District 7-AAA

rhs1234

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ Apr 3 2007 - 11:35 PM) 826429427[/snapback]This post is TOO Funny!

How many runs did YA score against Hendersonville the other night to come back. Was it 6????

This is High School Baseball - not the MLB. NO LEAD is Safe!

I have been with Coach Power for 12 years now and he is the EPITOME of CLASS. And he also coaches to

WIN Ball Games.

I just shake my head when I read posts like this. Because I KNOW Coach Buddy Powers and I realized that people who write stuff like this don't have a clue! It is their loss and my gain....

I completely disagree Mr. Limbaugh

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CRACKER @ Apr 3 2007 - 09:59 PM) 826429395[/snapback]Can anyone say sour grapes!!!!!! Coach Sloan is a whiner. He complains all night about the strike zone from the 3rd base coaches box. He complains from the dugout. He refuses to shake hands after the game as he more whining to do with the umpires. I don't want to hear about Riverdales lack of class when coach Sloan takes the cake.

As far as bunting to score a run to try to put some assurance runs on the board, I believe he was trying to win not show anybody up.

Respect for the game!!!!!! you call Sloans behaviour respectful. How about the young man showing his behind when he was called out trying to stretch a single into a double when you are trailing by 6 runs. He should have been tossed. His only excuse is that he is behaving like his coach.

I'm not sure where you were, I was there and witnessed Coach Slone shake hands. It's a good thing Riverdale is a great hitting ball club, and I will give them that, because their defense was very questionable. You would think with 5 errors it would have been a closer ballgame or a loss for Riverdale. Lebanon does have a good hitting team this year, however they were off tonight. As far as the young man showing his behind, he was never tagged with the ball, therefore the correct call would have been "safe", I understand why he was a little upset. I will tell you this, if he acted out of line, he will be reprimanded. Assurance runs when you're up by 6? Give me a break. And, by the way, no one associated with Lebanon (coaches or fans) had the classless behavior that the Riverdale fan had last year at Veterans. To the very young Lebanon ball club, keep your heads up, come out fighting tomorrow...this Riverdale team is very beatable. Even by a primary lineup of Sophomores!

QUOTE(smiley01 @ Apr 3 2007 - 11:36 PM) 826429428[/snapback]I completely disagree Mr. Limbaugh

Well - you go ahead and disagree.. And that affects me how?

QUOTE(lhsbdbb01 @ Apr 3 2007 - 11:48 PM) 826429444[/snapback]5

I'm not sure where you were, I was there and witnessed Coach Slone shake hands. It's a good thing Riverdale is a great hitting ball club, and I will give them that, because their defense was very questionable. You would think with 5 errors it would have been a closer ballgame or a loss for Riverdale. Lebanon does have a good hitting team this year, however they were off tonight. As far as the young man showing his behind, he was never tagged with the ball, therefore the correct call would have been "safe", I understand why he was a little upset. I will tell you this, if he acted out of line, he will be reprimanded. Assurance runs when you're up by 6? Give me a break. And, by the way, no one associated with Lebanon (coaches or fans) had the classless behavior that the Riverdale fan had last year at Veterans. To the very young Lebanon ball club, keep your heads up, come out fighting tomorrow...this Riverdale team is very beatable. Even by a primary lineup of Sophomores!

USJ wish they could have squeezed a run or two in in the top of the 7th against Oakland Sunday at the Warrior Classic - don't they Oakland fans???

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ Apr 3 2007 - 10:35 PM) 826429427[/snapback]This post is TOO Funny!

How many runs did YA score against Hendersonville the other night to come back. Was it 6????

This is High School Baseball - not the MLB. NO LEAD is Safe!

I have been with Coach Power for 12 years now and he is the EPITOME of CLASS. And he also coaches to

WIN Ball Games.

I just shake my head when I read posts like this. Because I KNOW Coach Buddy Powers and I realized that people who write stuff like this don't have a clue! It is their loss and my gain....

WAIT A MINUTE...are you telling me that lebanon scored 6 runs in the last inning to beat hendersonville a team that has already beaten RIVERDALE?...I think coach powers wasnt showing lack of class i think he was showing RESPECT he probably knew what you did to hendersonville and knew that every run was important because he know what yall are capable of BECASUE YOU HAD ALREADY DONE IT!!!! i have seen and umpired MANY BALL GAMES 6 runs is nothing..a hit there a walk there and as error or 2 here and then a LONG ball and that is 6 runs REAL QUICK..but if you want the us against the world mentality then that is fine to as we have used it many times being WARRIORS!!!!!

GOOD GAME WARRIORS GOOD LUCK TOMORROW

GO WARRIORS

QUOTE(lhsbdbb01 @ Apr 3 2007 - 10:48 PM) 826429444[/snapback]5

This year he shook hands i think he might have been refferring to last year kinda like you was on that Riverdale fan who was upset because of our coach being WRONGFULLY ejected...but that is another story gone...

You are right you would think that 5 errors and it would be a close game or a loss and that is WAY out of the ordinary for us we have been playing REALLY good defense this year in fact i think this is one of the best OVERALL defenses we have had in a long time so to see 5 errors was like WOW...kinda proved my point earlier though how quick you can get 6 runs...

As far as the kid at second base...i did not see a tag but i saw the ball beat him by a mile and i saw an umpire right there looking at it in perfect postion and i saw our player apply the tag if he somehow got around it then that was a great play by that kid but it still doesnt excuse what he did...he very easly could have been ejected for that...but whe you are down by 6 why are you running anyway?

Lebanon is a good ball club and we have to play good to beat them and we will have to play better tomorrow night to beat them again your pitchers did a good job tonight the shortstop that came in to pitch did a real good job so things are looking up for yall good luck to you

GO WARRIORS

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Apr 3 2007 - 11:02 PM) 826429463[/snapback]This year he shook hands i think he might have been refferring to last year kinda like you was on that Riverdale fan who was upset because of our coach being WRONGFULLY ejected...but that is another story gone...

You are right you would think that 5 errors and it would be a close game or a loss and that is WAY out of the ordinary for us we have been playing REALLY good defense this year in fact i think this is one of the best OVERALL defenses we have had in a long time so to see 5 errors was like WOW...kinda proved my point earlier though how quick you can get 6 runs...

As far as the kid at second base...i did not see a tag but i saw the ball beat him by a mile and i saw an umpire right there looking at it in perfect postion and i saw our player apply the tag if he somehow got around it then that was a great play by that kid but it still doesnt excuse what he did...he very easly could have been ejected for that...but whe you are down by 6 why are you running anyway?

Lebanon is a good ball club and we have to play good to beat them and we will have to play better tomorrow night to beat them again your pitchers did a good job tonight the shortstop that came in to pitch did a real good job so things are looking up for yall good luck to you

GO WARRIORS

The ball beat him by a mile? I think that is quite a stretch. Why do you run when down by 6? Adrenaline's flowing, you are one base closer to home, takes the force out and he made it in safe, just didn't get the call. However, that call did not beat us. Again I say, the bats were not there tonight, hopefully they will return tomorrow. Great plays by 1st, short, and 3rd and those plays were typical of what these boys can do and short and 3rd are Sophomores. I have been around this program for the past 5 years and I will say compared to years past, this team is special. They may not be the best but again I say, they are very very young and improving daily. They will only graduate 2 this year...the starting pitcher and the 2nd baseman. I think in the future they will be a force to be reckoned with. Good luck tomorrow to both Lebanon and Riverdale...should be an exciting game.

QUOTE(lhsbdbb01 @ Apr 3 2007 - 11:24 PM) 826429491[/snapback]The ball beat him by a mile? I think that is quite a stretch. Why do you run when down by 6? Adrenaline's flowing, you are one base closer to home, takes the force out and he made it in safe, just didn't get the call. However, that call did not beat us. Again I say, the bats were not there tonight, hopefully they will return tomorrow. Great plays by 1st, short, and 3rd and those plays were typical of what these boys can do and short and 3rd are Sophomores. I have been around this program for the past 5 years and I will say compared to years past, this team is special. They may not be the best but again I say, they are very very young and improving daily. They will only graduate 2 this year...the starting pitcher and the 2nd baseman. I think in the future they will be a force to be reckoned with. Good luck tomorrow to both Lebanon and Riverdale...should be an exciting game.

yes those were some great plays by those kids third made a great diving catch to get the double play and 1st and short made some nice snags but some SHOTS out of a cannon!!!!that is the funny thing about baseball..chad hits those shots and he is out and lebanon hit a few little bloopers in between short and center feild and they are hits

QUOTE(smiley01 @ Apr 3 2007 - 09:06 PM) 826429293[/snapback]Lebanon got beat tonight by a very classless and bush riverdale team. The team chants when the coach is taking a mound trip chanting at the coach which is a no no. There is nothing wrong with cheering on your teammates bbut it is very bush to chant at the other team especially the coach. And i'm a firm believer that your actions is a reflection of the coach and the coach is squeezing 8-2 with two strikes on the hitter then again with the score 9-2 which is bull crap. It all shows where there class, excuse me LACK OF CLASS, comes from and that is Coach Powers.

I have no dog in this fight but i have to get this off this off my chest, why is that baseball fans complain so much about other teams being bush league and classless, that's life everybody you play against is not going to be nice about beating you no body cares about your feelings, take your beating and move on

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Apr 4 2007 - 12:02 AM) 826429463[/snapback]This year he shook hands i think he might have been refferring to last year kinda like you was on that Riverdale fan who was upset because of our coach being WRONGFULLY ejected...but that is another story gone...

GO WARRIORS

These comments seem to come up every year after the Riverdale/Lebanon game. The Blue did come back and beat a good Hendersonville team the other night, same M/O as last night, same pitching change, and same basic line up that finished against Riverdale. The difference in the two games was that against Hendersonville The Blue fought hard, remained focused, and finished hard, and against Riverdale, The Blue seemed to loose some steam after the grand slam in the third inning. This is not to take anything away from Riverdale.

The 5 errors given to Riverdale may be generous just as the two errors for Lebanon was generous. On Lebanon's side, there was a missed throw down off the top of a glove, a missed third strike, a bobble on the squeeze, and a couple of misplayed fly balls.

A previous post was correct in stating that this is high school baseball and no lead is safe. Lebanon aspires to win, and to win consistently, Lebanon must overcome the mental mistakes, gain confidence and poise, and develop a will to win in a tough manner. Again, the difference between the Hendersonville and Riverdale game was due to these aspects. This will come with age and matruity. Again, not to take anything away from Riverdale, as this poise and confidence allowed them to overcome the 5 errors and more than a few K's at the plate.

Coach Powers controls the game. He works for every call, every strike or ball, every out, and constantly communicates with each player concerning things right and wrong. Each person observing his actions may call this as they see it. It is, just what it is, and it works for him. Not condoning or ridiculing Coach Powers' actions.

Lebanon will get better, and good luck Blue. Looking forward to hard fought game tonight, weather permitting, between Lebanon and Riverdale.