Official Thread: Miss Basketball

CoachT

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Feb 2 2007 - 09:09 AM) 826355691[/snapback]

Kayla had several different offers, some bigger but none any better than where she's going, Union University. She will play for a National Championship and will play alot as a freshman. Coach Campbell is a great coach but much more than a coach. It seems like a perfect fit.

If it is a good fit for her, that is where she belongs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck!!!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TG24 @ Feb 2 2007 - 09:44 PM) 826356475[/snapback]

Angela Puleo from William Blount...the award goes to the best girls basketball PLAYER in AAA, not team. As much as I hate it, though, WB's record will play a factor in Angela getting or not getting Miss Basketball.

I completely agree. Although I'm not sure if they vote for the best player or the most valuable player. The two may not be the same. If she were to win, very few could argue against that.

QUOTE(2priceless @ Feb 2 2007 - 09:10 PM) 826356403[/snapback]

Tara Davis...averaging 24.9 pts per game. Is 73% at the FT line. Averages 6.2 rebounds a game. Averages 3.1 steals a game and leads the area in pts per game and steals per game.She has 70 steals this season.

Tara has signed with ETSU and is an honor student.

Davis is a great player, especially at her size. She is very athletic and fast. As far as the stats go, they are quite impressive. One thing though, the Evans kid at Clarksville-Northeast is averging nearly 4 steals per game at 3.8 and Mandy Flake of Montgomery Central averages over 4 steals pg.

It has been 8 years since Gleason has even made a state tourney appearance. They have been ranked #1 in the polls several times since 1999. Most people feel that Kayla is very deserving of Miss Basketball. Yet most people in Gleason would trade a Miss Basketball award for an appearance in the boro. We are more concerned about a team award (state championship) than an individual award.

Kayla has signed with Union University. Someone ask why she didn't play Division I. Only one person in Gleason school history has played Division I (Ashley McElhiney). Kayla and all the Lady Bulldogs are going to have to step it up a notch if they get out of the region. It seems that many teams have had Kayla number when it comes to the regionals.

Good luck to Kayla and all the Gleason Lady Bulldogs. Everyone in Weakley Co. is pulling for you.

DEDICATED TO THE MEMORIES OF THE PALMERSVILLE PIRATES!

QUOTE(mdtennbasketball @ Feb 2 2007 - 09:44 AM) 826355752[/snapback]

Although I appreciate many folks nominating their local stars and citing "guts and heart of the team", I truly appreciate someone like GOVMAN who includes stats. That is why I nominate KAYCI FERRIS for AA Miss Basketball from Smith County.

Here are the stats for Kayci: 26 points per game, 16 rebounds per game, and 6 blocks per game. All these stats are verifiable with Smith County's Sports Information Director. All these stats are #1 in the state according to tennessean.com.

I have no official stats (because I do not believe state wide stats on triple doubles exist), but would be willing to bet that Kayci also leads the state in triple doubles. She has had about 8 games with "triple doubles". I would likewise be willing to bet she leads the state in games where she has had what I call "Triple Twenties". That is a game where she has scored a minimum of twenty points, had a minimum of twenty rebounds, and had a minimum of twenty blocks. Kayci had 3 games where she has had these "Triple Twenties". The most impressive of which was accomplished against Central Hardin High School of Kentucky (Ranked in the top 5 teams in Kentucky) where she had 35 points, 28 rebounds, and 22 blocks.

Kayci has accomplished these amazing individual statistics while playing in district 7AA, which is year in and year out one of the toughest districts in the state.

Kayci has also accomplished these stats with constant double and triple teamming from opponents.

Now to the non-statistical and the touchy feely, There is no other player in the state that alters the game opponents games plans, both offensively and defensively, than

22 blocks against a #5 team, thats unreal... that girl must be scouted heavily

No doubt she's Summit's next project...

Coach T, If she wins Miss Basketball, would this be a first as far as a Freshman getting the title? If so, WOW!

Can't help but root for this girl!!!!!

QUOTE(Afterlife @ Feb 3 2007 - 12:18 PM) 826356980[/snapback]

22 blocks against a #5 team, thats unreal... that girl must be scouted heavily

After careful review of many many stats and several observations I have determined that the following three Class A players should be finalists for 2006/2007 Ms. Basketball Class A.

Andrews (Collinwood)

Glidden (Richland)

Hudson (Gleason)

The actual selection of one of these three as Ms. Basketball is actually a flip of a 3-sided coin. Neither can be said to be better or worse than the others. They all have strong and weak points. To pick out one as being dominant over the other two is impossible. They all rate very high and almost identical no matter what formula is used when you consider each's strengths and weaknesses. All three should have good college careers.