Official Thread: Miss Basketball

CoachT

I did a little research via the Tennessean web site on the Jones girl from Westmoreland. She has led her team in scoring in all but four games (tying for the team lead three of those times). She has scored 20-plus five times and 15-plus 13 times. She has failed to reach double figures twice, both times finishing with nine points. She can shoot and take people off the drive. That only tells the scoring tale, but she's a very talented 1A basketball player. She should be considered.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not arguing with you, but you need to get off the plateau more often........

Before the year I would have voted for Poston over everyone in AA but I really don't think there is a clear cut favorite in AA. All of the folks you have mentioned are reasonable choices......add to that Poston and Roney and AA is wide-open. Any of the 5 would be good choices, but my vote would go to either Matthews or Roney.

Hey NOT SO- is Roney better at playing inside or going out on the perimeter??

It blows my mind that Mendenhall could miss anyone's list in AA. I am undoubtedly biased, but know enough about basketball to understand that this young lady is special. She would start for most boy's teams in the state. She is undefendable on offense and has become an outstanding on the ball defender. If you haven't seen her play you are missing out!

Anna Trull should be considered as much as anyone else. Being from 1A McKenzie won 't help, but she still is a great player. Last week, she surpassed 2000 points in her career. About half of those points came when McKenzie was in the AA classification. Not only can she score, she sees the floor well, makes great passes, plays aggressive defense, makes steals and rebounds. Most schools run their defense to try to stop her. Last night against West Carroll, for first place in the district race, she had a double double - 21 points and over 10 rebounds. In addition, she is a honor student and a person of great character. Sounds like Miss Basketball stuff to me.

AA

Mandy Mendenhall/Harpeth High School

Can't be stopped on offense. Averaged 27 points a game last year in the Region Tournament. She broke the single game scoring record last year at her high school. She was District MVP last year, as well. A great player who definately deserves a shot.

My question to the voters is why do u want our input? It never fails the award is going to go to someone in middle or west Tn.

Puleo is the best player in the state and has put up incredible numbers the fast 4 years. She is very deserving but will more than likely never get the credit she is do simply b/c she plays in east tn.

In DII Glory Johnson from Webb should be in the running also.