Top goalkeepers

knoxgk

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shims4 @ Apr 26 2007 - 09:06 PM) 826446357[/snapback]yeah but where were the big saves when they needed to be made against Bearden and Webb? he's playing well this year but is not yet at the level of the best keepers

He had four great saves in the Bearden game, but I didn't see the Webb game. True he didn't make the last save of the game and hesitated on that play in the Bearden game. I would still put him up there with the top keepers.

QUOTE(shims4 @ Apr 25 2007 - 09:27 PM) 826445400[/snapback]joey's been playing well, but has benefitted a lot from his defense and hasn't changed and impacted games like the other top keepers

i agree w/ soccer gypsy i think derosa is an outstanding keeper

From what i saw of James Holt (Riverdale) he looked pretty good. He made an amazing save playing Lebanon earlier this season when he hit the ground hard and was injured..

Also Lebanon's keeper Price Bishop has signed with a team in Indiana i believe. I think they are called Oakland City but im not sure.

QUOTE(lazyboi22 @ Apr 23 2007 - 08:42 PM) 826443808[/snapback]i hear that the gallatin goalie....Shawn something i think Cummings.....i hear he is very good....and he is only a sophmore....he started ova a junior last year....when the junior started his whole sophmore year also.....he has 8 shutouts...and 9 goals scored apon this year....5 against brentwood becuz his defense acted like they didnt want to play that game....and offense didnt wanna play either....he made some awesome saves in that game to....it shouldve been like 12-0 but Shawn pulled some amazings saves.....

I believe this post is a joke. The goalie for gallatin is ok but according to this post he is an allstar. Come on now does this kid really believe this keeper deserves all the credit for all eight shutouts? I believe not. The goalie is a decent goalie but to only have been scored on 10 times is obviously due to the defenses great efforts or just totally bad shots.

QUOTE(SoccerBaller07 @ May 1 2007 - 11:27 AM) 826449160[/snapback]I believe this post is a joke. The goalie for gallatin is ok but according to this post he is an allstar. Come on now does this kid really believe this keeper deserves all the credit for all eight shutouts? I believe not. The goalie is a decent goalie but to only have been scored on 10 times is obviously due to the defenses great efforts or just totally bad shots.

I think any keeper knows they are nothing without a good back line. The same holds true for the back line too. It is, or should be, the keeper that sorts out the defense. Saying this Tyner’s keeper has proven himself against good teams in the Chattanooga area.

QUOTE(soccerplayr @ May 1 2007 - 06:09 PM) 826449401[/snapback]I think any keeper knows they are nothing without a good back line. The same holds true for the back line too. It is, or should be, the keeper that sorts out the defense. Saying this Tyner’s keeper has proven himself against good teams in the Chattanooga area.

Are you refering to Gallatin's success in the Bearden Tournament? If so I was not present during this tournament so I can not say how good the keeper did but you must of seen something so maybe I was wrong and not giving this keeper the proper credit he deserves and also gallatin recorded another shutout against wilson central so he must be doing something right or have a heck of a defense.

QUOTE(SoccerBaller07 @ May 2 2007 - 12:23 PM) 826450049[/snapback]Are you refering to Gallatin's success in the Bearden Tournament? If so I was not present during this tournament so I can not say how good the keeper did but you must of seen something so maybe I was wrong and not giving this keeper the proper credit he deserves and also gallatin recorded another shutout against wilson central so he must be doing something right or have a heck of a defense.

gallatin beat hendersonville 2-1....it was a great game i heard.....hendersonville dominated most of it but gallatin's d shut them down....and whatever got by them the goalie was there to help.....so im not sayin the goalie for gallatin is an allstar.... but he is one of the top goalies..... but it wood be really hard for him if he didnt have the nice d he has.... the goalie helped out the d alot and the d has backed him up alot....so its really even but dont get me wrong he is a really good goalie