Top goalkeepers

knoxgk

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely Adam Greene from Farragut.

I believe he has been the only keeper on his club team for 3-4 years. They've won the D1 state cup two years in a row, the Region III southern division premier league last year, and now with Farragut, the state HS championship.

I don't think any other keeper in the state can match that record.

Plus, I read that he just signed with Marshall University.

Walker is great - no doubt about it, but Bearden always plays 4-5 defenders in front of him. Farragut usually played two or three in front of Greene this year - at least in the games I saw. Greene saw a LOT more pressure. He and his defenders probably would have gotten a lot more attention if the Farragut coaches weren't so obsessed with publicizing their offense...

QUOTE(SoccerItToMe @ Jun 1 2007 - 09:13 PM) 826470222[/snapback]Definitely Adam Greene from Farragut.

I believe he has been the only keeper on his club team for 3-4 years. They've won the D1 state cup two years in a row, the Region III southern division premier league last year, and now with Farragut, the state HS championship.

Walker is great - no doubt about it, but Bearden always plays 4-5 defenders in front of him. Farragut usually played two or three in front of Greene this year - at least in the games I saw. Greene saw a LOT more pressure. He and his defenders probably would have gotten a lot more attention if the Farragut coaches weren't so obsessed with publicizing their offense...

I think based just on High School performance, I would say Brian Walker. Based on high school and club I would say Adam Greene. Adam struggled some in high school games, some games he struggled a ton, others not so much.

QUOTE(Nashville Panther @ May 8 2007 - 09:06 AM) 826454261[/snapback]Hume Fogg has 2 great GK. They split the playing time and are only Sophmores. They should get joint membership on the all-district team.

agreed. they both are outstanding. usually teams only have one great keepers. hume fgg has two. and there only sophmores.

QUOTE(mj92mh @ Apr 25 2007 - 06:02 PM) 826445318[/snapback]William Griffith is a good keeper.

Plays for Mount Juliet.

i played travel with william a couple of years ago and he is the best keeper i have ever played with. tall, comes out with authority, and one of the best set of hand in the state.

QUOTE(SoccerItToMe @ Jun 1 2007 - 09:13 PM) 826470222[/snapback]Definitely Adam Greene from Farragut.

B-Walk is better but adam is still good and what are u talking about "publicizing the offense". That has nothing to do with how you play on the field.

QUOTE(The Tron Special @ Jun 3 2007 - 12:17 AM) 826470676[/snapback]B-Walk is better but adam is still good and what are u talking about "publicizing the offense". That has nothing to do with how you play on the field.

I almost think he is trying to say that the coaches cared more about scoring than playing defense. That maybe they didn't care if they got a shutout, because they knew that they had the offense to outscore any team. He also could be saying Farragut put alot more attention on offense, like having 4 or more players attacking at all times and only have 3 defenders at all times. I don't know though.