Wartburg

knight2

I think it's nice to see that you are so interested in the girls. You bring this topic up again the night before the biggest game of their season. You should let this go for now and focus on cheering on our kids tomorrow night.

The fact is when the job came open many of the parents asked jason to apply. I can't see how it is his fault that he was the only one that did.

You're criteria for selecting a coach is somewhat flawed also...I mean Marcum has a losing HS record and Tonya's is dismal. I can't imaging that Jason won't be more successful than they have been to this point.

There is no debate anyway. Dallas recommended him and he was hired. So he will be the coach next year. It's time to get behind the kids and let everyone move on. If you want your kid to play for Marcum or Tonya then send them on! The rest of the kids are looking forward to a great tournament run this year and a good season next year. Time to drop IT and MOVE ON!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(charliemurphy @ Feb 14 2007 - 07:50 PM) 826372071[/snapback]

Clinton I think....

I wanted to check on Marcum and Snyder's records since leaving middle school since it seems sportsmom25 feels they would be a better fit in Wartburg.

Over the last 2 seasons Snyder is 11-43 and Marcum is 18-30! I find that amazing!! They are both no doubt very good coaches, but their middle school records and championships have not helped them very much in High School. Sportsmom25 you should remember jason won everything they did except for the TMSAA championship 9 points short in the finals to O.S. Not bad considering the coach he lost to was 66-1 during his final 3 seasons at O.S.

Incidentally, when they went looking for a new coach over there they skipped Bilyeu for the school Nurse! Now, if you want to talk about playing politics..........

I had heard that Terry Coker was the other option for girl's head coach if jason turned it down! What did he win in Middle School? I think they finished no better than 3rd the entire time he was there!

First off, Coach Marcum is not interested in the job. I asked and he said "no I'm Home." "I love those people but I'm home."

Next he has won 21 games in two years for us that is more than we had won in many years put together. With young players without any experience and we are returning everyone next year.

Third everyone knows his record, everywhere he has been he has won. He never didn't win a county championship here, there or from what I understand any school he has been. And if I'm not wrong he won TMSAA champoinship at Wartburg. And to just look at his record here is crazy considering the shape the program was in. We now feel like we are gonna win every night.

Last, when I told himwhat was on here he laughed and said "I am friends with all of the Davis's and they know I'm happy." He wishes his name was not in this because it causes the other coaches problems. He was not interviewed, is not interested, and only wishes everyone the best. I personally could see why some would want him back. 1. He is dedicated. 2. Loves and knows the game. 3. Wants what is best for the kids. 4. WINS! So don't worry about discussing it he's not leaving, WE WON'T LET HIM!!

QUOTE(redlander55 @ Feb 14 2007 - 11:03 PM) 826372232[/snapback]

First off, Coach Marcum is not interested in the job. I asked and he said "no I'm Home." "I love those people but I'm home."

Next he has won 21 games in two years for us that is more than we had won in many years put together. With young players without any experience and we are returning everyone next year.

Third everyone knows his record, everywhere he has been he has won. He never didn't win a county championship here, there or from what I understand any school he has been. And if I'm not wrong he won TMSAA champoinship at Wartburg. And to just look at his record here is crazy considering the shape the program was in. We now feel like we are gonna win every night.

Last, when I told himwhat was on here he laughed and said "I am friends with all of the Davis's and they know I'm happy." He wishes his name was not in this because it causes the other coaches problems. He was not interviewed, is not interested, and only wishes everyone the best. I personally could see why some would want him back. 1. He is dedicated. 2. Loves and knows the game. 3. Wants what is best for the kids. 4. WINS! So don't worry about discussing it he's not leaving, WE WON'T LET HIM!!

Wife, girlfriend, or mom?

I SAID NOTHING ABOUT MARCUM OR SNYDER BEING A BETTER FIT FOR HIGH SCHOOL OR WANTING THEM IN THE HIGH SCHOOL COACHING POSITION . I SAID THAT THEY WERE HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL AT CMS WHICH IS VERY TRUE. JASON HAD EVEN MORE TO WORK WITH AND HAS NOT HAD THE SUCCESS THEY HAD . SO I THINK HE NEEDS MORE TIME TO LEARN. THATS WHAT I SAID. STATED A TRUE FACT. LET ME ASK YOU IF YOUR BOSSES SON WANTS A JOB AND YOU ARE GETTING CLOSE TO RETIREMENT WOULD YOU GO AGAINST YOUR BOSS?I DONT THINK SO. ITS CALLED THE GOOD OLD BOYS WAY OF DOING THINGS AND IS STILL ALIVE AND WELL IN MORGAN CO. EVERY ONE KNEW WHO WAS GETTING THIS JOB IT DIDNT HAVE TO BE POSTED . AND FINALLY MY CHILD WILL NOT HAVE TO PLAY UNDER JASON. SHE HAS GRADUATED . BUT SOME DAY I WILL HAVE GRANDCHILDREN AND I STILL CARE ABOUT THE GIRLS THAT PLAY NOW AND WILL PLAY IN THE FUTURE. I WANT WHAT IS BEST FOR THEM. I THINK THEY SHOUD MOVE FORWARD NOT BACKWARD. I WISH THEM MUCH LUCK TONITE AND WILL BE CHEERING THEM ON . GO LADY DOGS AND KICK SOME COALFIED BUTT.

QUOTE(sportsmom25 @ Feb 15 2007 - 10:15 AM) 826372783[/snapback]

I SAID NOTHING ABOUT MARCUM OR SNYDER BEING A BETTER FIT FOR HIGH SCHOOL OR WANTING THEM IN THE HIGH SCHOOL COACHING POSITION . I SAID THAT THEY WERE HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL AT CMS WHICH IS VERY TRUE. JASON HAD EVEN MORE TO WORK WITH AND HAS NOT HAD THE SUCCESS THEY HAD . SO I THINK HE NEEDS MORE TIME TO LEARN. THATS WHAT I SAID. STATED A TRUE FACT. LET ME ASK YOU IF YOUR BOSSES SON WANTS A JOB AND YOU ARE GETTING CLOSE TO RETIREMENT WOULD YOU GO AGAINST YOUR BOSS?I DONT THINK SO. ITS CALLED THE GOOD OLD BOYS WAY OF DOING THINGS AND IS STILL ALIVE AND WELL IN MORGAN CO. EVERY ONE KNEW WHO WAS GETTING THIS JOB IT DIDNT HAVE TO BE POSTED . AND FINALLY MY CHILD WILL NOT HAVE TO PLAY UNDER JASON. SHE HAS GRADUATED . BUT SOME DAY I WILL HAVE GRANDCHILDREN AND I STILL CARE ABOUT THE GIRLS THAT PLAY NOW AND WILL PLAY IN THE FUTURE. I WANT WHAT IS BEST FOR THEM. I THINK THEY SHOUD MOVE FORWARD NOT BACKWARD. I WISH THEM MUCH LUCK TONITE AND WILL BE CHEERING THEM ON . GO LADY DOGS AND KICK SOME COALFIED BUTT.

Jason only had 1 dominant player the entire time he was at CMS and that year he didn't lose a county game 12-0. In the years since he hasn't had that dominating player to work with in all honesty.

Winegar and Longmire were the team in 05-06 and Winegar spent much of the season nursing a broken or twisted ankle. Seiber and Potter were not interested in playing hence they've quit already in High School

This past year he didn't have anyone over 5'3 and was still absent the dominant players that Marcum and Snyder had.

Marcum had McGhee

Snyder had Susak and Ridge

Believe it or not Jason has placed a sound foundation for the Middle School. I invite you to come watch my daughter win the county tournament and challenge for the area next year. The past 2 years while rebuilding Jason's still won more than his share of games.

Good Ole Boy System that's crazy! Maybe you would like to be a coach you seem quite capable of handling a team.

Did Mike or Jason do something to make you mad or something? You seem to hate Jason awfully bad. Maybe you should talk to him about your concerns he probably wouldn't discuss too much with you but it would be fun to see from a fan's standpoint. Fact is Jason knows his X's and O's, he is a good in game adjustment maker, and does have alot to learn. However, his upside is that he could anchor our program for quite some time. At any rate his record will attest to whether or not he's capable of doing the job!

Sportsmom25,

Stay on CoachT hide behind your screen name, but when next season begins and Jason's Girls are a winner you had better be on here to admit you're wrong! The proof will be in the pudding as they say!

The kids want him, most parents want him if dallas isn't coming back, so if things go wrong place the blame on him! But if they go well you've got to give him some credit!

As far as your stance goes, IT APPEARS THAT IT IS ONLY SOUR GRAPES TO ME! We tried to find Geno Aurema from UCONN for the job but he wasn't interested (guess he didn't want to move), our program is very good but it's not like we're talking Clarkrange here! We've won some Districts and had some very good seasons, but there is room for improvement even within our esteemed program! What if Jason is exactly what we need? I know he won't stay if he loses games, he is more competitive than anyone I've been around in basketball and I've been around it longer than you Sportsmom25

NO ONE DOMINIANT PLAYER MAKES A WINNING TEAM. MARCUM HAD MORE THAN MCCHEE AND SNYDER HAD MORE THAN SUSAK ASK THEM . THEY HAD SEVERAL INDIVIDUALS WHO WERE GOOD IN THEIR OWN RIGHT AND COLLECITVELY MADE WINNING TEAMS. BASKETBALL IS A TEAM SPORT. THE LAST SEVERAL YEARS THE MIDDLE SCHOOL TEAMS HAVE BEEN DEEP AND HAD MANY PLAYERS WHO COULD CONTRIBUTE MUCH DEEPER THAN IN THE PAST . MY JOB DOES NOT AFFORD ME THE ABILITY TO COACH BUT THANKS.

I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST MIKE OR JASON / MIKE IS A GREAT INDIVIDUAL AND I AM SURE JASON IS ALSO.. IF WANTING THE BEST FOR KIDS MAKES ME AN OGER SO BE IT . I WILL ACCEPT THAT, BUT WANTING MORE THAN

AVERAGE FOR A BUNCH OF DESERVING GIRLS IS A GOOD THING LAST I HEARD. IF I AM WRONG I WILL BE THE FIRST TO ADMIT IT . I HOPE I AM WRONG FOR THE GIRLS SAKE . WHAT SOUR GRAPES COULD I POSSIBLY HAVE ? WB MAY NOT BE A CLARKRANGE BUT WHY NO STRIVE TO GET THERE BY SETTING HIGHER STANDARDS. I MAY HAVE ONLY BEEN AROUND WARTBURG BASKETVALL FOR 23 YEARS BUT I BEEN AROUND THE GAME FOR 32+ WHY NOT EVOLVE WITH THE GAME ? AS FAR AS COMPETIVENESS AMONG COACHES IN THIS AREA I'D SAY THAT AWARD GOES TO THE LEGEND AND CHAD MARCUM. AND FINALLY I WILL SAY THAT I AM NOT HIDING BEHIND MY COACH T NAME AS SOME ARE FOR ANYONE WHOS IN THE LOOP OR BEEN ON HERE MORE THAN A COUPLE OF YEARS YOU KNOW WHO I AM . I BELIEVE WHAT I SAY AND SAY WHAT I BELIEVE. GO LADY DAWGS KNOW THAT I AM WITH YOU AND FOR YOU ALWAYS .

QUOTE(redlander55 @ Feb 15 2007 - 03:20 PM) 826373300[/snapback]1. I am a MAN. 2. You must be stalker, disgruntled ex, or just obsessed.

Nice Comeback!!!! I hate to hear about all this dissension in the Burg. I went to school there, played ball there and I've known Dallas Davis a long time. I don't even know Jason Davis so I won't pass judgement. I only hope that everything works out there and people put those kids' interests first above everything else!! Funny, I don't see such an uproar over the high school football coaching situation where God knows a change is needed!!!!

QUOTE(SCW86 @ Feb 20 2007 - 03:34 PM) 826381338[/snapback]Nice Comeback!!!! I hate to hear about all this dissension in the Burg. I went to school there, played ball there and I've known Dallas Davis a long time. I don't even know Jason Davis so I won't pass judgement. I only hope that everything works out there and people put those kids' interests first above everything else!! Funny, I don't see such an uproar over the high school football coaching situation where God knows a change is needed!!!!

The football coach is the School Superintends Cousin …Jason’s Dad…you get the picture SCW86?

Ya Know what your pretty stupid. Yeah Politics might have had something to do with it. But O.S would have lost a lot more than just a coach if that man had of gotten that job. Player input and everything was part of the decision! A Coach to g0 27-9 get a District Championship, and The First Region CHampionship in over 20 years, and make it to the state tournament in her first year isn't to shabby.