District 7-AAA

rhs1234

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Winners Inc @ Apr 7 2007 - 11:05 AM) 826431845[/snapback]he may have been talking about making a run in the tournament there slick.

Yes, I was talking about the tournament. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I believe that Oakland has the strongest pitching staff in the district!!! They have proven that they can win without throwing their "district pitchers" this season. The warrior classic and now the sports belle. this team is set up for tournament play. They have riverdale this week which should be two great games. The DNJ better cover BOTH games. even after last week I think the coverage is CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(magoo043 @ Apr 7 2007 - 10:59 PM) 826432157[/snapback]I believe that Oakland has the strongest pitching staff in the district!!! They have proven that they can win without throwing their "district pitchers" this season. The warrior classic and now the sports belle. this team is set up for tournament play. They have riverdale this week which should be two great games. The DNJ better cover BOTH games. even after last week I think the coverage is CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree, I think this team is made for tournament play with the depth they can throw out there. The tournament championships are nice, but the district games are what is really important so lets keep the ball rolling, another 18 game winning streak would be nice /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> . Agree with you on the fact that the dnj needs to do a better job, even if it has to come in the paper a day later, better late than never. Im usually pretty supportive of the DNJ, but this is ridiculous

QUOTE(2priceless @ Apr 8 2007 - 11:59 AM) 826432345[/snapback]We all know that the DNJ has never been Pro- Oakland and it is worse now. I don't think our bball team got the coverage they deserved either.

Too Funny! I guess when our buddy Tony Stinnett was covering high school baseball it wasn't either - LOL!!!

Seriously - since Gannett bought the DNJ ALL local sports have suffered to some degree because of their earlier deadline now that the DNJ doesn't print their own paper here in Murfreesboro anymore.

Great example of Gannett's current interest in high school sports?

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/se...ry=PREPSFACTORY

They still have their basketball and FOOTBALL top 10 on their high school website. Forget that boys soccer,

softball, baseball, tennis and track are all taking place right now....

Look at MTSU baseball coverage someday. Look back on MTSU basketball coverage last season. Check out any local sporting event that takes place on a week night's coverage the next morning in the paper. They had to make special arrangements to get the Friday football games in the Saturday morning paper.

Every school has the impression that the other schools are getting more coverage. But over the course of the year I have a hunch the number of words come out even in the wash....

And I tell everyone, you think the DNJ is doing a bad job then you haven't been other places and seen their lack of coverage. Even after Gannett, we are pretty lucky here to get the coverage we do get.

I'm out of town most of the time and the only real source for high school sports in M'boro is coacht. It's a shame because a lot of towns/cities do a great job of covering high school sports. I really appreciate coacht and limbaugh for all the work they do in covering middle TN high school sports. Oakland is having a great year and I doubt the DNJ even knows it! Go Stars.