Ideal Girls Coach....

phx1best

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I have never coached beyond AAU ball, I am the best girls basketball coach around. Just can't give up my GovJob to take a team.

Yes, laugh about it. It does sound funny. But I may prove it one day.

I do not know him personally but I like the style of the Collinwood coach. The Wayne County coach appears to be good too but I would have to be around them more to pick.

I am in agreement. She is hard nosed...some people can't deal with that, it doesn't matter where you go. BUT, she is tough in a very positive way. She teaches her players to be mentally tough when it counts, when your tired tell yourself you aren't ...that sort of things. She is very smart, she coaches good tennessee basketball, and I think it's a shame she isn't on the floor somewhere right now.

QUOTE(8675309 @ Feb 8 2007 - 06:12 PM) 826364125[/snapback]

I am in agreement. She is hard nosed...some people can't deal with that, it doesn't matter where you go. BUT, she is tough in a very positive way. She teaches her players to be mentally tough when it counts, when your tired tell yourself you aren't ...that sort of things. She is very smart, she coaches good tennessee basketball, and I think it's a shame she isn't on the floor somewhere right now.

someone who agress with me finally...she pushed me even in the classroom, but I never took exception to her sterness. It was always for the good, and just wanted the best out of me. As she did in her players. Yet she was too "hard" on some and therefore is without a job.

I would take her to start my team any day, and hope she is back in her spot soon. In all due respect to Coach Wild, I will be happy the day I see Coach Crabtree back on the sidelines at FC

You amaze me 8675309...I don't think Coach Scroggins has anything to do with what you claim is a mess. Possibly 4 coaches, 4 principals, 4 AD's in the last 11 years has much to do with it. Coffee County girls havent been blessed with the entire combination of basketball talent, athleticism, size, & desire since the '93 state champs. Yes, here & there you had a glimpse but it takes more than 1 player to compete in 8-3A. Crabtree had some hard luck her last season; Benjamin getting hurt & having to face D-1 loaded state champ Shelbyville 4 times. The 5 teams that Scroggins has coached, possibly 3 girls had the desire to play at the next level, & the other ones, all great girls & with fair to decent ability but not enough to break the 3rd-5th place gray zone of the district. The girls don't play AAU, b-ball doesn't rule their lives like it does in more successful programs. Many girls are also multi-sport & play hoops because they like the game. You may not agree at all with this but that is okay. I'm just stating the facts. I would say any of CCHS's past coaches all are teachers of the game & fierce competitors too. Ask me how I know...