Best off the Bench !

auntkim

I know this has been a topic before but I thought it would be cool this time of year to give kudos to those players who make or break a team. I know for us (Forrest) we are very fortunate to have such a talented bench.......Kayla Mathis ( are we gonna miss you and your leadership, hustle and all around play),Beth Hawn, Amanda Daughrity, Meghan Porter, Alyssa Gugger,Shelby Stinnet, Thea Ledbetter, and the list goes on. All of these ladies have seen lots of quality playing time and been called on when the team needed them. And one more player who has been so very important to us this year and is out with an injury, Bequi Bussell (get better soon, we miss you)....thank you , thank you, thank you !!!!! Go Lady Rockets!!!!

Greeneville has a post player who comes off the bench. At times during the season, she has made a huge impact. At other times her offense struggles, but her defense is usually pretty good.

She's about 6 feet and has long arms. I think she may be the best player to come off the bench in East Tennessee.

QUOTE(scoresandstats @ Feb 14 2007 - 01:45 PM) 826371734[/snapback]

Richland has a Soph. guard who will be a force in the next 2 yrs.- K.P. Pierce

and Junior Jessica Darnell will be a major help next yr. I don't see Richland missing a step next year.

I thought Pierce was a junior??????????? She is an excellent defensive player and would start every game for most teams at point guard. Her ball handling skills have gotten much much better. This has helped Richland greatly against teams that press. She needs to shoot more!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica Darnell would be major help this year if she was used more.

QUOTE(utladyvols18 @ Feb 14 2007 - 09:19 PM) 826372252[/snapback]

Santa Fe has sophomore Tiffany Black that is a big help off of the bench, shes about 6'0-6'1 and improves a little more everyday. If she keeps going at this rate she will be a force to be reckoned with, and will see a lot of playing time next year im sure.

Ms. Black is also a polite young lady. She needs to do what many post players need to do this summer, including some from Richland. They need to find camps, or individuals, who have played post positions and work on the specialities of that position. Some camps are position specific. Seek them out. I would do this over playing AAU ball if someone had to choose between the 2. Of course do both if possible. Post play in High School basketball appears to be getting weaker with the spot light being on the 3 point shooter.

Take a look at the post players from Jackson County last year. They were machines in the post. It is obvious they were well trained. If not for only 2 or 3 hours of instruction a week, seek it out. Then work on what you learn from the instructor on your own.

Just a little advise. Some people (many people) say that my advise is worth what you paid me for it, NOTHING>>>>>

Also, one good source of practice for female post players is to find a male basketball player, either in College or even high school, and practice your moves on them. If you can get them to work against a man, you will dominate the female ranks. Take care and good luck.

QUOTE(bendoinitawhile @ Feb 14 2007 - 05:08 PM) 826371986[/snapback]

Kendra Kilgore / LA does an excellent job coming off the bench and should even be starting but I suppose since she is only a sophomore her time will come...... keep up the hard work Kendra,you're doing a heck of a job!!

I agree....Kilgore/Sophomore has played tough this year. She has been an asset to this LA team. She will shine next year.

Shelby Taylor/Freshman has played well but I expected more from her after all the Hype around her for the last couple of years. She is a good athlete & I'm sure the next few years she will show herself.

QUOTE(auntkim @ Feb 14 2007 - 11:16 AM) 826371505[/snapback]I know this has been a topic before but I thought it would be cool this time of year to give kudos to those players who make or break a team. I know for us (Forrest) we are very fortunate to have such a talented bench.......Kayla Mathis ( are we gonna miss you and your leadership, hustle and all around play),Beth Hawn, Amanda Daughrity, Meghan Porter, Alyssa Gugger,Shelby Stinnet, Thea Ledbetter, and the list goes on. All of these ladies have seen lots of quality playing time and been called on when the team needed them. And one more player who has been so very important to us this year and is out with an injury, Bequi Bussell (get better soon, we miss you)....thank you , thank you, thank you !!!!! Go Lady Rockets!!!!

You have never been so right aunt kim! Bequi , AKA BABY BUSSELL, will be missed dearly and I hope every thing heals perfectly and look forward to next year.