Brentwood Academy (19-2) vs. Liberty (25-3)

mfalc04

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Scatman @ Feb 5 2007 - 05:08 PM) 826359561[/snapback]

BA has played against better competition in the past 2-3 years. End of Story.

Looks like they did play competition tonight. yes, they did beat Union City but just by 2 points and Union City is a Single A team. Liberty could and would beat just about any team in the state in ALL 3 Classifications......

QUOTE(ucdiditagain @ Feb 5 2007 - 09:06 PM) 826359783[/snapback]

Looks like they did play competition tonight. yes, they did beat Union City but just by 2 points and Union City is a Single A team. Liberty could and would beat just about any team in the state in ALL 3 Classifications......

who won

QUOTE(matt86 @ Feb 5 2007 - 01:25 PM) 826359300[/snapback]

First things first, this will be an unbelievable game - arguably the state's two best teams.

All I've heard about this game is Liberty's schedule, strength of opponents, etc. I'll use the argument that Liberty fans have made to argue against them. Last year Mitchell played a "national schedule" must like BA did last year and Liberty this year. As we all know, Liberty outplayed and outcoached the much more "individually talented" Mitchell team playing more as team. Next, we can all agree that BA was incredible last year with Brandan and Josh, but having watched BA a couple of times last year I would say that their "team concept" was basically Brandan and Josh (no one can argue with that, as Brandan and Josh scored over half their points each game), with everyone else playing supporting roles. This year's team is much like Liberty's team last year - no real superstar, just a bunch of guys playing for each other, playing better team basketball than last year.

All that to say, opponents and strength of schedule pretty much mean nothing in this game because all of the players in this game will have played against unbelievable competition - and I would argue that these BA players have played better competition the past two years (Wayne Ellington, Gerald Henderson, Jamie Graham, Kemp and Chism, etc., and Brandan and Josh every day). Like someone said earlier, playing at Liberty isn't anything new to these guys, they've played in much more hostile environments.

It will be a great game with two great teams.

i told u so

QUOTE(nastysquad06 @ Feb 5 2007 - 01:16 PM) 826359284[/snapback]

Do not be shocked to see BA win by 5 points or so. They will always play up to their competition. Im not saying that it is guaranteed for in any matter, but instead going to be a battle. For the people saying that Liberty wins by 10+ you might be shocked.

BA got blasted

QUOTE(12yr.oldchamps @ Feb 5 2007 - 09:23 PM) 826359810[/snapback]

I witnessed my first Liberty game tonight and all I can say is WOW! They back up the hype with amazing ball handling, speed, and size.

They will not be denied. They could win it in all classes.

QUOTE(12yr.oldchamps @ Feb 5 2007 - 09:23 PM) 826359810[/snapback]

I witnessed my first Liberty game tonight and all I can say is WOW! They back up the hype with amazing ball handling, speed, and size.

This Liberty team is just on another level. On another thread I posted that I can't remember when there was such a clear cut favorite to win state in AA. Its Liberty and then everybody else.

This game was attractive at the start but that didn't last long at all...Liberty was clearly the best team in the state tonight...They took Brentwoods cookies...There were two spectacular plays one by Sampson the other by Sain, fast breaks with behind the back wrap around passes that resulted in scores the crowd went wild for both...Absolutely a near flawless performance by Liberty...If they continue at this level there is absolutely no team that can challenge them in the state of TN...Nuff said...

QUOTE(montague1 @ Feb 5 2007 - 09:39 PM) 826359841[/snapback]

This Liberty team is just on another level. On another thread I posted that I can't remember when there was such a clear cut favorite to win state in AA. Its Liberty and then everybody else.

Brother....you hit the nail on the head. "It's Liberty and then everybody else."

I had me a good ole time tonight.....well done Crusaders. You guys looked awesome tonight. "Ant".....you are killin' me!!!! Friday night do me a favor....Play "Bad To The Bone" when ya'll come out.... cause that's what ya'll are....B B B BAD....Bad To The Bone.