State Duals

BuckLateral

QUOTE(MatWizard87 @ Feb 4 2007 - 06:00 PM) 826358352[/snapback]

i don't understand why people thought that bradley central wasn't going to amount to anything this year. Bradley is Bradley. they have their number 1's that are great wrestlers and then their number 2's who are just as good. When they beat soddy earlier in the season that made a bunch of people start talking about bradley was gonna win it all once again. But now that they didn't, the people start popping up saying "oh good job guys, no one thought you were going to make it this far." i don't want to hear any of that. Everyone knew they would make it as far as they did, if not win it. Got Tradition????

I can't fiqure out if this is ridicule or a compliment. Guess I can't get past another post you made a while back....see below.

We'll just take it as a compliment....Thanks

QUOTE(MatWizard87 @ Jan 30 2007 - 06:59 PM) 826352089[/snapback]

... as much as i dislike bradley central wrestling you can never count them out of being in the finals...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was sort of a question as to why people would say or think " i can't believe bradley made it as far as they did". As many times as ya'll have won state and the studs ya'll have this year (even though some of the other studs weren't able to participate this season), there never should have been any doubt as to whether or not you were going to the finals and quite possibly winning it. Bradley always fills a squad of great wrestlers. I think it was maybe last year or the year before that the word was " Bradley's down this year" and they still manage to at the very least get to the finals of duals or win the individual tournament. I'd just like to know the definition of a down year for Bradley?

QUOTE(MatWizard87 @ Feb 4 2007 - 11:27 PM) 826358667[/snapback]

... I'd just like to know the definition of a down year for Bradley?

LOL...2nd is a down year. Soddy was the better team this year and congrats to them. They are good people.

After the state tournament we'll go back to work and see if we can figure out a way to beat Ooltewah. They Owls will be the team to beat next year.

QUOTE(television @ Feb 4 2007 - 04:15 PM) 826358271[/snapback]

I am pretty sure that Bradley is the "Bradley of East Tennessee"

They are becoming an icon, man!!

Congrats to Steve L. for making a lemon into a lemonaide in 2007. Coach of the year honors must be considered after losing some heavy hitters and coming so close. I'm still in shock over Jan. 18th!!!

QUOTE(PRIMETIME OWL @ Feb 5 2007 - 09:22 AM) 826358986[/snapback]

WAY TO GO OWLS!

Congrats to Weathers and Gilbert for a hard fought, yet an expected 3rd place finish. And to Miller and Lester @ Tullahoma* for a surprising 6th place finish over some quality opponents!!

* Heck, just getting by Oakland and Warren Co. in regions was impressive and then this!!!

QUOTE(soms @ Feb 5 2007 - 09:48 AM) 826358941[/snapback]

They are becoming an icon, man!!

Congrats to Steve L. for making a lemon into a lemonaide in 2007. Coach of the year honors must be considered after losing some heavy hitters and coming so close. I'm still in shock over Jan. 18th!!!

i disagree with giving him coach of the year. He is the leader of a very strong program. I think that honor should be given to a coach who took his team further than they've been in a long time or ever. there needs to be encouragement for coaches of programs that don't get as much recognition as they should and had an excellent season this year, even though they didnt win state. this does not by any means take away from logsdon.

QUOTE(soms @ Feb 5 2007 - 10:46 AM) 826359014[/snapback]

Congrats to Weathers and Gilbert for a hard fought, yet an expected 3rd place finish. And to Miller and Lester @ Tullahoma* for a surprising 6th place finish over some quality opponents!!

* Heck, just getting by Oakland and Warren Co. in regions was impressive and then this!!!

Don't forget Coach Ryan Cooper, Ooltewah's assistant. He is the grease in the axle of the Ooltewah team. What a work horse. He and Weathers seem to work very well together, and a great partnership at that.

QUOTE(MatWizard87 @ Feb 5 2007 - 02:05 PM) 826359358[/snapback]

i disagree with giving him coach of the year. He is the leader of a very strong program. I think that honor should be given to a coach who took his team further than they've been in a long time or ever. there needs to be encouragement for coaches of programs that don't get as much recognition as they should and had an excellent season this year, even though they didnt win state. this does not by any means take away from logsdon.

good points!! just my opinion based on overcoming hardship.

QUOTE(lullkop @ Feb 5 2007 - 06:15 PM) 826359628[/snapback]

Don't forget Coach Ryan Cooper, Ooltewah's assistant. He is the grease in the axle of the Ooltewah team. What a work horse. He and Weathers seem to work very well together, and a great partnership at that.