

Region 1

Tennessee High-3

Greenville-3

Science Hill-3

Dobyns Bennett-2

Region 2

Oak Ridge-2

Clinton-1

Bearden-2

Of course, you go back 4 years earlier you will see Science Hill's back-to-back State Championships in 94’ and 95’...and that's just two of the three they have.

QUOTE(DBWATCHDOG @ Jan 30 2007 - 08:46 AM) 826351375[/snapback]

And exactly who do you think invented trash talking? Give it a rest. It slices both ways. Ever stand on the side line of a football game? The words fly both directions and ALL colors! These little boys are going to have to get a thicker skin if they think they can play at the next level.

Thicker skin or better home training…which would you prefer? Some words aren’t acceptable in any arena. Wouldn’t you agree?

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Jan 30 2007 - 12:52 PM) 826351617[/snapback]

I’m still trying to figure out what planet you’re on. If I’m not mistaken we were comparing Knoxville’s talent (Region 2) with the “Far East” (Region 1). These are the two regions that compete in the State Sectionals to see who will go to state from this area. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but neither Bradley Central nor Cleveland are in these two regions and they aren’t considered to be “in the Knoxville area”…nice try though.

Maybe this will enlighten you a little because is seems as if you must have forgot. I got this information straight from the TSSAA website. You should visit that site then maybe you will see that your argument about the "far East" doesn't hold water.

These are the names of the schools from these two regions and the number of times that they have played in the state tournament in the last 8 years.

Region 1

Tennessee High-3

Greenville-3

Science Hill-3

Dobyns Bennett-2

Region 2

Oak Ridge-2

Clinton-1

Bearden-2

Of course, you go back 4 years earlier you will see Science Hill's back-to-back State Championships in 94’ and 95’...and that's just two of the three they have.

Cap1 --

Just when I got over it, you have to go and bring up 1994 Science Hill. They ended my Senior year at Powell that year with a 112-46 beat down in substate. I have never been a part of a game before or since where two fairly evenly matched teams played such a lobsided game. Those guys were incredible that night. Jovon Johnson, Rob Williams, Oderious Williams and Andy Harmon lived in my nightmares for several years.

QUOTE(mocs30 @ Jan 30 2007 - 03:41 PM) 826351834[/snapback]

Cap1 --

Just when I got over it, you have to go and bring up 1994 Science Hill. They ended my Senior year at Powell that year with a 112-46 beat down in substate. I have never been a part of a game before or since where two fairly evenly matched teams played such a lobsided game. Those guys were incredible that night. Jovon Johnson, Rob Williams, Oderious Williams and Andy Harmon lived in my nightmares for several years.

thats what greeneville will do to them next time the 2 meet...