District 4aaa

HB2021

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 4 2007 - 09:34 PM) 826452179[/snapback]I can't decide if that is a surprise or not.

braves4life.. I heard that's how SC scored their runs. I got there at the start of the 3rd inning, I heard the Farragut HR when I was walking down to the field from school. Were they good bunts or what? I wasn't told much about it other than the fact that they had 4 bunts.

we scored our runs off the bunts, and an rbi groundout. One of our bunts ended up being thrown to the right field wall. But Cooper shut us down yesterday, plain and simple.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, what news is on the wb/farragut game last i heard it was scheduled for sun at 5:30.? What's the feedback on who will do some damage pitching out there,and what team will come away with the win. It would be nice to see an underdog win once in a while. I get tired of the same teams winning and losing all the time. who will step up for wb? I have not seen that team really want to win the big one. why is that?? I know that blount county teams are good in football and baseball too. I would like to see some passion about beating the defending state champs? wouldn't you? Is it always about south doyle and farragut? yes they are good teams too, even great, and they have talent. I have seen talent go thru wb and maryville, in baseball, but no one really gets recruted hard, or goes anywhere special. any insight??

QUOTE(bulldawg21 @ Apr 14 2007 - 10:54 PM) 826437699[/snapback]garland threw a pefect game striking out 16 of the 18 batters he faced vs the west virgina team. maryville played walker valley today and they tied 3-3. maryville struggled and left 15 batters on base.

who has garland pitched against that puts his record so good? Anyone know? I had heard that the pitcher at maryville, Caleb Penley was good. Is he going anywhere? Is Mark Mcgill going anywhere?

Now the pitcher from SD Holland, i think has been recruted, right? By whom?

QUOTE(sportsrmylife @ May 5 2007 - 10:38 PM) 826452645[/snapback]Hey, what news is on the wb/farragut game last i heard it was scheduled for sun at 5:30.? What's the feedback on who will do some damage pitching out there,and what team will come away with the win. It would be nice to see an underdog win once in a while. I get tired of the same teams winning and losing all the time. who will step up for wb? I have not seen that team really want to win the big one. why is that?? I know that blount county teams are good in football and baseball too. I would like to see some passion about beating the defending state champs? wouldn't you? Is it always about south doyle and farragut? yes they are good teams too, even great, and they have talent. I have seen talent go thru wb and maryville, in baseball, but no one really gets recruted hard, or goes anywhere special. any insight??

I think it comes down to coaching. Coach Pharr and Coach Howard have been doing this for a long time. Farragut always has a deep talent pool. The younger age competitive teams from that are are outstanding. I believe they cultivate baseball players like Maryville does football players. You have to have a good youth program to feed the high schools. Coach Howard knows how to coach em up when they get there, but the strong youth teams from south Knox are not as plentiful. Maryville still plays Little League baseball in their area and Blount County teams find it hard to be competitive against the really good competition. This is just an opinion that I have formed in the last few years of watching youth sports in this area. Youth coaches are really important and can make or break a high school team

I'm sure that LC is ready to kick some butt in the tournament; they've played a tough schedule that will prepare them for it. The recently took two from York Institute and they aren't any better than South-Doyle.

According to CoachT, LC's schedule is ranked 99th out of 106 AAA teams; and that's with LC playing in the toughest district in the state. One wonders who LC would have to schedule to rank lower.

Coach Vulture's win total looks good, though, no matter what the kids do in the district and that's what's important, right?

QUOTE(Mi Kees @ May 5 2007 - 10:01 PM) 826452662[/snapback]I think it comes down to coaching. Coach Pharr and Coach Howard have been doing this for a long time. Farragut always has a deep talent pool. The younger age competitive teams from that are are outstanding. I believe they cultivate baseball players like Maryville does football players. You have to have a good youth program to feed the high schools. Coach Howard knows how to coach em up when they get there, but the strong youth teams from south Knox are not as plentiful. Maryville still plays Little League baseball in their area and Blount County teams find it hard to be competitive against the really good competition. This is just an opinion that I have formed in the last few years of watching youth sports in this area. Youth coaches are really important and can make or break a high school team

I agree 100%. I also agree that it starts with getting the younger players to stay motivated to play into high school. Too many times kids loose interest because either they play too much at a younger age and get burnt out, or the high school they go to just doesnt have that good of a program. I want my kid to play, but only if he has the passion. Most of the time you got Dad's as your youth coaches, and dont get me wrong some are very good at what they teach in general. But you have to have someone pretty dedicated and have the time to do it too. I know that the middle schools are getting more competitive and high school coaches are paying attention to those players and hopefully they will continue into their programs in hs. Thanks for the reply "MI Kees" makes sense.