7-AA, MVP & Coach of the Year

ForLoveOfTheGame

Might as well get it started. Who are your picks for 7AA MVP and Coach of the Year? Remember, we are praising those who have done well, not bashing anyone. So, don't be negative. Lets keep the thread open.

I know that I am a LA fan, but thats not why I am going the way I am.

MVP-Chase Dunn-LA: This kid has been unstopable all year long. His average points per game has to be close to 20. But, not only can he score, he is vital to his teams success. He gets everyone involved. Take him away from the Wildcats and I am not sure if they win 5 games all year. Thus, he is the "Most Valuable Player".

Coach of the year- Richard Melton-LA: I am not choosing him just because he is winning and coaching one of the top teams in the district either. This is a young coach who has a VERY young team. He lost alot of talent last year. Lost several starters. He only has 1 senior on the team this year and only 2 juniors. The rest are all sopmores and freshmen. That is a young team. This young coach has led his very young team to the top of the district once again. He has his team in a great position to win their region this year. That is why he is my "Coach of the Year".

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ForLoveOfTheGame @ Feb 2 2007 - 11:56 AM) 826355932[/snapback]

Might as well get it started. Who are your picks for 7AA MVP and Coach of the Year? Remember, we are praising those who have done well, not bashing anyone. So, don't be negative. Lets keep the thread open.

MVP-Chase Dunn-LA: This kid has been unstopable all year long. His average points per game has to be close to 20. But, not only can he score, he is vital to his teams success. He gets everyone involved. Take him away from the Wildcats and I am not sure if they win 5 games all year. Thus, he is the "Most Valuable Player".

Coach of the year- Richard Melton-LA: I am not choosing him just because he is winning and coaching one of the top teams in the district either. This is a young coach who has a VERY young team. He lost alot of talent last year. Lost several starters. He only has 1 senior on the team this year and only 2 juniors. The rest are all sopmores and freshmen. That is a young team. This young coach has led his very young team to the top of the district once again. He has his team in a great position to win their region this year. That is why he is my "Coach of the Year".

Dunn MVP

Ernie Coach

QUOTE(ForLoveOfTheGame @ Feb 2 2007 - 11:56 AM) 826355932[/snapback]

I agree with all of that...

QUOTE(mrbasketball @ Feb 2 2007 - 12:54 PM) 826356029[/snapback]

Dunn MVP

Martin/Welch co-coaches of the year

Just an opinion but I think Dunn because of his ability to create offense and score on any defense that has been thrown at him. I have seen pretty much all his games and I think everyone in the district has a hard time guarding him.

On Welch and Martin I think maybe because these guys have developed their programs into teams that can beat anybody in this district. I saw the Macon v Livingston game and we trailed the whole game and they took us to OT before we pulled it out. Since Welch has been at Macon they have made strides every year and I believe they are 17-7 this year playing York tonight to get to third place possible. Martin has done the same. He is a great game coach from what I have seen and gets the most out of his team. I hate to put words in anyone's mouth but it's just my opinion. Honestly, I think for Coach of the Year you could put all seven coaches in a hat and draw. From top to bottom, this district is as balanced as I have seen it in years. If you look at Cannon Co, they have several losses by just a few points in the District. The tournament will be fun this year and can't wait to see it.

Dunn... By far the player of the year. He is the player I have noticed having the most effect on the games LA plays.

Coach... I say Welch would be a fine pick. Macon started off slow, but has picked it up as of late. A lot of that is due to the coach keeping morale high I would say.

Bass- DeKalb

Welch/ Martin Also

If Dekalb dont have bass they are down toward the bottom in the district. Also, each time dunn has played DeKalb they have held him in check with 13 and 12. While bass has scored more than him both times.

Martin/ Welch

Welch for Macon has his team Peaking at the right time and has come from behind both times to beat them by 1 , and that shows he has his players mentally tough which is a hard thing for a choach to do. While DeKalb's Martin is just an all round good coach, but for some reason his players arent playing hard, but i dont think it is him. He has split with upperman and livingston. Also welch lost stinson and DeKalb lost hooper and Randolph they are both fairly young with having very few seniors

only reason dunn had 12 the last dekalb game is he was hurt and played limited mins, Dunn MVP averagin 20+ a game, Melton coach of the year, doing what hes done with one senior and 2 juniors an the rest underclassmen, find another coach in the district that can do that, and like he has done it