Mang/Logsdon/Bradley

ddb-76

Maybe we should sub the word dumb for jack . I have never mentioned anyone by name and never will. This is a board for questions to be asked and people to inform other people around the state. Whether people like it or not this is being talked about by many coaches and fans. I atleast asked without accusing at first. The Creegan guy has been around Bradley for awhile so I would think he would know whats going on. So I did assume when a meeting was held with David to discuss his future at Bradley before he was there that was called recruiting. Sorry to upset anyone. Maybe I miss understood.

fjkhdfk nvbuieuir8

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not directed to anyone but didn't Creagan say that David's dad approached Bradley not the other way around? So did David "recruit' a program that he was raised in and around, a program where his dad, brother, both wrestled, and where his sister is always on or near the front row cheering, and they have supported and been involved with their kids club for years. Yeah I can see where the program should get the "death penalty" for this. Well this horse is dead and as far as this thread goes all the stupid people are off the bus, so start walking maybe you'll catch up. Best of wishes for you David and your family, remember no one on here is perfect either.

Yeah thats right! To all you people that have a problem with dm coming to bradley....TOUGH SH!T. You can't do anything about it or anything else that goes on there. If you don't like it go down to their wrestling room and let them rough you up. Their wrestlers dont take crap and neither do their coaches. You wanna get whipped?

Here is the "undue influence" rule, word-for-word, from the 2006-2007 TSSAA handbook:

"A person or persons exceeding what is appropriate or normal and offering an incentive or inducement to a student with or without an athletic record."

It's clear that: (1) no one from Bradley was contacting the wrestler, (2) the wrestler was not offered any offered any "incentive or inducement," and (3) there are a few people lacking common sense if they don't understand that recruiting involves a school representative seeking out a student, not the other way around. After winning that many state championships (and enduring countless other unfounded accusations like this one), I'm sure legman understands the recruiting rules better than anyone.

Also, the wrestling community should be glad to have this kid back. He has made a mistake and has paid a higher price than so many of the pro athletes out there. Carmelo Anthony punches someone on national television and gets suspended for less than 20% of the season. Tank Johnson gets arrested (not the first time) and plays in the Super Bowl a couple of weeks later.

This is a KID, not a twenty-something year old man. He made a mistake, and suffered the consequences. It takes a great deal of character, not to mention the swallowing of a lot of pride, to come back after that punishment and rededicate himself to the team. We should learn from this situation to appreciate a quality coach who has proven that he values character over winning. And we should be glad that you can learn from your mistakes. How many of us would be in a world of trouble if someone hadn't forgiven us and given us a second chance somewhere along the line? Now, back to wrestling...isn't there a big tournament or something this week?

QUOTE(best_of_the_west @ Feb 15 2007 - 03:06 PM) 826373223[/snapback]

This is a KID, not a twenty-something year old man. He made a mistake, and suffered the consequences. It takes a great deal of character, not to mention the swallowing of a lot of pride, to come back after that punishment and rededicate himself to the team.

Well winning a state title in another state isn't exactly punishment compared to the other wrestlers involved not even being able to wrestle but, thats nobodys business. The coaches at bradley should handle their program however they want! So what is they had a special meeting at a boosters house that decided the fate of DM. College coaches are allowed to contact high school players so whats the big deal? Just let it be. He is back at bradley and nobody can change that!

QUOTE(soms @ Feb 15 2007 - 09:16 AM) 826372733[/snapback]

Very fair from a very good source in Creagan. Now, IMHO- seriously now,,,,, why not encourge another meeting of "letting go of the past" and considering a second chance of,,,, after many year's of punishment TO ME AND 1000's OF OTHERS, allowing the competition between all schools and Bradley resume?

Maybe you arrange a more neutral venue for talks, with a buffet on hand, with at least three coaches present to discuss the past and potential future? You could even be there with video on hand for Dean, Scott, or whomever to load up on their website should a historic anouncement develop for all of us to witness. Not sure how many TV stations would come other than 3, 9, 12 and 61?

My hopes arethat we can enjoy ALL that TN WRESTLING has to offer after some reconsideration and forgiveness. Personally I'm happy for David &his family and I'm glad that TN wrestling is not deprived of seeing hiim on the mat again... HERE with our TN wrestling family... even with our family feuds that keep brewing. Perhaps we can have one of those feuds put to rest soon and move on with growing our great sport in TN without any limitations.

The Soms

BUMP - In the name of forgiveness - Mang for some rule violations, and now team acceptance after a time of Bear wrestling penalty of competition,,, and how about some others too? Could the timing be good now for others too?

Why not have that pow-wow? What would it hurt? This may allow for some savings to the Bear Nation in searching out the strongest competition, as BB has suggested that funding can sometimes have an impact on whether the Bears travel to another tournament somewhere far off. We'd love ya for it brother Steve!!

Note: Maybe BCB can bring his camera to keep it a neutral shoot at a neutral site and a former D-2 guy.

One last fact. Mang was enrolled at Bradley that Monday morning. He had already moved back with his step-father over the weekend. His stepfather came over that sunday nite and told us David was back and wanted to live in Cleveland and if Coach would consider it wrestle again for BC. Sorry Stinger. Nothing there man. No matter how much you want it to be a violation there is none.David was moving back. If Coach Logsdon had not given the second chance he asked for I am convinced he would have sought a school where he could live back in cleveland and wrestle in the area, even though that is purely speculation on my part. He knows he let a lot of people down big time. He is hoping to move forward with a positive and productive life. Its time the rest of us allowed a young teenager looking to redeem himself do the same.

Mike Creagan

QUOTE(stinger03 @ Feb 15 2007 - 01:39 PM) 826373083[/snapback]

Maybe we should sub the word dumb for jack . I have never mentioned anyone by name and never will. This is a board for questions to be asked and people to inform other people around the state. Whether people like it or not this is being talked about by many coaches and fans. I atleast asked without accusing at first. The Creegan guy has been around Bradley for awhile so I would think he would know whats going on. So I did assume when a meeting was held with David to discuss his future at Bradley before he was there that was called recruiting. Sorry to upset anyone. Maybe I miss understood.

fjkhdfk nvbuieuir8

Partner, you almost have it figued out.

David was kicked off the team and told he would need to go to another state and win a state championship before he would be allowed to return. He did and now he's back.

We're also in the market for 3 or 4 upper weight kids. We are offfering free tuition, books, great facilities and unmatched coaching. If you know any big kids, send them our way.