Baseball Etiquette and Questions for E5

RUBlind!!!

CC: Please allow me to publicly apologize if my aforementioned commented offended you. My point is that several experts "claim" to know and teach the art of poo throwing. I can attest as a fact, that KNOW ONE KNOWS POO like CCriders. Period. I will argue this point to anyone. I personally have spoken to you enough to know that this is an area of expertise for you and you are very comfortable and professional in your conversing of Poo. I can see how my comments were taken out of context, however, thus the apology.

I am anxiously awaiting your seminar on Taking a Bathroom Break during the Sacrifice Bunt!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Slyder @ Feb 13 2007 - 10:26 AM) 826370052[/snapback]

CC: Please allow me to publicly apologize if my aforementioned commented offended you. My point is that several experts "claim" to know and teach the art of poo throwing. I can attest as a fact, that KNOW ONE KNOWS POO like CCriders. Period. I will argue this point to anyone. I personally have spoken to you enough to know that this is an area of expertise for you and you are very comfortable and professional in your conversing of Poo. I can see how my comments were taken out of context, however, thus the apology.

I am anxiously awaiting your seminar on Taking a Bathroom Break during the Sacrifice Bunt!

Thank you for your kind words.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. "Taking a Bathroom Break during the Sacrifice Bunt" is one of my upcoming topics, but it will will be following "The art of the 3 finger dip following a 4 pitch walk"

QUOTE(ccriders25 @ Feb 13 2007 - 10:36 AM) 826370065[/snapback]

Thank you for your kind words.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. "Taking a Bathroom Break during the Sacrifice Bunt" is one of my upcoming topics, but it will will be following "The art of the 3 finger dip following a 4 pitch walk"

I heard E5 gave the best sminar on the proper way to toss or drop kick the gatorade cooler for cause and effect in a dead dugout!!! I really would love to get my hands on the cliff notes from that seminar.

E5,

CAN YOU HELP ME WITH A COUPLE OF THINGS?

WHAT DO YOU DO ABOUT SIZING UNIFORMS? RUSSELL'S SIZE 34 PANTS ARE NOT ACTUALLY 34. THEY FIT MORE LIKE A 31 3/8. IF I GOT A BARREL CHESTED SS WHO IS 5'7 205, SHOULD I JUST ALLOW HIM TO WEAR HIS FRESHMAN FOOTBALL JERSEY? AND, FOR MY LH HINDCATCHER, HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT WEARING A JERSEY WITH ONLY THE LH SIDE SLEEVELESS?

SECONDLY, SHOULD DISTRICT TOURNEY HOSPITALITY ROOMS BE IN THE PRESSBOX OR DUGOUT? WOULD THIS HELP AVOID WING SAUCE STAINS IN THE BACK POCKETS OF THE COACHES PANTS?

Redsman,

Great Question! I am assuming this may buckle E5's knees because rumor has it he typically recruits players that will fit in the existing jerseys. ccriders could answer the hospitality tent question. He has resolved the hot wing sauce problem by keeping the Red lobster plastic bib in the back of his skin tight coaching shorts. The wing sauce drips along the plastic, to be later washed. He always wears the black nike socks w/ his white coaching shoes so he simply wipes his hands on the socks.

CCriders is a problem solver and great public speaker. If I had a son that was academically ineligilble for school... I would want him to follow in CC's footsteps. I admire him.

Slyder,

I don't mean to boast, but I have forgot more about this game than riders will ever know. I say that with no malice towards riders. But the question was for me and not riders.

REDSMAN,

I am not a Russell man when it comes to uniforms. A former midstate legend gave me great advice from personal experience. He was at Warren Co. and was tanking up before the game and either dropped wing sauce or chicken finger sauce on the Rawlings brand of white pants. He swears that all you need to clean them is cold water and a drop of the lubricating oil from any action figure toy with moveable parts. All of my players wear Rawlings. Since I took one off the dome from our third baseman throwing it back to the catcher in infield and have lost the use of my hip flexors, I have put on some weight and would suggest going to Sears and getting their "huskey" sized uniforms.

The football jersey is OK only if they have the elastic in the sleeves. The loose sleeve will allow heat to leave his arm and can cause lumpuckaroo disease. You may want to let him go with a wrestling singlet. The research I read says that letting the body surface go into the 50 degree range will promote certain chemicals that will actually help repair any tissue injuries to the arm. We have tried it by taking BP with wrestling singlets in the coolers at PFG in Lebanon. The results are skewed a bit because of the @@@@ of steaks that fell on our camera man. Gill Grissom is trying to capture as many frames as he can. I will forward the research when Brass drops it off.

Hope this helps.

Baseball Etiqutte Question for both E5 and CCriders:

What is the acceptable number of signs for the pitching coach to give the catcher to call a pitch and how many seconds should the signals last?

And...who does the head coach believe when... there is a 0-2 count and the 8 hole hitter bounces a fastball off the scoreboard for a 2 run homer. Does the head coach believe the pitching coach when he says he called for a curve ball in the dirt or does he believe the catcher when he said the pitching coach called for the heater? Assuming the pitching coach is smart and has the first opportunity to defend himself to the head coach, is the catcher toast or do they both conspire to say the pitcher threw his own pitch?

QUOTE(Slyder @ Feb 14 2007 - 11:10 AM) 826371390[/snapback]

Baseball Etiqutte Question for both E5 and CCriders:

What is the acceptable number of signs for the pitching coach to give the catcher to call a pitch and how many seconds should the signals last?

And...who does the head coach believe when... there is a 0-2 count and the 8 hole hitter bounces a fastball off the scoreboard for a 2 run homer. Does the head coach believe the pitching coach when he says he called for a curve ball in the dirt or does he believe the catcher when he said the pitching coach called for the heater? Assuming the pitching coach is smart and has the first opportunity to defend himself to the head coach, is the catcher toast or do they both conspire to say the pitcher threw his own pitch?

I DONT MEAN TO JUMP ON BOARD HERE BUT I THINK THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION IS OBVIOUS....THEY BLAME THE PITCHER FOR THRWOING THE WRONG PITCH AND THEN THE PITCHER SAYS IT SLIPS OUT OF HIS HAND

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Feb 14 2007 - 10:15 AM) 826371401[/snapback]

I DONT MEAN TO JUMP ON BOARD HERE BUT I THINK THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION IS OBVIOUS....THEY BLAME THE PITCHER FOR THRWOING THE WRONG PITCH AND THEN THE PITCHER SAYS IT SLIPS OUT OF HIS HAND

Come on, it is called sarcasm. This is not a "real" topic. Kind of like some umpires are not "real " umpires.

E5,

Great ideas. Let me know when the research is available.

On another note, I am attempting to go with a strictly hit and run offense. You will no doubt remember that this idea comes from one of your JV coaches, who ran interesting hybrid of hit-and -run and and fisters to the RF chalk line. How do you feel about that?

And dont worry about the all-star thing. Remember WOODBURY. HE COULD ALWAYS HIT.

QUOTE(E5 @ Feb 14 2007 - 11:25 AM) 826371426[/snapback]

Come on, it is called sarcasm. This is not a "real" topic. Kind of like some umpires are not "real " umpires.

I WAS KIDDING TOO did you not read it all? If i realize this was a sarcastic topic im with ya i would prefer to say that not all pitchers are real pitchers lol lets leave umpires out of this lol