West Tenn Top 10

CoachD33

1. Milan (20-2). Lady Bulldogs finish with a four game week. Tonight with Westview and the season finale at TCA will test their ranking. Beat Crockett Co. & Gibson Co. (1)

2. Westview (22-4) Gutsy effort at Troy Tuesday gives Sean Stephenson’s Lady Chargers a shot at the 13AA title in tonight’s showdown. Lost to Gibson Co., beat Obion Co. (2)

3. Jackson Northside (21-1) Farris Lowery’s ladies must guard against an improving Middleton club Monday. Beat Munford, McNairy Co. & Covington. (4)

4. Obion Co. (22-3) Lady Rebs will likely finish 3rd in 13AA but still may emerge in Murfreesboro. Beat Dyersburg, lost to Westview. (3)

5. Gleason (24-0) Kayla Hudson & Crew conclude a perfect season this week. Beat Humboldt, Union City, & McKenzie. (5)

6. TCA (22-2) Lady Lions also close with four games this week, finishing at home with Milan. Beat JCS & Madison. (6)

7. McNairy Co. (19-5) Lady Bobcats easily top 20 wins in an easy upcoming seven days. Beat Lexington & Camden, lost to Jackson Northside (7)

8. Dyersburg (16-10) The 10 losses are by an average of 6 points per game with 9 to the Top 4. Will tune up for tourney with two district home games including likely 1st round opponent Gibson Co. Lost to Obion Co., beat Dyer Co. (8)

9. Lexington (16-8) Tight 12AA race will have an exciting eight days ahead. Southside comes to town Tuesday. Beat Bolivar, lost to McNairy Co. (10)

10. Greenfield (18-5) Not the best of weeks for the Lady Jackets. Need to finish strong to clinch 14A two-seed and carry momentum into the postseason. Beat Bradford, lost to Dresden. (9)

Honorable Mention: Gibson Co., Jackson Southside, Liberty, Middleton, Scotts Hill

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NoPainNoGain

QUOTE(Little Joe @ Feb 2 2007 - 08:37 AM) 826355657[/snapback]

I would have dropped Dyersburg out completely...they have not won a game yet against the top teams in 13AA...Gibson County has...seems like everyone in 13AA is playing better but Dyersburg yet they remain top 10?? I don't think so...

I agree that Dyersburg has not earned the right to be recognized as a top team. They have underachieved probably more than any other team. Greenfield should take their place as Greenfield has done it on the court including taking Gleason to the limit.

Now with that said, I still content that Dyersburg could beat any team in the loaded 13AA if they ever played to their potential.

didn't your folks tell you to "Just Say No" to drugs

guys you can penalize NSide all you want for their schedule, but it doesn't take away from the fact they are head and shoulders above the 13AA teams

need i remind you NWH that you had the same antiJNS biased rankings last year and need i remind you what NSide did to your precious 13AA, Milan (spank), Gibson (spank), Obion (spank), in succession

13 AA is good don't get me wrong, but it is a fight to be #1 or #3 seed from that district tourney to have ANY shot at the Boro

QUOTE(3pointer @ Feb 2 2007 - 11:36 PM) 826356664[/snapback]

didn't your folks tell you to "Just Say No" to drugs

guys you can penalize NSide all you want for their schedule, but it doesn't take away from the fact they are head and shoulders above the 13AA teams

need i remind you NWH that you had the same antiJNS biased rankings last year and need i remind you what NSide did to your precious 13AA, Milan (spank), Gibson (spank), Obion (spank), in succession

13 AA is good don't get me wrong, but it is a fight to be #1 or #3 seed from that district tourney to have ANY shot at the Boro

First of all, I am not "penalizing" Northside for their schedule. It's just a fact that they have not played the level of competition the others have so it makes it harder to compare. In last week's rankings I defended by comparing the one common opponent the four have, Dyersburg. Margins of victory are virtually identical and both Northside wins were early before Holloway was 100%. Westivew also compared to Northside in games with McNairy & Liberty. So to say that I have a 13AA bias or that Northside is "head & shoulders" above the others is purely subjective. An opinion you are entitled to but cannot be backed with facts.

As far as last years "spankings," they beat Milan 10, Gibson Co. 10, & Obion Co. 3. Wins but not "spankings." That was then and this is now. Northside no doubt has the potential to emerge as Region 7AA champ again, as do at least three 13AA teams. I wish them the best of luck but I assure you I work very hard to be objective in my rankings, as I do my vote in the AP Poll that some people trash due to other pollsters lack of homework. Polls & rankings are for discussion, championships are won on the court. I have created discussion so I have accomplished my object. Just don't get personal with bias accusations.

At what point do you look at tradition and past success? Here's a fact. Over the past 5 seasons North Side has compiled a record of 133-10. They have been to state the past three years, two of which were in AAA. Their schedule may not be the toughest but lets face it, these girls get it done. And as far as I am concerned until somebody knocks them off the top, they are at the top.

QUOTE(The Hermit @ Feb 3 2007 - 05:04 PM) 826357218[/snapback]

At what point do you look at tradition and past success? Here's a fact. Over the past 5 seasons North Side has compiled a record of 133-10. They have been to state the past three years, two of which were in AAA. Their schedule may not be the toughest but lets face it, these girls get it done. And as far as I am concerned until somebody knocks them off the top, they are at the top.

What does tradition and past success have to do with current rankings? Peabody & Bradford have had tradition & past success in recent years and are currently 7th & 8th in their district. Teams should be judged, good or bad, on what they've done.