Ronnie Carter

bear cat brown

QUOTE(bear cat brown @ Feb 12 2007 - 08:05 PM) 826369248[/snapback]

I don't think either of those two are scared of Tee. As far as Tee's coaches looking at my tapes, hasn't happen yet in the two years that Tee has been there and it certainly wouldn't have happened with that one. Of course it would be by myself cause I'm the only one ever home.

bcb

First of all, I think that BCB and Harry have been very entertaining this season and I think they are fine people. I don't know them personally, but they seem to have a good time, without being overly sensitive or always on the defensive. (Sorry I didn't lend a hand during that long clean out of the SUV at Brentwood.)

As for video, I see both sides of the story and have felt a bit defensive when I felt an opponent was filming for the purpose of "seeing what we had". At this point, I think most programs know what the other programs "have".

I can't believe Laxton didn't whip out the rule book, as it has been firmly planted in his back pocket for the last two years that I have been at matches. It does seem that the Bear nation seem a little tense, a bit defensive and perhaps do protest too much at times. Maybe the Irish need to teach them to loosen up a bit.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again there is no reason to tell the parents what he is there to do. Again like you keep saying none of their business. What he does to you might be unethical again doesn't make your opinion right. Just because a parent looks at you like that also doesn't mean BCB was in the wrong. I do not know BCB never have met him. I'm just stating the facts about if it was right or wrong to tape another wrestlers match. The answer is yes, has been since 1995 when I was wrestling and taping matches when I had a off weekend or night. I still have tapes of Jimmy Hoover again still did not help me when I was looking at lights.

The open letter was not a admission of guilt to Ronnie Carter either it was a question stating the same question I just stated. Theres one thing on getting on here to try to defend your team. I commend that I do the same with my old team that I still help from time to time. But to not look at the facts and what BCB actually wrote about is ignorant. Some parents take things much to hard and seriously than others. If you want to come and tape my son when he is wrestling go right ahead. If I had the time and money I would save you the trip and dub a copy for you. To each parent that takes the sport too seriously and gets caught up in getting mad for something like this takes away from the real star in the sport and that is the kid themselves.

I wish people could look at things from an unbiased view for once. Think about it: BCB clearly said Heath Eslinger went up into the stands to stop the filming also....so where is the "Heath Eslinger is a thuggish, childish idiot" bullcrap? Was he not as wrong as Chad? It seems like more Bradley bashing to me...

OnePostOnly-The fact that you are implying that the Bradley Wrestling program has no principles automatically should make people skip the rest of your post, as anyone with a brain stem knows that the exact opposite is true. Bradley is continuously being criticized for STICKING TO THEIR PRINCIPALS when it comes to them not wrestling private schools. No, you say, theyre just scared when it comes to THAT issue. Sounds like everyone is trying to get them to follow THEIR codebook of rules, not this one that Bradley supposedly has. By the way, do you know where i can find that? I would like to read it some time. Is the some sort of secret treasure map that tells you how to find it? Chad decided (as would i have also in this situation) to quit arguing because it is useless. Why should a grown man have to sit behind a keyboard and defend his own motives that he thought were right to gain the approval of a few other "grown men" whose opinions are about as important as those last forfeits that Franklin recieved in the state duals semi's from Ooltewah? (Soms can help you with that if you dont know what i mean)

CobraKid-If coaches taping other teams matches is illegal, then wouldnt you agree that morally it is wrong, because it gives an unfair advantage to the person with footage on future opponents? What is the difference between that and a parent (especially one as close to the team/coaches as BCB) doing the same thing? If you think this thread was started to help others in the same situation, then why offer names and bash the people involved in the first place? (Im not saying you are bashing BCB, im referring to all of these "wrestling experts" we have on this board)

QUOTE(whatruthinking @ Feb 12 2007 - 09:23 PM) 826369448[/snapback]

just help me to understand--you say neither wrestler is scared of tee--you say tee and his coaches will not see this tape--and you say you will watch this home alone---now i worry about you taping two minor boys to watch in privacy of your house-----and if i am not mistaking tee and j-bo have wrestled twice this year--why would you need to tape j-bo and hunter if you have already have tape of them wrestling tee--if you thought you were doing no wrong why call someone to ask before the fact--why not call and ask the coaches involved instead of someone else--why not just ask the parents --hey mind if i tape your kids to watch alone at my house??

W W

ITJX-A golden cow is pretty self exlanatory....a cow that is gold in color. You must be getting the form that the word is used mixed up.....a solid gold cow would be, in fact, inert and impossible to ride. But a cow that is simply gold in color is just as good for riding as one that is normal brown, black, white, and ive even seen some red ones on occasion. And, im sure BCB knows this, Lucifer comes in many forms....it says it in the good book i think.....here is a link to a website that shows how to sharpen a trident, by the way

http://www.ehow.com/how_12128_choose-file.html

By the way, im Republican, so if you want to debate some political issues too then let me know, im always here.

Because A coach which I have been for the past few years can take each tape break it down and sit his wrestlers down to coach the strength and weaknesses of each wrestler and where to attack those points. If a kid or his parents make that effort than they(and I never said my opinion if it was right or wrong) are able to do that. Its the extra prep that can help make good wrestlers better wrestlers like Peyton Manning staying after practice to watch the defense of other teams. That extra effort is awarded to all parents and wrestlers. Just not the coaches in their sense without others permission is unethical. Its the way the rules state go to the book and read it if you want. Also I never have attacked nor would I want to attack the other coaches for being anything other than great coaches. Maybe not up to date on the rule book I do not know. I have known Heath for many years I even took his wrestling class at UTC have great respect for him as I do Laxton. Morally I don't think it is wrong sorry but when it comes to morals theres alot worse things this world needs to worry about than taping of a high school wrestling match. If it hurts someones feelings that much I am sorry but thats just to bad maybe you shouldn't be as serious about wrestling as that. This sport is the most amazing sport there is and I played about every sport you can and none can compare but to let your feelings get hurt because someone respects your sons wrestling skills enough to tape his match to make yourself or your son better to me is kind of sad. AND AGAIN this opportunity is offered to all wrestlers and parents out there. If you don't take advantage of that than that is your problem not BCB's. Again I'm not afraid of what people think of me personally but to hear the facts and the truth is what I truthfully think BCB was wanting with this post.

Don't get me with this can still be legal and still be wrong I can pull the old but card all you want but its not wrong if you think it is than you take wrestling and sports WAY too seriously. This is not war its a game. This is shooting a kid for a video to see how to make yourself or your son better. Not shooting someone because your life is on the line. Again it seriously shouldn't even be a rule about it. You ask what is fair about it but I say again if it is open to everyone to do as long as you are not standing in front of someone with your camera blocking someones ability to watch the match than there should be nothing wrong with taping a opponent. Its not unfair. Again as Rigger said football coaches send tapes of their team as well as others for scouting purposes so why not with wrestling. Not sure why there are so many panties in a wad about this rule.

Also maybe BCB would have been better off going, "does anyone know exactly the rule for taping a athletic contest that does not involve your own kid and is not used for the coaches or the entire team." Instead of addressing it to Mr. Carter which has no care for this himself. But again it is a rule if you do not like it go to Mr Carter yourself and let him know. The same has happened with Brandon and Oviedo in Florida where now there could be a lawsuit for Brandon taking the tape which was property of the Oviedo wrestler himself. Their rule is pretty much word for word like TN.

QUOTE(spydr1966 @ Feb 12 2007 - 07:34 PM) 826369271[/snapback]

BCB

I think your civil rights were violated. BTW they'll probably have it on public access here in Cleveland. I'll tape it for you. I have a very small camera that you can borrow (no keep it). I suggest that you swallow it two days before the next match and film while pretending to moon Laxton.

Yeah man, call your lawyer. Oh, by the way schoolsportsradio was there and they taped the whole match.... you made that trip all the way down there and we all got to watch it at the house.

I believe if memory serves me right, during the 112 match you could see (behind the wrestlers) what looks like you in a headlock of some big Bradley bouncer guy. And I hate to tell you this BCB, but while you were doing your rendition of ''armpit hair'', it looked like ol' Harry snuck in there and gave you a "peoples elbow''. So if your kidney area is still sore today, thats why.

Good luck to your son.

Saying that BCB doesn't coach his son is a joke. But the written rule about filming doesn't apply to parents. The Cleveland coach went up into the stands but the Bradley coach is the thug? Also a joke.

Everybody wants to get on here and bash on Bradley and no one can stop you. Freedom of speech. The Bradley wrestlers, coaches and fans call themselves the Bradley Wrestling Family and we take it on the sensitive side when one of our own is misaligned.