7-AA, MVP & Coach of the Year

ForLoveOfTheGame

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Z King of D Swing @ Feb 5 2007 - 03:03 PM) 826359431[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure the coaches vote on all the awards. Melton I would say is well deserving of the award, as are a couple others, Martin and Welch to. I would say a reason for him possibly not getting it, is that most expected his team to be about where they are, while no one really thought Macon or DC would be as good as they are.

I think I heard early in the season that DC was picked to be in the top 3. Possibly #1. And as for Macon what have they really done???

QUOTE(bfan @ Feb 6 2007 - 08:34 AM) 826360203[/snapback]

I think I heard early in the season that DC was picked to be in the top 3. Possibly #1. And as for Macon what have they really done???

Macon started off slow, but has gotten better. I believe DC was picked any where from 3rd to 5th. Macon's overall record is good, but district record doesn't show how good their team is.

QUOTE(Z King of D Swing @ Feb 6 2007 - 10:43 AM) 826360366[/snapback]

Macon started off slow, but has gotten better. I believe DC was picked any where from 3rd to 5th. Macon's overall record is good, but district record doesn't show how good their team is.

Your right, their overall record isn't bad. But.....

They have a schedule rank of 95. (that means they aren't playing many tough teams

10 of their victories have came from 1A schools, and 4 of those have been close games. They have the weakest schedule in the district according to CoachT.

With Upperman having the next weakest.

QUOTE(Overton County Fan @ Feb 6 2007 - 10:45 PM) 826361424[/snapback]

Your right, their overall record isn't bad. But.....

They have a schedule rank of 95. (that means they aren't playing many tough teams

10 of their victories have came from 1A schools, and 4 of those have been close games. They have the weakest schedule in the district according to CoachT.

With Upperman having the next weakest.

Yea, thats true. I wasn't around 7AA bball much last year, who won the Coach of the year for this district last season?

Yes, Upperman has 5 seniors. 4 of them start and one comes off the bench some. They don't have any juniors. However they do play 4 - 5 sophmores. That class is pretty good too.

Being a Bee fan it hurts but you have to give the MVP to the best player off of probably the best team and I would definitely give it to Chase Dunn. He does a whole lot for that team.

However, My coach of the year goes to McWilliams. He is a unbelievably smart basketball coach. To tell you the truth he doesn't have a whole lot of talent on that team, just some athletes who are really more concerned and ready to start baseball season. He has his team in the position of possibly getting a #1 seed in the tournament. I just don't think you can overlook that. Melton has done well also I agree. Just think his talent level and players are better than Uppermans. As for Martin, no way he wins. Sorry won't happen again this year.

Chase Dunn - MVP

Bobby McWilliams - Coach of the Year

I think that Chase Dunn and Coach Melton both proved that they are the best in the district. Maybe even the region. Dunn is amazing to watch. Imagine if the kid was taller.... Coach Melton knows his basketball, but more importantly he loves the game and has a passion to win. That roles over into the players and makes for a sweet basketball team.

QUOTE(Overton County Fan @ Feb 10 2007 - 01:51 AM) 826365956[/snapback]

I think that Chase Dunn and Coach Melton both proved that they are the best in the district. Maybe even the region. Dunn is amazing to watch. Imagine if the kid was taller.... Coach Melton knows his basketball, but more importantly he loves the game and has a passion to win. That roles over into the players and makes for a sweet basketball team.

not to say the kid wouldnt be great if he was taller but trust me when you get taller its alot harder to handle the ball as good as you do when you are shorter but just thrownin that in there but he definitly gets MVP